• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 120 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
`Statement From Max Kanter

This made me laugh. It is clear that the statement released has no connection with reality and was written by someone with no knowledge of recent circumstances or at least pretending that nothing happened.:rolleyes:
I think the statement is okay and not even wrong? I mean Movistar are one of the oldest and more traditionaly managed teams out there (even though there have been changes made in the last few years). Unzue and a lot of other staff has been there forever, sponsor continuity is there, and you have the typical Abarca type riders (to quote Libertine) who spend large parts or even all of their career in that structure. I think Movistar does qualify very well as a team that values human relationships. Especially when you contradict it with DSM where Kanter is coming from.

Indeed. From all the information I have gathered, Lopez definitely seems to be wrong here, not Movistar. No way anyone told him to not close that gap when it initially opened, but obviously Lopez and his Colombian camp failed to tell that. Glad hes out if hes such a little baby and cant even tell the truth about what happened.

Reactions: Koronin
Salty MAL fans. I’ve criticized Superman for his stage 20 antics, but have always personally liked him as a rider. Before stage 20, I thought he’d turned a corner, as he and Mas had coexisted as well as could be expected.

From my outside perspective and with the benefit of hindsight, it looked to me like MAL was supposed to be the 1A at the TDF and Mas was supposed to be 1A at the Vuelta- hence why MAL wore #1 at the former and Mas at the latter. When Lopez couldn’t stay upright, Mas ended up being the only GC guy at the Tour, but was undercooked heading into the race with his eye on the Vuelta, where he was on good form. On top form, Mas is at least equal to Lopez as a GC rider if not a bit better due to his consistency, and after missing out on his TDF GC challenge, Lopez wanted to ride for himself on stage 20. Problem was after following Yates, he was losing time already and took it personally that the team wasn’t going to sacrifice Mas in the process.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
This is interesting:

As for the team’s already established leaders like Valverde, the veteran racer’s objectives are going to be “set by himself,” Vila says.

“He is team’s flagship rider. He’s an example. His only aim, at 42 next year, will be to act as a mirror in which the younger racers can appreciate his fighting spirit, his meticulous professionalism and his delight in racing. Whatever he gets on the sporting front is a bonus.”

Looks to me like basically a case of "No, we haven't officially announced that he's extending, but... come on, guys! Now that he's said he wants to continue for at least one more year, you know it's gonna happen."

How many meassuring tapes do you need to meassure a rider's legs?
The answer appears to be; "Quite a few!"

249776605_6796529583698299_5800714011530658050_n.jpg

250299900_6796529560364968_1434414871022935326_n.jpg

Also, that lady has an epic style!

I just assumed cycling clothes were made of really stretchy material, so it would become fitting when riders took it on. But of course, there needs to be some pre-fitting.
Remember when they had to change Vingegaard white bodysuit for the last TT in TdF. Showing him "sitting" on a bike, aka lying aero while the fitter worked. It was way too big and he had to be up late if I remember correctly. (Which would make his TT performance the day after even more remarkable :D)

Eh, RHD? They're talking Pro victories, not World Tour victories, so they should have no trouble achieving that tally at all. Here's their list for 2021 (not including Abner González' and Jelena Erič's national titles bearing in mind they were the only pro competing in those races, or van Vleuten's Olympic time trial as it was done in a Dutch jersey not a Movistar one):

Valverde - GP Miguel Indurain
Soler - Tour de Romandie stage 3
Mas - Volta a Comunidad Valenciana stage 3
Carretero - Vuelta a Asturias stage 2
Serrano - Ruta del Sol stage 1
López - Ruta del Sol stage 3
López - Ruta del Sol GC
López - Mont Ventoux Dénivelée Challenge
Valverde - Dauphiné stage 6
Pedrero - Route d'Occitanie stage 3
Pedrero - Route d'Occitanie GC
Valverde - Giro di Sicilia stage 2
López - Vuelta stage 18

van Vleuten - Dwars door Vlaanderen
van Vleuten - Ronde van Vlaanderen
Norsgaard - GP Elsy Jacobs stage 1
Norsgaard - GP Elsy Jacobs stage 2
Norsgaard - GP Elsy Jacobs GC
van Vleuten - Setmana Valenciana stage 1
van Vleuten - Setmana Valenciana GC
van Vleuten - Emakumeen Nafarroako Klasikoa
Norsgaard - Thüringen Rundfahrt stage 1
Aalerud - Norway national TT championship
Norsgaard - Giro stage 6
van Vleuten - Clásica San Sebastián
van Vleuten - Tour of Norway stage 3
van Vleuten - Tour of Norway GC
van Vleuten - Ceratizit Challenge stage 2
van Vleuten - Ceratizit Challenge stage 3
van Vleuten - Ceratizit Challenge GC
Thomas - Tour de l'Ardêche stage 2
Thomas - Tour de l'Ardêche GC

Realistically, even if Ally Vally and Annemiek get season-ending injuries on the first race day of the season, they ought to be able to achieve the accolade pretty comfortably, even if it's picking off minor races in Spain resulting in the 1000th win being somewhat underwhelming.

Eh, RHD? They're talking Pro victories, not World Tour victories, so they should have no trouble achieving that tally at all. Here's their list for 2021 (not including Abner González' and Jelena Erič's national titles bearing in mind they were the only pro competing in those races, or van Vleuten's Olympic time trial as it was done in a Dutch jersey not a Movistar one):

Valverde - GP Miguel Indurain
Soler - Tour de Romandie stage 3
Mas - Volta a Comunidad Valenciana stage 3
Carretero - Vuelta a Asturias stage 2
Serrano - Ruta del Sol stage 1
López - Ruta del Sol stage 3
López - Ruta del Sol GC
López - Mont Ventoux Dénivelée Challenge
Valverde - Dauphiné stage 6
Pedrero - Route d'Occitanie stage 3
Pedrero - Route d'Occitanie GC
Valverde - Giro di Sicilia stage 2
López - Vuelta stage 18

van Vleuten - Dwars door Vlaanderen
van Vleuten - Ronde van Vlaanderen
Norsgaard - GP Elsy Jacobs stage 1
Norsgaard - GP Elsy Jacobs stage 2
Norsgaard - GP Elsy Jacobs GC
van Vleuten - Setmana Valenciana stage 1
van Vleuten - Setmana Valenciana GC
van Vleuten - Emakumeen Nafarroako Klasikoa
Norsgaard - Thüringen Rundfahrt stage 1
Aalerud - Norway national TT championship
Norsgaard - Giro stage 6
van Vleuten - Clásica San Sebastián
van Vleuten - Tour of Norway stage 3
van Vleuten - Tour of Norway GC
van Vleuten - Ceratizit Challenge stage 2
van Vleuten - Ceratizit Challenge stage 3
van Vleuten - Ceratizit Challenge GC
Thomas - Tour de l'Ardêche stage 2
Thomas - Tour de l'Ardêche GC

Realistically, even if Ally Vally and Annemiek get season-ending injuries on the first race day of the season, they ought to be able to achieve the accolade pretty comfortably, even if it's picking off minor races in Spain resulting in the 1000th win being somewhat underwhelming.

Ally Vally? :tearsofjoy:

• Haha

I know they had plenty of wins last year. But it was still a bit funny, given how 2020 went... of course, it his highly unlikely that this year turns out to be remotely as bad.

Though if AVV gets a season-ending injury right at the start she will probably be riding again before the TdFF, unless she loses a leg.

TRENDING THREADS