• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1430 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

thehog said:
elduggo said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-on-froome-people-arent-asking-the-same-questions-as-in-the-past/

hmmm

13 tests outside pre/post stage tests. No night-time testing for Froome. Barfield named has being involved in Sky bike checks.

hmmmmm

not a terribly reassuring presser by Sir Dave and Sir Chris

Cooperation for "getting the bikes ready", huh? Shouldn't there be an element of surprise here? The UCI arrives then quentines bikes? Why is Sky 'preparing' the bikes?

This^^

Shouldn't the UCI(if they really wanted to look for motors) have someone on the line who then stays with the bike/take it straight away. Not let the bike get back the team bus(any team, not just Sky) and let some staffer pitch up with a bike when they feel like pitching up.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

thehog said:
elduggo said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-on-froome-people-arent-asking-the-same-questions-as-in-the-past/

hmmm

13 tests outside pre/post stage tests. No night-time testing for Froome. Barfield named has being involved in Sky bike checks.

hmmmmm

not a terribly reassuring presser by Sir Dave and Sir Chris

Cooperation for "getting the bikes ready", huh? Shouldn't there be an element of surprise here? The UCI arrives then quentines bikes? Why is Sky 'preparing' the bikes?

Definitely a bit strange, maybe they mean as in not making them wait? It says in the last paragraph about how they were cooperative in making themselves available for testing. I'm not sure of the process, do the UCI grab the bikes the minute they get over the line or do they ask at the team trucks?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sky

Benotti69 said:
thehog said:
LeMond doubts Sky

In an interview in L’Equipe, three-time winner Greg LeMond said there is “nothing worse than doubt.” After raising doubts about motors in the peloton, he also had a go at Sky, saying this: “Froome turns the legs so fast that it’s contrary to the laws of physiology. What annoys me is to hear certain trainers say it’s all science fiction, which is disinformation. Others make us believe that they are ahead in science. These famous marginal gains of Team Sky? What a load of bollocks. There are no new training methods; it’s false. In this area, miracles don’t exist.”

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/07/tour-de-france/tour-notebook-reading-olegs-mind-lemonds-sky-doubts_415091

LeMond taking shots at a lot of people there.

Brailsford, Walsh, Swart to name a few.

I hope some Journalists have some balls and put it to Sky/Brailsford! But I wont hold my breath.

Glad i did not hold my breath. Non one asked about LeMonds comments. Surprise. I wonder are there any journalists covering the tour or all the fans with tablets in attendance apu.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re:

BYOP88 said:
Interesting tweet from Peter Kennaugh in reply to one from Ned Boulting about number of days in yellow for the Dawg.

EDIT: When Thomas made that Q&A video(you're a legend etc etc) with Armstrong at the TdU all those years ago, was Kennaugh the 2nd Sky rider there?

Agreed not a tweet you expect from most cyclists nevermind a Sky rider. Might get a bit of a bollocking for it, if he suddlenly isn't on the plane to Rio you know why :lol:

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

gazr99 said:
BYOP88 said:
Interesting tweet from Peter Kennaugh in reply to one from Ned Boulting about number of days in yellow for the Dawg.

EDIT: When Thomas made that Q&A video(you're a legend etc etc) with Armstrong at the TdU all those years ago, was Kennaugh the 2nd Sky rider there?

Agreed not a tweet you expect from most cyclists nevermind a Sky rider. Might get a bit of a bollocking for it, if he suddlenly isn't on the plane to Rio you know why :lol:

that was quick

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/gbcyclingteam/article/20160719-gb-cyclingteam-news-British-Cycling-confirms-final-Team-GB-squad-for-men%E2%80%99s-road-race-in-Rio-0

elduggo said:
gazr99 said:
BYOP88 said:

that was quick

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/gbcyclingteam/article/20160719-gb-cyclingteam-news-British-Cycling-confirms-final-Team-GB-squad-for-men%E2%80%99s-road-race-in-Rio-0

You couldn't make it up! :D

May 26, 2009
Visit site

elduggo said:
gazr99 said:
BYOP88 said:

that was quick

Maybe Pete didn't fancy a trip to Rio. :lol:

Cannibal72 said:
Froome's problem might be that he wants to not just be a champion, but a patron - not Indurain, but Hinault. I say 'problem' because Indurain's niceness is what's protected him for a quarter of a century. Patrons always seem to fall further than the rest. He needs to be careful.

Hmm. Froome still has a lot of work to do. Hinault, Fignon and Merckx all won tours by over 10 minutes. Sky are not trying hard enough.

May 26, 2009
Visit site

Cervelo77 said:
Cannibal72 said:
Froome's problem might be that he wants to not just be a champion, but a patron - not Indurain, but Hinault. I say 'problem' because Indurain's niceness is what's protected him for a quarter of a century. Patrons always seem to fall further than the rest. He needs to be careful.

Hmm. Froome still has a lot of work to do. Hinault, Fignon and Merckx all won tours by over 10 minutes. Sky are not trying hard enough.

Other important bikes races too.

Re:

ebandit said:
...compare with lance ...i always expected him to be exposed....too much hard evidence

with team sky...dots are rather....vague....there but not as specific.....

Mark L

IMO, the UCI and ASO learned a few lessons from USAC/USPS and applied them on their next promotional project, the UK.

What's going to undo things in the UK is as these frauds get bigger, they get much harder to control. Eventually weak-minded people inside the fraud go off the rails. It takes a few people, but eventually, the story will explode from all the effort to contain it.

We're already seeing evidence of it. UKAD official keeps doping ring running. Radcliffe's impossible explanations, spurned BC/Sky employees/contractors. Too slow for me.

BYOP88 said:
Cervelo77 said:
Cannibal72 said:

Many different kinds of other important bikes races throughout the season too.

Fixed that for you.

May 26, 2009
Visit site

DirtyWorks said:
BYOP88 said:
Cervelo77 said:
Cannibal72 said:

Many different kinds of other important bikes races throughout the season too.

Fixed that for you.

Merci. :)

kwikki said:
red_flanders said:
ontheroad said:
Plus Froome has always stated with absolute certainty that his tour wins will always stand the test of time

No difference here between Froome and every proven doper in the past. The denials are invariably staggering in retrospect. It means literally nothing.

What choice have they got, in terms of denial? The moment they answer the question they are committing themselves to a lifelong lie, or immediate ejection from the sport.

The problem is people use the denials in support of the argument that "rider X" is clean or probably clean, as if no doper would put it out such a strong denial, and the strong denial is to them, convincing on some level.

This is a problem as it's easily shown that many, many athletes (and specifically cyclists) have repeatedly offered strong, emphatic and utterly convincing denials and later shown to be on systematic doping programs. Therefore, regarding such denials as evidence of cleanliness fails simple logic tests, and is evidence of nothing.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Brailsford told cycling hack Richard Moore, " Our job is to prove that it can be done clean."

He told another hack in the Guardian, "the whole point of our team is to try and demonstrate that is possible to cycle clean and compete at the highest level".

Based on these 2 things he has failed miserably, if that was ever his intention.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
May 26, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
BYOP88 said:

“There is no place in Team Sky for those with any involvement in doping, whether past or present. This applies to management, support staff and riders.” – Team Sky statement.

Why is Servias Knaven still working with Sky?

I dont know how anyone can read that and believe anything Brailsford says.

I like this from section 5:

In June 2014, David Walsh wrote a piece in the Sunday Times in which he says the team doctor Alan Farrell knew of no such stance.

But Walsh also writes that Steve Peters insisted that it had been team policy.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

BYOP88 said:
Benotti69 said:
BYOP88 said:

“There is no place in Team Sky for those with any involvement in doping, whether past or present. This applies to management, support staff and riders.” – Team Sky statement.

Why is Servias Knaven still working with Sky?

I dont know how anyone can read that and believe anything Brailsford says.

I like this from section 5:

In June 2014, David Walsh wrote a piece in the Sunday Times in which he says the team doctor Alan Farrell knew of no such stance.

But Walsh also writes that Steve Peters insisted that it had been team policy.

What I can't understand with this is why there wasn't more attention given to Uran's TUE in 2011 when it was common knowledge at the time. Was it really team policy?

The doc is in the hotel’s bar, laptop open, phone pressed to his ear, looking concerned.
Rigoberto Uran has been suffering with breathing difficulties for the past couple of days and Dr Freeman is trying to get a Therapeutic Use Exemption for a drug to treat him.

“It can be very tricky, especially at the weekends,” he says. Yesterday, Dr Freeman contacted the race’s anti-doping doctor and put the case for a TUE. The drug is a steroid that can mimic a corticosteroid in the urine and can be misused.

“Rigo has got a chest problem,” he says. “With most asthma patients, you will never find out specifically what causes it. We’ve tested for pollen and in Rigo’s case it doesn’t appear to be that.

“The ADAMS [World Anti-Doping Agency’s Administration and Management System] website can be tricky. Your worst fear is that you’re stuck in the mountains with no internet connection but we would not give anything that’s on the list to a rider until we had everything confirmed through the proper channels.”

Could he not use the ADAMS hotline and make a phone call? “That works well Monday to Friday but not so well at the weekends,” he says wryly, acknowledging that the onus is always on the athlete and the team doctor to ensure everything is done properly.

It took a few tries but eventually, he got through to Dr Mario Zorzoli of the UCI and gained the necessary permission.

But isn’t there an argument that if Uran is unwell and his breathing is seriously affected, he should pull out of the race? “He may well do that. But he’s an ambitious young man who wants to support Bradley and he wants to secure his Tour team.

“We are not talking about performance-enhancement here. The TUE is designed to enable an athlete to take medication that a normal human being would be prescribed by a doctor. It cannot be right that you and I could go to a doctor and be prescribed something that an athlete with the same condition could not use.”

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/all-aboard-the-magic-bus-3974

I would guess Farrell was correct in what he said.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
"Peters insists that Leinders was scrupulously ethical in his time with Sky. ‘We agreed as a team that if a rider, suffering from asthma, got into trouble with pollen we would pull him out of the race rather than apply for a therapeutic use exemption on his behalf." (source: Inside Team Sky)

Re:

sniper said:
"Peters insists that Leinders was scrupulously ethical in his time with Sky. ‘We agreed as a team that if a rider, suffering from asthma, got into trouble with pollen we would pull him out of the race rather than apply for a therapeutic use exemption on his behalf." (source: Inside Team Sky)
"Except if it's Froome. Then we'll give him a steroid or a puff on the ol' inhaler and have him win the race."

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

elduggo said:
gazr99 said:
BYOP88 said:

that was quick

Maybe BC and Sky do listen to the Clinic, well me ;)

TRENDING THREADS