• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lineup for Dauphine: D. Moreno, Fernandez, Jesus Herrada, D. Quintana, Oliveira, Pedrero, Soler and Ventoso

Probable lineup for Suisse: I. Izagirre, Anacona, Arcas, Dowsett, Jose Herrada, Gorka Izagirre and Lobato.. that makes
it seven, but no Castroviejo which was scheduled to take part in that race, according to PCS. Hopefully he will be back at a very good level already, otherwise, its game over for TdF.

Not the best teams since neither Valverde nor Quintana are present in these races, but that leaves the rest of the team to show off. I don't have high hopes for the Dauphine-squad, some of the finishes should be decent for Moreno, but I don't expect much. What I am intrigued about is Fernandez, always am, but always kinda disappoints me. And then there is D. Quintana.
Izagirre should be good for at least top-10 in Suisse, hopefully more, but the route isn't exactly optimal for him. Hopefully he can bag another stage win in Suisse!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Moviestar said:
Valv.Piti said:
Quintana
Valverde
D. Moreno
G. Izagirre
Castroviejo
Anacona
J. Herrada
Erviti
Rojas

That would be the strongest team with Malori out IMO. The only ones I could see being replaced would be J. Herrada and Rojas (due to Giro) by Dowsett and Oliveira. Amador could potentially do the Tour, he is a diesel and a very good rouleur, but I doubt it. Izagirre could do it, but I find it unlikely since it seems he is scheduled to get a big role in the Vuelta.

Dowsett is currently in the Pyrenees, could be in the selection. Untill now Anacona hasn't shown anything yet this season, he will have to work hard to earn his spot.
anacona has been certain of his spot this entire year. he will 100% do the tour. he's also quintana's best helper as was seen during last years tour

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
also next year this team will be getting the ecuadorian sensatio richard carapaz. can't wait to see him in wt. massive talent, that I think could become close to being a gc contender.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Moviestar said:
The team has confirmed it's pre-Tour list, with the additions of Dowsett, Oliveira and (surprisingly) Ion.

Quintana
Valverde
Moreno
Anacona
Castroviejo
Herrada.J
Izaguirre.G
Oliveira
Izaguirre.I
Erviti
Ventoso
Dowsett
just as I thoight ion izagirre and no amador here. only oliveira won't make it from this selection

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

Ryo Hazuki said:
Moviestar said:
The team has confirmed it's pre-Tour list, with the additions of Dowsett, Oliveira and (surprisingly) Ion.

Quintana
Valverde
Moreno
Anacona
Castroviejo
Herrada.J
Izaguirre.G
Oliveira
Izaguirre.I
Erviti
Ventoso
Dowsett
just as I thoight ion izagirre and no amador here. only oliveira won't make it from this selection

If you're right, Quintana's nailed to win, with his super-duper 11-man team. Are they hoping the ASO won't notice Dowsett and Ventoso if they hide them in the suitcases?

Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
my bad I also mean no dowsett and ventoso. what a team!
Damn, I really hoped for Oliveira! Nice one.

Seems like yesterday was just speculation on the part of bicicilismo. I was initially a little surprised by the rumours of Amador, I have no doubt he could do a could job as a rouleur, but I guess its best so save him for later when they have so many options. And I really don't hope they pick Ion, he will play the part solely as a domestique. Rather Poland and Vuelta, IMO.

I think these 7 are a lock:
Quintana, Valverde, Moreno, Anacona, G. Izagirre, Jesus Herrada and Erviti.

Castroviejo depends on how good he is. Lets assume he is good to go, that makes it 8.

So I think it comes down to one of Oliveira, Ventoso and Dowsett assuming Ion will prepare for a co captain role at La Vuelta, a non-climber which only role is to keep Quintana out the wind, like Erviti. 2 of those are enough considering the rouleur skills of G. Izagirre and Jesus Herrada, the spot Malori was supposed to have. Hoping for Oliveira, I think Ventoso is the best bet for his routine, Dowsett is an outsider.

Ryo Hazuki said:
Moviestar said:

Quintana
Valverde
Moreno
Anacona
Castroviejo
Herrada.J
Izaguirre.G
Oliveira
Izaguirre.I
Erviti
Ventoso
Dowsett

Why did you think so regarding Ion? I am surprised he is even in the pre-squad given the original 2016 plans.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

liamito said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Moviestar said:

Quintana
Valverde
Moreno
Anacona
Castroviejo
Herrada.J
Izaguirre.G
Oliveira
Izaguirre.I
Erviti
Ventoso
Dowsett

Why did you think so regarding Ion? I am surprised he is even in the pre-squad given the original 2016 plans.
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what were those plans?

CheckMyPecs said:
liamito said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Moviestar said:

Quintana
Valverde
Moreno
Anacona
Castroviejo
Herrada.J
Izaguirre.G
Oliveira
Izaguirre.I
Erviti
Ventoso
Dowsett

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what were those plans?

If any GT, then Vuelta.

Re:

Escarabajo said:
Ion is a stud. With a tired Valverde he could be the only one, maybe Anacona as well, that can be very close to Quintana in the mountains. So maybe, just maybe, Movistar is having second thoughts.
They have, Ion probably has as well, they wouldn't have included him on that list if they didn't. Who knows whether he preferred Spain or France, or both, but the Vuelta with this route will just be so much better. :(

Maybe it depends on how well Moreno is doing. Dauphine could potentially be the answer here.

Re:

Escarabajo said:
Ion is a stud. With a tired Valverde he could be the only one, maybe Anacona as well, that can be very close to Quintana in the mountains. So maybe, just maybe, Movistar is having second thoughts.

Apparently, Ion could be vital if Nairo really gets to wear yellow before Morzine.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

liamito said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Moviestar said:

Quintana
Valverde
Moreno
Anacona
Castroviejo
Herrada.J
Izaguirre.G
Oliveira
Izaguirre.I
Erviti
Ventoso
Dowsett

he is one of the best riders in movistar so he should go do the tour for quintana

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Valv.Piti said:
Also, was I the only one who got chill when I saw the Preselectión official? Im so hyped about this team, the Tour and Nairo its insane. :D
Exactly my feelings! :D
I really want Quintana to up his game even from 2015 form :cool:

TRENDING THREADS