• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 126 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If he can get back to that level of 16-18, hes definitely one of the best if not the best sprinter in the world. Might be a bargain!

Question is if hes gonna ride TdF. With Valverde off the squad and only one real leader in Mas, I can see Movistar going to the Tour with both Mas and Gaviria. Should be doable, but I have no idea what the plan actually is. Im intrigued about how he will do in the classics, early on in his career I felt like he would be a big star in those races, but it hasnt really resulted in anything so far. Roubaix in theory be a great race for him.

I think he heads to the Giro and scoops up all the UCI points he can muster.

Just some stuff they posted on Social Media.
I didn't know eye checks were a part of in-team routines, thought it was something riders were just expected to take care of on their own, but I suppose making sure everyone can see is rather important in the preventing crashes department.
Is it as important as protective collarbone apparel, though?

Just some stuff they posted on Social Media.
I didn't know eye checks were a part of in-team routines, thought it was something riders were just expected to take care of on their own, but I suppose making sure everyone can see is rather important in the preventing crashes department.
Lord knows after last year Mas needs all the crash prevention he can get.

Maybe it's just my memory that is deteriorating. Top 5 in E3 is not bad...
And I am thinking you were talking about Mas for some reason. So we are both off.

But yeah, IVG had a good result there. Otherwise a bit disappointed with him so far this season, I might agree with that. He is the type of rider who is suddenly right there somewhere. Big engine. Decent sprint. Have a hard time winning though. Always someone stronger or faster, but he is good.

And I am thinking you were talking about Mas for some reason. So we are both off.

But yeah, IVG had a good result there. Otherwise a bit disappointed with him so far this season, I might agree with that. He is the type of rider who is suddenly right there somewhere. Big engine. Decent sprint. Have a hard time winning though. Always someone stronger or faster, but he is good.

I'm only laughing at the first paragraph.

He was left off the Tour team which surprised me.

I'm only laughing at the first paragraph.

He was left off the Tour team which surprised me.
I haven’t understood their TDF selection process for a couple of years now. I was surprised as well the Garcia Cortina wasn’t selected.

I also know Verona wanted to ride the Giro and is leaving, but was still keen on riding the TDF, and you don’t leave one of the best doms in the world who is strong enough to win in just about any breakaway off the team, especially in the event something happens to Mas.

Muhlburger and Guerreiro are nice enough riders who can win in occasion, but neither has shown to be anywhere near as consistent as Verona.

OK I know the Warriors of Unzue aren't the most popular team in the English/Belgian/Dutch world that this fine website draws most of it's audience, but by my count this is 2 GTs in a row where Movistar's Grand Tour lineup announcement has been completely ignored over on the front page. I mean we got TDF announcements for Uno-X and AG2R, is it too much to post just a little story about who is riding the home GT of the boys who make the unexpected happen on even the least expected day?

OK I know the Warriors of Unzue aren't the most popular team in the English/Belgian/Dutch world that this fine website draws most of it's audience, but by my count this is 2 GTs in a row where Movistar's Grand Tour lineup announcement has been completely ignored over on the front page. I mean we got TDF announcements for Uno-X and AG2R, is it too much to post just a little story about who is riding the home GT of the boys who make the unexpected happen on even the least expected day?
Unfortunately it does appear to be too much to ask. Although you'd think they would do at least a small story about who is riding for the "home" team.

Reactions: perico

They heard you.

• Haha
Reactions: Koronin and perico

They heard you.
Yeah I noticed that this morning. I was hoping that they were listening, but I doubt it had to do with my post. It's been a criticism I've had of the site really since Contador retired. I get it... this site caters to the English/Anglo followers of the sport (taxus not withstanding), but Spanish riders matter too dammit.

TRENDING THREADS