• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1429 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Saint Unix said:
SeriousSam said:
All the power will come from the Dawg's post stage warm down to reduce the environmental impact
The drum is connected directly to his crank. He just does one of his seated attack to run the centrifuge.
This explains the mysterious burst yesterday. Maybe his machine was reaching the end of its cycle, and it needed a final jolt of power to kill ALL THE GERMS.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Andersen on Mollema:“I know we should always go for the win but I think we also quite happy where we are for now.”

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/07/trek-mollema-can-continue-to-improve-in-the-future/

Do the other teams accept that Sky and Froome are going to win this bar accident. ASO/UCI have preordained it.

So the others are riding for 2nd and 3rd? Probably.

Is does have the 'aura' ( or stink) or the Armstrong and Indurain eras.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:

Is does have the 'aura' ( or stink) or the Armstrong and Indurain eras.
agreed.
or worse.
There seems to be even less room for dissident voices within the peloton these days compared to the Lance era.
The ranks seem very firmly closed these days.

It could change when they run out of money.

Re:

Beech Mtn said:
NBCSN's US Tour broadcast just reported that Brailsford claims Sky have supposedly purchased a whole truck full of washers and dryers so that each rider has his own machine, so his laundry isn't washed in the same machine with anyone else's clothes, so as not to pass germs from one to another. Sweet Jesus.

Well at least the laundry is clean

buckle said:
Beech Mtn said:
NBCSN's US Tour broadcast just reported that Brailsford claims Sky have supposedly purchased a whole truck full of washers and dryers so that each rider has his own machine, so his laundry isn't washed in the same machine with anyone else's clothes, so as not to pass germs from one to another. Sweet Jesus.

Well at least the laundry is clean

I wonder if Dawg uses fabric softener in his clothing?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
well, cycling is a skill and tactics sport.
so doping doesn't really help.
:rolleyes:

and we know now for a fact that epo doesnt work.
Herman Ram, Jeukendrup's partner in (pseudo)science, has proven it.

Re: Sky

LeMond doubts Sky

In an interview in L’Equipe, three-time winner Greg LeMond said there is “nothing worse than doubt.” After raising doubts about motors in the peloton, he also had a go at Sky, saying this: “Froome turns the legs so fast that it’s contrary to the laws of physiology. What annoys me is to hear certain trainers say it’s all science fiction, which is disinformation. Others make us believe that they are ahead in science. These famous marginal gains of Team Sky? What a load of bollocks. There are no new training methods; it’s false. In this area, miracles don’t exist.”

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/07/tour-de-france/tour-notebook-reading-olegs-mind-lemonds-sky-doubts_415091

May 26, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
LeMond doubts Sky

In an interview in L’Equipe, three-time winner Greg LeMond said there is “nothing worse than doubt.” After raising doubts about motors in the peloton, he also had a go at Sky, saying this: “Froome turns the legs so fast that it’s contrary to the laws of physiology. What annoys me is to hear certain trainers say it’s all science fiction, which is disinformation. Others make us believe that they are ahead in science. These famous marginal gains of Team Sky? What a load of bollocks. There are no new training methods; it’s false. In this area, miracles don’t exist.”

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/07/tour-de-france/tour-notebook-reading-olegs-mind-lemonds-sky-doubts_415091

LeMond taking shots at a lot of people there.

Brailsford, Walsh, Swart to name a few.

I hope some Journalists have some balls and put it to Sky/Brailsford! But I wont hold my breath.

Sky aren't smart enough to get away with this though. Cookson and the UCI might be riding the ass off Brailsford and Sky but Sky have lied incessantly in the past, and done so in a sloppy manner. It'll eventually unravel. It's gonna be a great day seeing Bradley Wiggins actually have an excuse for having such a sour facial expression when he is being interviewed .

My crystal ball prediction is Landa wins a GT at Sky (Vuelta most likely), gets popped for something and will eventually spill the beans and the whole ship will start to sink. Landis and Landa sound far too similar for it to be only a coincidence ;)

Seriously though, the so called frozen blood samples belonging to Froome are long destroyed. It'll take someone high up from the inside for any truth to arise from this.

Plus Froome has always stated with absolute certainty that his tour wins will always stand the test of time. Froome appears to have no problem winning tour after tour with the mounting speculation, questions and scrutiny that this brings. He is comfortable with the level of protection afforded to him. I'm not sure he will ever get busted. Wiggins on the other hand never appeared comfortable with any of this and a clean rider should be absolutely glowing with pride after winning a tour yet he has stated that he derives more satisfaction from his track wins. It is relatively easy to read between the lines.

thehog said:
LeMond doubts Sky

Got to admire lemond. After all he went through with lance, now he takes on Vickers and his mob.
Tough old git

Is it true that when Astana took over on the front, upping the pace during one of the recent mountain stages, that Froome took it upon himself to ask Aru what was going on, questioning what their tactical plan might be? I read it but wasn't sure whether it was a joke or not.

Edit: This probably doesn't belong in the Clinic. Mod's feel free to move it to the appropriate thread.

Angliru said:
Is it true that when Astana took over on the front, upping the pace during one of the recent mountain stages, that Froome took it upon himself to ask Aru what was going on, questioning what their tactical plan might be? I read it but wasn't sure whether it was a joke or not.

Edit: This probably doesn't belong in the Clinic. Mod's feel free to move it to the appropriate thread.

Dawg also blocked Bardet's attempt to grab a water bottle just prior to him attacking to the decent.

thehog said:
Angliru said:

Dawg also blocked Bardet's attempt to grab a water bottle just prior to him attacking to the decent.

Wasn't that nice Dutch chap Poels? The same who received a can of soda with 13k to go from a Sky soigneur.

thehog said:
Angliru said:

Dawg has asserted himself as 'the boss' in the peloton during this tour. Think of all the little incidents from the start. Stealing irrelevant KOTM points on Maijka, punching a fan, slowing the peloton down before the ascent of Ventoux, blocking Bardet, working in cahoots with Porte. He is a ruthless competitor and I think underneath the softly spoken politeness is an aggressive character with plenty of axes to grind. Considering his meteoric rise from riding domestiques for Greg Henderson in the 2010 giro and how he was a former grupetto rider, it's amazing to see the level of respect he appears to have from other riders who he has passed out on his way to the top of the sport.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

ontheroad said:
thehog said:
Angliru said:

Dawg has asserted himself as 'the boss' in the peloton during this tour. Think of all the little incidents from the start. Stealing irrelevant KOTM points on Maijka, punching a fan, slowing the peloton down before the ascent of Ventoux, blocking Bardet, working in cahoots with Porte. He is a ruthless competitor and I think underneath the softly spoken politeness is an aggressive character with plenty of axes to grind. Considering his meteoric rise from riding domestiques for Greg Henderson in the 2010 giro and how he was a former grupetto rider, it's amazing to see the level of respect he appears to have from other riders who he has passed out on his way to the top of the sport.

Froome's problem might be that he wants to not just be a champion, but a patron - not Indurain, but Hinault. I say 'problem' because Indurain's niceness is what's protected him for a quarter of a century. Patrons always seem to fall further than the rest. He needs to be careful.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

red_flanders said:
ontheroad said:
Plus Froome has always stated with absolute certainty that his tour wins will always stand the test of time

No difference here between Froome and every proven doper in the past. The denials are invariably staggering in retrospect. It means literally nothing.

What choice have they got, in terms of denial? The moment they answer the question they are committing themselves to a lifelong lie, or immediate ejection from the sport.

Time for my yearly contribution to the Sky clinic thread:
Train-is-doped-to-the-gills.
Bloody good program, those lads have.
Still pisses me off.
But more accepting now, what can you do?
You just watch them watch their watts and wait for the whole crappy play to end.
You briefly remember the past and think 'oh, what Le Tour could be!'
But then you think, actually no, this is quite fitting.
A bit like parliamentary politics - terribly *** but it fits what we are.

Re:

elduggo said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-on-froome-people-arent-asking-the-same-questions-as-in-the-past/

hmmm

13 tests outside pre/post stage tests. No night-time testing for Froome. Barfield named has being involved in Sky bike checks.

hmmmmm

not a terribly reassuring presser by Sir Dave and Sir Chris

Cooperation for "getting the bikes ready", huh? Shouldn't there be an element of surprise here? The UCI arrives then quentines bikes? Why is Sky 'preparing' the bikes?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Interesting tweet from Peter Kennaugh in reply to one from Ned Boulting about number of days in yellow for the Dawg.

EDIT: When Thomas made that Q&A video(you're a legend etc etc) with Armstrong at the TdU all those years ago, was Kennaugh the 2nd Sky rider there?