• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1480 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Zypherov said:
sniper said:
Indeed I'm afraid the words "empirical knowledge" were not well spent on Zypherov.
Were Indurain, Riis or Ulrich ever sanctioned?

Hegelian is right, we have the empirical knowledge of Wiggins' doping (like we do of Indurain, Riis and Ulrich's doping, and like we did of Lance's doping pre-sanction) and it comes straight from WADA, so it's rather difficult to refute.
As somebody else said, the rest is with the lawyers.

So by your logic every rider that has a sudden drop in weight, starts a high cadence, etc, TUE'S and all the rest must be doping. Observation is not evidence of the facts. If you were going to use a perception such as "empirical knowledge" in this case, it would not stand up in court. Well of course this is not a court of law. But still.

One must remember that if Chris Froome had been allowed a free reign when Wiggins won the Tour, Froome would have won it.

Wiggins was never ever a grand tour GC rider. SO what happened?

Benotti69 said:
MatParker117 said:
No punishment for Wiggins over the package, Sky and BC could still be reprimanded for poor record keeping according to The Times:

The Times reports that UKAD is close to ending their investigation, which was launched in October. In addition to Cope, another member of staff is understood to have told UKAD that they have no recollection of what the package contained. UKAD has concerns about documentation kept by British Cycling and Team Sky, says the paper, along with the transportation of medicine. It is unlikely that any charges will be made.

The SkyTimes.

Brit cycling doing an internal investigation has to be as laughable as the Russians doing an internal investigation. Same outcomes.

Exactly

pastronef said:
MatParker117 said:
sniper said:
MatParker117 said:
Flumacil.
In the package? Whauhauahauahaa.
Good one Dave.

UKAD have Wiggins medical records, if they match and I have no reason to believe that they won't that's the end of the matter.

nice to see DB not losing his composure.

would you give UKAD the Wiggins medical records? they already have it.

Only Wiggins or a Judge can hand them over and a Judge can only do so in criminal matters.

MatParker117 said:
pastronef said:
MatParker117 said:
sniper said:
MatParker117 said:
Flumacil.
In the package? Whauhauahauahaa.
Good one Dave.

UKAD have Wiggins medical records, if they match and I have no reason to believe that they won't that's the end of the matter.

nice to see DB not losing his composure.

would you give UKAD the Wiggins medical records? they already have it.

Only Wiggins or a Judge can hand them over and a Judge can only do so in criminal matters.

Stick to what you know, cheer leading.

Civil tort allows for "discovery" and subpoenas for medical records. Judges don't not "hand over" evidence, they authorise counsel's requests for specific evidence based on relevancy.

Re:

MatParker117 said:
Flumacil.

Seems legit.

Brailsford was also questioned on why the team had chosen to fly the substance 1,000 miles when it was readily available in France for around eight euros.

Comedy.

Previously...

Despite being asked several times what the 'Jiffy bag' contained in the Cycling Podcast interview, Brailsford refused to answer.

"This whole things was brought to my attention recently. I never saw a package. Obviously, now I can't go back and know what was in the package. I know what I was told was in package," he said.

Anyone buying any of this?

Ah, just perfect . . .
""The doctor and the medical team work very closely with the riders to ensure their health is maximised and it is not necessarily the case that other members of staff would be aware," said Brailsford. "I think it’s on a case by case basis and at times they do and at times they don’t.

"We trust our doctors and if there is anything that we need to know and we trust that they would let us know, then they would share it with us. If not, they will respect medical responsibility. The discretion of the doctors is good and they will share it on a need to know basis."

red_flanders said:
MatParker117 said:
Flumacil.

Seems legit.

Brailsford was also questioned on why the team had chosen to fly the substance 1,000 miles when it was readily available in France for around eight euros.

Comedy.

Previously...

Despite being asked several times what the 'Jiffy bag' contained in the Cycling Podcast interview, Brailsford refused to answer.

"This whole things was brought to my attention recently. I never saw a package. Obviously, now I can't go back and know what was in the package. I know what I was told was in package," he said.

Anyone buying any of this?
No, nobody's buying this....

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Sciatic said:
Ah, just perfect . . .
""The doctor and the medical team work very closely with the riders to ensure their health is maximised and it is not necessarily the case that other members of staff would be aware," said Brailsford. "I think it’s on a case by case basis and at times they do and at times they don’t.

"We trust our doctors and if there is anything that we need to know and we trust that they would let us know, then they would share it with us. If not, they will respect medical responsibility. The discretion of the doctors is good and they will share it on a need to know basis."

Written by a lawyer no doubt and rehashed in the meeting by Brailsford.

When you tell the truth the story never changes, but this episode had had more changes in the story that a bad soap opera

Re: Sky

Der Effe said:
How long until Sky will be done?
Hopefully the team doesn't fold over this, I think the repercussions throughout Pro Cycling would be devastating. The fall of Sky is not something anyone should hope for, I say this as someone who has rooted against this team from the very beginning. The money Sky dumps into cycling, in all disciplines would be irreplaceable. Not only that but what sponsor is going to believe any team manager the next time they say "we're going to be the clean team"? Hell, I don't know if sponsors really believe that now or not but if Sky folds there's no way anyone will ever believe that farce again...

I would be satisfied with Dave Brailsford getting fired from Sky and the team keeping it's distance from Wiggo...

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sky

I hope UK Postal folds. Seen their type before. Rupert is a tight b'stard and had enough bad publicity.

Froome can travel back to Orion's Belt, Geraint can PO, and Dumoulin and Sagan can fight for GTs.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, let it fold. I don't see any donwsides.

I mean in its current form, why would anyone want PRO-cycling to continue existing?
Honest question.
I can't think of too many arguments.
Sure, the entertainment.
But does the entertainment value weigh up against the knowledge that all these bottomfeeders are making huge (taxpayer) money by cheating? Not for me.

Re:

sniper said:
Yeah, let it fold. I don't see any donwsides.

I mean in its current form, why would anyone want PRO-cycling to continue existing?
Honest question.
I can't think of too many arguments.
Sure, the entertainment.
But does the entertainment value weigh up against the knowledge that all these bottomfeeders are making huge (taxpayer) money by cheating? Not for me.
What are you insinuating, that pro cycling burn to the ground with the hope that it will rise again as the clean sport everyone hopes it would be? I guess I'm jaded in the fact that all top prosport is tainted, and always will be as long as there's big money, power, prestige, etc. to be had. Frankly I don't think a cleansing would help..

TRENDING THREADS