• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1484 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
Important to be able ride in all types of weather to perform. Also training in warm weather is not great for racing in cold weather.

SA training = doping.
thought that was Tenerife? :confused:

:lol:

oh dear, thinking was your 1st mistake :D

Tenerife, Colorado, Mallorca, Alps, Monaco, SA..................

May 26, 2010
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
I knew the Clinic was hardcore - but OMFG, this is taking Puritanism to some new levels.

One does wonder at your constant sniping about a forum that you do little but denigrate in here and on twitter.

Whatever rocks your lil boaty.

pastronef said:
MartinGT said:
Why has 'Gee' gone to South Africa? Isn't Teide good enough any more?

Will we see 'Gee' smashing GW and RvV then holding his form, losing 4kg and then becoming a GC rider for the Giro?

Thomas, (Gee) decided to go in SA this year

he's there with Froomeey who is a local, has been racing and training there since he began riding a bike

in S.A. now there are also: Tom Dumoulin (Major Tommee) Matthews (Blingee) and Geschke (Geshckee) Caleb Ewan (Eewee) and full Orica Scott team (Orikeee)

Orica had 8 or 9 riders in SA - Stop making things up - Hepburn and Gerrans were in Australia, Chaves in Columbia, Kreuziger all over Europe, the classics squad in Spain - And there are more riders than you listed in SA.

Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
Important to be able ride in all types of weather to perform. Also training in warm weather is not great for racing in cold weather.

SA training = doping.

Lugano, Girona, Lucca etc etc

it´s everywhere!

prevent the riders to train ANYWHERE. riders are not allowed to be ANYWHERE. stop the circus!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
Benotti69 said:

SA training = doping.

it´s everywhere!

prevent the riders to train ANYWHERE. riders are not allowed to be ANYWHERE. stop the circus!

I understand your cynicism, and it's not wholly unjustified.
But I think the point is this: if all of a sudden you see so many top athletes from different sports go train in the same roundabouts, it's unlikely to be just b/c of the weather.
A top priority for any pro is to dope up properly in the off season. Last time I checked you also agree on that.
So why do so many pro's go to SA?
A plausible guess is that at the moment the 'climate' there is rather doper friendly, meaning little or no OOC testing and state of the art PEDs being easily purchasable.

It would be great if Jeroen Swart could chime in and tell us more. :)

Asked for a comment on the proposed training ban a Sky source said that the team would obey the letter of all UCI rules and laws.

Meanwhile, a source in the team's commercial organisation, Velon, said that the group was considering launching a series of UCI-sanctioned races in Tenerife, South Africa, Colorado, Mallorca, the Alps, Monaco, Lugano, Girona, Lucca etc where teams would compete against one and other in time-trial like races spread out over a period of weeks and months.

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
Benotti69 said:
SA training = doping.
I knew the Clinic was hardcore - but OMFG, this is taking Puritanism to some new levels.

I can just see the headlines in years to come:

BELGIAN FED LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO FIVE-TIME TOUR CHAMPION EDDY MERCKX AFTER FORMER TEAM-MATES CONFESS THEY TRAINED IN "WARM WEATHER LOCATIONS"!

"Everyone was doing it," said one un-named former team-mate of Merckx's, "you had to go training if you wanted to keep up, and in the winter, in Belgium, when it was snowing and pissing with rain and the wind would whip the skin from your face, that meant heading for the sun, to the Cote d'Azure or the Italian Riviera. You had no choice in the matter. It was impossible to keep up if you didn't do it. Because everyone was doing it it was a level playing field, that was the only consolation I took from it, it didn't feel like cheating knowing that."

German Tour champion Jan Ullrich had this to say: "Throughout my career I made clear that I stood firm against training, no matter where or when. But it was almost impossible to stay true to your own personal ethics. Luigi Cecchini would fax me a training plan and Rudy Pevenage would expect me to complete it, even if that meant heading down to Nice or Tenerife, where the weather was warm and it wasn't raining all the time. I resisted as much as I could but in the end it was pointless, they made me train."

Irish sprinter Sean Kelly had this to say: "In my day you could rock up for the Paris-Nice without having done any training, riders didn't need training, since the Giro di Lombardia the previous autumn you might have only touched your bike for a couple of Christmas Hamper races and the odd bit of 'cross, or maybe some six day races on the track if the money was right, or trips down to the shops to get some milk and tea and maybe some bread and some eggs. But even by the end of my career it was obvious that people had been doing warm weather training before March. The tan lines on them, sure even the fans could see it. Some of them would say 'Oh, the wife bought herself a tanning lamp and I decided to give it a try,' or they'd say they were just back from a holiday in Florida but everyone knew the truth, they'd been warm weather training."

Other former riders are expected to break their silence on the matter in the coming days.

fml-Rol, I personally find some of your posts unnecessarily snarky and adversarial but the above was very amusing. Fair play. The Clinic can be overly serious at times.

Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Asked for a comment on the proposed training ban a Sky source said that the team would obey the letter of all UCI rules and laws.

Meanwhile, a source in the team's commercial organisation, Velon, said that the group was considering launching a series of UCI-sanctioned races in Tenerife, South Africa, Colorado, Mallorca, the Alps, Monaco, Lugano, Girona, Lucca etc where teams would compete against one and other in time-trial like races spread out over a period of weeks and months.
Tour Du Strava?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
Benotti69 said:

SA training = doping.

it´s everywhere!

I doubt that in Italia there is any zone without doping. I took it as given.

Not going to change the culture of doping. Way too late for that, about 100 years too late.

Interesting article if the author is honest and not spinning: http://www.aspetar.com/journal/viewarticle.aspx?id=335#.WK_GHeByjqB

Why? Because having reviewed recent ideas and research on training, the author says this on the concluding part: "It’s tempting to speculate that training prescription is much less complicated than previously thought. Training should focus on specific physical, technical and tactical event demands."

In my understanding this is quite well in line with what the research says, and also stating the obvious. Not so much on line with the revolutionary methods and marginal gains BS Sky has been touting.

Re:

Catwhoorg said:
Per Twitter:
Freeman pulled out of the Committee meeting tomorrow due to illness.

Maybe he needs a shot of corticosteroids.
Clipboard_zpso0pp6qdn.gif

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

TourOfSardinia said:
Catwhoorg said:
Per Twitter:
Freeman pulled out of the Committee meeting tomorrow due to illness.

Maybe he needs a shot of corticosteroids.
Clipboard_zpso0pp6qdn.gif
Freeman bottled it.
Whatever info surfaced last week that caused the delay of the CMS hearing, i'd be surprised if this isn't related to that.

Meanwhile CMS has asked Freeman to submit written evidence instead.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sky

samhocking said:
Can't blame him. If UKAD were pulling this trick on me, i'd be ill tomorrow too.

Really, running away like a coward!

Why not man up and tell the truth?

Apparently Freeman is known as Dr Keke ( Dr Kenacort) in the professional peloton.

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site

Irondan said:
fmk_RoI said:

Tour Du Strava?

Ah the old World Series Cycling ploy - paging Jonathan Price

Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:
Can't blame him. If UKAD were pulling this trick on me, i'd be ill tomorrow too.

Apparently Freeman is known as Dr Keke ( Dr Kenacort) in the professional peloton.

I'm talking about the delay to UKAD's report on Team Sky / BC. If UKAD delay the report again, Freeman will simply not speak to the committee, why would he?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Got to love how things are turning out for the clean team of full and complete transparency with a dedicated tome to do everything by the code of Zero Tolerance Policy to doping.

Now the Doctor can't man up, Wiggins is ducking for cover and the 'messenger' has to take the stand. Pretty damn pathetic, but hey they all made the £££££££s and that was what it was all about.

samhocking said:
Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

I'm talking about the delay to UKAD's report on Team Sky / BC. If UKAD delay the report again, Freeman will simply not speak to the committee, why would he?
Well yea, you are quite right. Why would he want to implicate himself in any way?

veganrob said:
samhocking said:
Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

Well yea, you are quite right. Why would he want to implicate himself in any way?

I get your point, but if he has nothing to hide and therefore no implications....it stinks to high heaven. My only concern here is that we will not get to the bottom of this, but at least everyone with half a brain also now knows Sky stink, not that you needed this wee episode to convince you...

ferryman said:
veganrob said:
samhocking said:
Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

I get your point, but if he has nothing to hide and therefore no implications....it stinks to high heaven. My only concern here is that we will not get to the bottom of this, but at least everyone with half a brain also now knows Sky stink, not that you needed this wee episode to convince you...
5 years of Sky TDF domination have shown us that the world is full of people who do not have even half a brain.

veganrob said:
samhocking said:
Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

well...because he's already 'implicated'...not turning up implicates him even more. Just because the defense lawyer tells the blood soaked assailant to take the 5th..doesn't mean the the jury can't see the 'truth'....

TRENDING THREADS