• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 59 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
Escarabajo said:
Valv.Piti said:
I dont care about team classifcation and people who moan and expect Movistar to make every hilly/mountanious stage dont know anything about cycling. No chances to do anything in Carcassone and today it was much wiser to wait for tomorrow.

These 2 stages, tomorrow and Laruns Friday, are what gonna define their Tour, maybe even their year. Valverde doesnt look good, Soler doesnt look good, Amador doesnt look good, Quintana doesnt look good, Landa doesnt look good. Gonna be good.
+11111

Quintana said that they need to start hard before the other teams organize on the back tomorrow. They have 3. Sky will probably have 3. lotto-Jumbo will have 2. Sunweb could have 2. BMC 2. Astana 2. AG2R 2. Mitchelton 2.Rest 1.

Sky only have Froome and Thomas in the top 20. Bernal is in 22nd. So what exactly are they going to do? Who is actually going to do the work? Most teams have 1 rider each, AG2R is protecing Latour's white jersey as much as racing for Bardet. Steven K likely isn't going to pull much for Roglic. He'd probably rather try to go down the road and force other to chase him. BMC has no interest in the overall, nor does M-S at this point. Movistar has one injured rider (who is hopefully felling better in Landa), one rider who is no where close to any kind of form (Valverde) and Quintana who hasn't shown anything. I don't see where you get any cooperation either.

It's a grid start.. they all start at same times

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I don´t think it will be easy, but, the only chance is to detonate the peloton in the beginning... The problem is that what we see, and that is the truth, sky is stonger, the put a tempo and normaly came back from a attack, and then that rider suffers... So i just see something going right if the all leaders, at least, Valverde, in the begginning, quintana, landa, roglic, dumoulin, bardet, fulgslang, attack, and split the sly train, but the problem every year is the same... All have fear of that because theu think more in a top 10, or top 5 that in winning... Attacks they are going to Happen, let´s see if anyone starts early or wait to the last mountain, what is not going to be enough to break the sky train, because they need to take too much time from sky... Just Dumoulin can have a good day, and if thomas fails, he has to follow froome, but, let´s see... I truly am waiting to see of Thomas last until the last mountain, if froome doesn´t attack? Can he be happy with the 2nd place? Hmm....

There are some rumours around the team that Nairo will leave. According to some Spanish press Landa and Quintana were like fire on ice with each other during this Tour. With Nairo leaving, Unzue should have enough resources to resign the likes of Carapaz and Amador and also renew the contract of Soler (!).

Looking forward to the Vuelta, with Valverde already stating that both Nairo and Landa will be the leaders :D

Re:

Moviestar said:
There are some rumours around the team that Nairo will leave. According to some Spanish press Landa and Quintana were like fire on ice with each other during this Tour. With Nairo leaving, Unzue should have enough resources to resign the likes of Carapaz and Amador and also renew the contract of Soler (!).

Looking forward to the Vuelta, with Valverde already stating that both Nairo and Landa will be the leaders :D
LOL. :D

It is going to be fun!

Re:

Moviestar said:

With Valverde's comments and the fact that it is apparent that Landa and Quintana can't stand each other, I'm wondering if Valverde has also had enough of the two and is actually pushing this a bit. Valverde also made a comment today about he had fun during this Tour. I have a feeling the Vuelta is also going to be a disaster for this team.

Koronin said:
Moviestar said:

With Valverde's comments and the fact that it is apparent that Landa and Quintana can't stand each other, I'm wondering if Valverde has also had enough of the two and is actually pushing this a bit. Valverde also made a comment today about he had fun during this Tour. I have a feeling the Vuelta is also going to be a disaster for this team.
This team... jeez... I can't even :D

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
As long as Movistar are more concerned with the team GC and having 3 leaders, they will never challenge Sky.

It's either one for all or lose

It all comes down in the end if they have the legs or not. Valverde was total crap, I'm not sure what was he doing in this Tour. Landa, eternal hope never delivers. Quintana on a downward spiral and he needs to seriously get his act together soon.

Rollthedice said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
As long as Movistar are more concerned with the team GC and having 3 leaders, they will never challenge Sky.

It's either one for all or lose

It all comes down in the end if they have the legs or not. Valverde was total crap, I'm not sure what was he doing in this Tour. Landa, eternal hope never delivers. Quintana on a downward spiral and he needs to seriously get his act together soon.

Being told he was riding it and didn't want to is literally the only thing I can think of as he had made it very clear he didn't want to race it. So he showed up completely out of any kind of form, which he actually tried to tell everyone before the Tour started.

Re:

IndianCyclist said:
All three again in the Vuelta is essentially face saving tactic for the team as well as riders after the tdf debacle

Yeah, they saw it a long time coming

j6yoie29lqa11.jpg

They have no choice but to go with the three leaders for the Vuelta. At least for the Tour they had the choice. So we can stop moaning about the three leader thing for the Vuelta. And one of them will focus for the WC. Besides, is not like they need a train or derail a train from Sky. So everything is different for the Vuelta.

TRENDING THREADS