• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1412 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
The whole Geraint Thomas winning PN has Sky PR guff machine working overdrive

http://road.cc/content/news/182402-team-sky-has-new-training-method-theyre-keeping-it-under-wraps

Sky has a new training method!!!!!

Wonder does it include getting hammered after a win....

Oooh I think I have it! (Making this up out of whole cloth mind you..) Given that a swim coach is now in the mix, it is reasonable to conclude that they are including some "overspeed" training into their regime. In swimming a high tech method is to swim in a swim flume and get used to swimming at higher speeds that one can normally attain in the pool. Ditto for pull buoys, fins, etc. What Sky is doing now is (this is the made up part) training on bikes that have tiny motors inside them so that riders can get used to riding at higher than normal speeds without the hassle of motorpacing. This also would provide plausible cover should one of the motorised bikes "accidentally" be used on say a TDF climb where one of the riders would pedal away at incredibly high RPM.....oops.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

arthurvandelay said:
Benotti69 said:

http://road.cc/content/news/182402-team-sky-has-new-training-method-theyre-keeping-it-under-wraps

Oooh I think I have it! (Making this up out of whole cloth mind you..) Given that a swim coach is now in the mix, it is reasonable to conclude that they are including some "overspeed" training into their regime. In swimming a high tech method is to swim in a swim flume and get used to swimming at higher speeds that one can normally attain in the pool. Ditto for pull buoys, fins, etc. What Sky is doing now is (this is the made up part) training on bikes that have tiny motors inside them so that riders can get used to riding at higher than normal speeds without the hassle of motorpacing. This also would provide plausible cover should one of the motorised bikes "accidentally" be used on say a TDF climb where one of the riders would pedal away at incredibly high RPM.....oops.
This is kinda brilliant. Explains a lot.

Fact: Sky has license to win everything this year. One-two a TdF.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:
wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:
Wrinkley, you must be hiding in the corner going, WTF, Thomas's performance must even make you wence!!!

No, no wencing or even wincing. I celebrate and if you think he was not a genuine prospect and it was not a natural progression I suggest you consider his palmares. I am not about to repeat them, so take the trouble to look them up on Wikipedia if you need to.

You come across as an intelligent, honourable sort and if you think that "G" dropping Contador on a climb at the business end of a week long tour is normal then I fear that cycling and sport really has no hope. Seriously, today's result puts cycling in the realms of wrestling. British blind faith is no excuse. Farcical.
So you think Contador is the same operator he used to be? I don't think he can do what he used to, but that's another story. And don't forget G was fifth overall last year despite supporting Porte and also crashing on stage 6.

Must be all those years riding up hill as he swung up during TP events.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

HelmutRoole said:
arthurvandelay said:
Benotti69 said:

Would not surprise me if Brailsford is hoping Froome does a DNS or DNF and a Thomas win.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
HelmutRoole said:
arthurvandelay said:
Benotti69 said:

Would not surprise me if Brailsford is hoping Froome does a DNS or DNF and a Thomas win.
He's definitely more marketable than Froome, right? Froome's the guy you want to run off the side of the road with your pickup truck. Thomas is the guy you want your daughter to marry. No comparison.

This secret training thing, though... I've posted about this before. This is a page out of Vaughter's book. It's classic get-out-in-front-of-the-story PR. They've likely got the drugs in hand, they've seen the results, they're going to use them, they're better than last year's. It's preemptive PR explaining the performances that are on the horizon.

Damn they're rolling the dice though. Trying to recreate the Armstrong magic but with a better ending.

Re: Sky

Full article is here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2016/03/12/behind-the-scenes-with-tim-kerrison---the-team-sky-visionary-beh/

This is why the only plausible response is to be a hater: to have your intelligence that badly insulted leaves no other possible interpretative pathway.

Froomey smashes Armstrongs Col de la Madone training time.....because of....."better life-training balance....And this year with a kid it will be a bit different...."

Please, at least give us some horsecrap pseudo science....

As for G winning P-N: that makes 5 the number of high quality GC winners churned out by Sky in about 5 years. Unprecedented? This trumps Gewiss in the 90's (Berzin, Ugrumov, Bobrik, Gotti, Riis) on podiums and wins of major stage races....

The Hegelian said:
Full article is here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2016/03/12/behind-the-scenes-with-tim-kerrison---the-team-sky-visionary-beh/

This is why the only plausible response is to be a hater: to have your intelligence that badly insulted leaves no other possible interpretative pathway.

Froomey smashes Armstrongs Col de la Madone training time.....because of....."better life-training balance....And this year with a kid it will be a bit different...."

As for G winning P-N: that makes 5 the number of high quality GC winners churned out by Sky in about 5 years. Unprecedented? This trumps Gewiss in the 90's (Berzin, Ugrumov, Bobrik, Gotti, Riis) on podiums and wins of major stage races....

my intelligence can decide if what I read is PR spin or truth.
if it's their usual narrative, my intelligence won't be angry at them. we know how they roll.
why getting angry at something we already know it's PR spin?

This caught my eye
chris-froome-medium_trans++qVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

A coffee stop?!?!? :eek:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

pastronef said:
The Hegelian said:
Full article is here:

my intelligence can decide if what I read is PR spin or truth.
if it's their usual narrative, my intelligence won't be angry at them. we know how they roll.
why getting angry at something we already know it's PR spin?

tumblr_mz0anflpHB1qakh43o4_500.gif

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
G Thomas riding as a domestique into a headwind, rode plateau de beile faster than epo Armstrong.

But that is perfectly understandable because contador isn't as good as he used to be.

Makes sense.

but not faster than Jamie Burrow and Pantani. Burrow or is it Barrow, he still holds the record in the espoir/neo pro race L'isard, Ronde l'Isard, he beat the reigning world champ in the amateur/or U23 world champ chrono, Thor big norske, Hushovd, he beat him in the chrono, then breaks the record of Pantani on plateau de beile going uphill, that is the quintessence of full genius. not just full genius, it is the quintessence of full genius. If there was a competition between all the full retards, this would be the full genius of the competition of full retards.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

HelmutRoole said:
Benotti69 said:
HelmutRoole said:
arthurvandelay said:
Benotti69 said:

He's definitely more marketable than Froome, right? Froome's the guy you want to run off the side of the road with your pickup truck. Thomas is the guy you want your daughter to marry. No comparison.

This secret training thing, though... I've posted about this before. This is a page out of Vaughter's book. It's classic get-out-in-front-of-the-story PR. They've likely got the drugs in hand, they've seen the results, they're going to use them, they're better than last year's. It's preemptive PR explaining the performances that are on the horizon.

Damn they're rolling the dice though. Trying to recreate the Armstrong magic but with a better ending.

here is irony.

Murdoch was instrumental in taking him down.

Yes, Greg played a part, Floyd played a part, Kimmage plays a part, Betsy played a part, Walsh played a part, but until Reed and Vanessa at WSJ get the greenlight to go after him, I think Armstrong coulda managed his way out of the pickle. There were too many vested interests and powerful people in his corner.

It is like a game of Jenga, I think you can take out any of those bricks in the Jenga column, but Murdoch. Murdoch does not like Lance suing his british papers and Walsh back home. More so than Floyd's Qui Tam.

Murdoch, unlike the phone hacking, Rebekkah Brooke and Coulson and Saville, Murdoch is back to his powerful best and bedding Jerry Hall or whoever the Batman chick is, and he can sweep it all under the rug and protect Froome Brailsford and Wigans. Just need to throw a few bones to the ADAs like Tiernan Locke. JTL is paying the mortgage while everyone else lives in Belgravia

Family-Pack-Tim-Tam-300x213.png

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

sniper said:
LaFlorecita said:
Not to mention all the riders below Thomas in the suspiciousness ranking.
I won't bother with the calculations, but from what I can tell, if you take any of the years from 2011 through to 2014, and you calculate the average suspicion index ranking for each team, Sky beats all other teams.

So say, for example in 2012, team X had five riders on the list, total S-I points 20, makes an average of 4.0.
Team Y had four riders on the list, total 22 points, makes an average of 5.5.
Team Z had six riders on the list, 20 points total, makes an average of 3.3,
etc.
Team Sky would come out with the highest average.

but Sniper, no one, NO ONE, no one is clean at this level. No one is clean, so should we hold out Sky and Garmin to a higher standard on the uncleanliness[sic] metric. Ofcourse we should not. I think it is valid that the measurement is 'if it does not show up you are clean'. This was Michele's version of anti-doping and doping and anti-doping testing. I think this is credible.

ofcourse they are all doping, but as long as they pass the tests, I have no issue.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Benotti69 said:
No he was just obfuscating.
Peloton is not a Sky fan.

Cheers FLo.

Sky thread. No need to discuss Sagan or Quintana.

G Thomas was not a GT contender till last year when he 'miraculously' found a set of climbing legs, lost the fat or just found another gear on that big engine he always had on the track.

Bad wording from me, sorry about that.
I was reflecting how 'G' chased down attacks from Nairo & Contador at the Tour last year, while having won a classic before that.
Hence the Sagan note, if he suddenly climbs like 'G', and chases Nairo or Froome down, well :rolleyes:

I actually like Thomas, he was known as a huge talent early on, for the classics, but he was the Sky plan for the 1st British rider to win the Tour, in 5 years, when Sky was launched.

Then Dr. Leinders joined and we know what happened then.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

peloton said:
but he was the Sky plan for the 1st British rider to win the Tour, in 5 years, when Sky was launched.

they also spoke of Peter Kennaugh in such refrain. the verbatim words

and they big-upped Froomedawg even then

peloton said:
Benotti69 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Benotti69 said:
No he was just obfuscating.
Peloton is not a Sky fan.

Cheers FLo.

Sky thread. No need to discuss Sagan or Quintana.

G Thomas was not a GT contender till last year when he 'miraculously' found a set of climbing legs, lost the fat or just found another gear on that big engine he always had on the track.

Bad wording from me, sorry about that.
I was reflecting how 'G' chased down attacks from Nairo & Contador at the Tour last year, while having won a classic before that.
Hence the Sagan note, if he suddenly climbs like 'G', and chases Nairo or Froome down, well :rolleyes:

I actually like Thomas, he was known as a huge talent early on, for the classics, but he was the Sky plan for the 1st British rider to win the Tour, in 5 years, when Sky was launched.

Sagan climbing on Mt. Baldy in the Tour of California?

TRENDING THREADS