Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1430 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 8, 2016
143
0
0
I guess you have to give them credit until things start looking bad. What doesn't make sense to me is Contador getting busted, and Team Sky and Froome, who have sometimes delivered similar or even stronger performances than Contador not getting caught. Something smells fishy here.
UCI is a mafia, and of course SKY is money. No doubt about that.
 
FFS these guys are taking the piss in this race. If Astana's Giro 2015 train were filthy cheats, then Sky have raised the cheating bar significantly in this tour. Postal days again.
 
Re: Re:

Pantani_lives said:
I'm convinced Team Sky is doping, but how to prove it? The UCI isn't doing anything, the media and the "fans" are just as uncritical as in the US Postal era. .
Nah. The fans are generally critical. That's why the media has been trying to paint the fans as yobs for the last few years and using racist rhetoric against the French, exactly like Armstrong used to.

Why do you think Brailsford keeps inventing new stories every year instead of sticking with the old ones and why they keep trying these publicity stunts like releasing magically found never before seen data.

Its because they are frustrated with the continued absence of belief from the cycling world outside those with a financial interest in promoting sky as clean. But Brailsford only knows how to use a hammer - cheap pr, and he keeps reverting back to that.
 
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
Pantani_lives said:
I'm convinced Team Sky is doping, but how to prove it? The UCI isn't doing anything, the media and the "fans" are just as uncritical as in the US Postal era. .
Nah. The fans are generally critical. That's why the media has been trying to paint the fans as yobs for the last few years and using racist rhetoric against the French, exactly like Armstrong used to.

Why do you think Brailsford keeps inventing new stories every year instead of sticking with the old ones and why they keep trying these publicity stunts like releasing magically found never before seen data.

Its because they are frustrated with the continued absence of belief from the cycling world outside those with a financial interest in promoting sky as clean. But Brailsford only knows how to use a hammer - cheap pr, and he keeps reverting back to that.
Okay, I didn't mean cycling fans in general, but the people who are blindly supporting Team Sky. Many people who have been following cycling for years are much more critical indeed.
 
Moreover, LBL is basically the who's who of blood doping if we look at winners/podium. So not a very good defence, IMHO.

Sky bugs me more than usps did because they will probably pull this off. Better pr, less abrasive frontman and most importantly they saw lance go down and quite likely did their homework.
 
Feb 6, 2016
1,213
0
0
Re:

meat puppet said:
Moreover, LBL is basically the who's who of blood doping if we look at winners/podium. So not a very good defence, IMHO.

Sky bugs me more than usps did because they will probably pull this off. Better pr, less abrasive frontman and most importantly they saw lance go down and quite likely did their homework.
All the Ardennes classics really: http://www.irishpeloton.com/2010/04/drugs-week-in-the-ardennes/


To the bolded: basically Indurain and Banesto then, and look at how they pulled it off.
 
Re: Re:

Cannibal72 said:
meat puppet said:
Moreover, LBL is basically the who's who of blood doping if we look at winners/podium. So not a very good defence, IMHO.
All the Ardennes classics really: http://www.irishpeloton.com/2010/04/drugs-week-in-the-ardennes/
"If the results of all the dopers were to be wiped from the record books, needless to say the history of the Ardennes classics would have a very different look. Andy Schleck would be adding Fléche Wallonne to his victory in Liége-Bastogne-Liége last year. Frank Schleck and Samuel Sanchez would both have won Liége-Bastogne-Liége twice, while Jens Voigt would have won his first monument classic in 2005. Paolo Bettini would have won Amstel Gold twice in 2004 and 2007, a race he never actually won and alarmingly, Lance Armstrong would have won Amstel Gold in 2003 despite finishing only 8th on the day."

"But all this what-ifness is a pointless game. Time is better spent looking to the future and to riders who win whilst racing clean. As Lionel Birnie also said this week:

'It’d be great if Valverde won none [of the Ardennes classics] and the races were won by riders the sport can be proud to hail as champions.'

Well, I think Mr. Birnie got his wish last Sunday as Phillipe Gilbert was first up the final ascent of the Cauberg to claim his first Ardennes classic."


Awesome.
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
So G and the Altitude native had a "rest day" yesterday, so I'm guessing Poels and Landa will be due one in one of the upcoming stages?
 
Feb 6, 2016
1,213
0
0
Re: Re:

Gung Ho Gun said:
Cannibal72 said:
meat puppet said:
Moreover, LBL is basically the who's who of blood doping if we look at winners/podium. So not a very good defence, IMHO.
All the Ardennes classics really: http://www.irishpeloton.com/2010/04/drugs-week-in-the-ardennes/
"If the results of all the dopers were to be wiped from the record books, needless to say the history of the Ardennes classics would have a very different look. Andy Schleck would be adding Fléche Wallonne to his victory in Liége-Bastogne-Liége last year. Frank Schleck and Samuel Sanchez would both have won Liége-Bastogne-Liége twice, while Jens Voigt would have won his first monument classic in 2005. Paolo Bettini would have won Amstel Gold twice in 2004 and 2007, a race he never actually won and alarmingly, Lance Armstrong would have won Amstel Gold in 2003 despite finishing only 8th on the day."

"But all this what-ifness is a pointless game. Time is better spent looking to the future and to riders who win whilst racing clean. As Lionel Birnie also said this week:

'It’d be great if Valverde won none [of the Ardennes classics] and the races were won by riders the sport can be proud to hail as champions.'

Well, I think Mr. Birnie got his wish last Sunday as Phillipe Gilbert was first up the final ascent of the Cauberg to claim his first Ardennes classic."


Awesome.
I enjoyed that bit too. Damn those dirty cheats stealing wins from the squeaky-clean Schleck brothers!
 
Oct 6, 2009
5,273
2
0
NBCSN's US Tour broadcast just reported that Brailsford claims Sky have supposedly purchased a whole truck full of washers and dryers so that each rider has his own machine, so his laundry isn't washed in the same machine with anyone else's clothes, so as not to pass germs from one to another. Sweet Jesus.
 
Re:

Beech Mtn said:
NBCSN's US Tour broadcast just reported that Brailsford claims Sky have supposedly purchased a whole truck full of washers and dryers so that each rider has his own machine, so his laundry isn't washed in the same machine with anyone else's clothes, so as not to pass germs from one to another. Sweet Jesus.
That's 9 washer dryers! What about the environment? :lol:
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Re:

Beech Mtn said:
NBCSN's US Tour broadcast just reported that Brailsford claims Sky have supposedly purchased a whole truck full of washers and dryers so that each rider has his own machine, so his laundry isn't washed in the same machine with anyone else's clothes, so as not to pass germs from one to another. Sweet Jesus.
Rings a bell.

"Might as well win". :lol:

All this then they ride down the road in the pissing rain swallowing all the dirt of the road. What is the point?

Lies to feed the myth. The fans love it. Expect washing machine sales to increase as guys want their raphas washed in separate machines from the rest of the house.
 
Feb 6, 2016
1,213
0
0
Re: Re:

Saint Unix said:
SeriousSam said:
All the power will come from the Dawg's post stage warm down to reduce the environmental impact
The drum is connected directly to his crank. He just does one of his seated attack to run the centrifuge.
This explains the mysterious burst yesterday. Maybe his machine was reaching the end of its cycle, and it needed a final jolt of power to kill ALL THE GERMS.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
Re:

Benotti69 said:
...

Is does have the 'aura' ( or stink) or the Armstrong and Indurain eras.
agreed.
or worse.
There seems to be even less room for dissident voices within the peloton these days compared to the Lance era.
The ranks seem very firmly closed these days.

It could change when they run out of money.
 
Re:

Beech Mtn said:
NBCSN's US Tour broadcast just reported that Brailsford claims Sky have supposedly purchased a whole truck full of washers and dryers so that each rider has his own machine, so his laundry isn't washed in the same machine with anyone else's clothes, so as not to pass germs from one to another. Sweet Jesus.
Well at least the laundry is clean
 
Re: Re:

buckle said:
Beech Mtn said:
NBCSN's US Tour broadcast just reported that Brailsford claims Sky have supposedly purchased a whole truck full of washers and dryers so that each rider has his own machine, so his laundry isn't washed in the same machine with anyone else's clothes, so as not to pass germs from one to another. Sweet Jesus.
Well at least the laundry is clean
I wonder if Dawg uses fabric softener in his clothing?
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
If Russian sport is doped to the gills, how come Katusha are a bunch of also rans and Sky make them look like juniors? :rolleyes:
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
well, cycling is a skill and tactics sport.
so doping doesn't really help.
:rolleyes:

and we know now for a fact that epo doesnt work.
Herman Ram, Jeukendrup's partner in (pseudo)science, has proven it.
 
Re: Sky

LeMond doubts Sky

In an interview in L’Equipe, three-time winner Greg LeMond said there is “nothing worse than doubt.” After raising doubts about motors in the peloton, he also had a go at Sky, saying this: “Froome turns the legs so fast that it’s contrary to the laws of physiology. What annoys me is to hear certain trainers say it’s all science fiction, which is disinformation. Others make us believe that they are ahead in science. These famous marginal gains of Team Sky? What a load of bollocks. There are no new training methods; it’s false. In this area, miracles don’t exist.”
http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/07/tour-de-france/tour-notebook-reading-olegs-mind-lemonds-sky-doubts_415091
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Clinic 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY