• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Jumbo-Visma

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ok, apparently wellknown cycling analyst and cycling youtuber Benji Naessen has been working as a video analysist and tactical analysist for Jumbo….

My God, no wonder why no one talks critical of their performances…

I am losing my joy for cycling rapidly now.

Even the podcasts I watch are apparently linked to the most suspicious team in the recent history.

But yeah Benji is still objective on social media. Yeah riiiiight….

Meanwhile their Data Guy implied that Brendan McNulty fabricated his Strava data before deleting the tweet the next day lol

If I recall the Conti/Canc TT, there was a gentle climb in the middle?
Tour-09-Stage-18-Profile.gif

Contador was faster than Cancellara in the first section (before the climb) by ~20s if I recall correctly. He lost a lot of time in the final kms, but managed to hang on.
Yup, I recalled the race, just not exactly where the hill was. I believe conti also had some helicopter help, or there was chat about that (I don't know if there was ever objective proof about how much helicopter prop wash might have helped)

Yup, I recalled the race, just not exactly where the hill was. I believe conti also had some helicopter help, or there was chat about that (I don't know if there was ever objective proof about how much helicopter prop wash might have helped)

Motorbike not helicopter.

Even 13 years on it is still hilarious to see that 3km climb used as crutch for Contador's performance with other 37km favoring Cancellara with over 30 of those being a flat run around the lake.

Ok, apparently wellknown cycling analyst and cycling youtuber Benji Naessen has been working as a video analysist and tactical analysist for Jumbo….

My God, no wonder why no one talks critical of their performances…

I am losing my joy for cycling rapidly now.

Even the podcasts I watch are apparently linked to the most suspicious team in the recent history.

But yeah Benji is still objective on social media. Yeah riiiiight….

Looks like they took the money, hope the price was decent at least.

Looks like they took the money, hope the price was decent at least.

So why exactly does he announce this only now after the yellow jersey is safe? What a bad way to handle this.

Anyway, never really cared for his content. The video titles on Youtube are pure clickbait most of the time and if anything make me not wanna watch.

What's the context behind the tweet? (the articles he's talking about)

The 'CyclingGraphs' twitter account that is part of LR/Working for Jumbo covertly has been doing his w/kg estimations by asking the riders their weights before the races.

If the riders were disclosing this information on good faith not knowing they were working for Visma then that's a real ethical issue imo.