• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Sky and BC Books.

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

oldcrank said:
Maxiton said:
LaFlorecita said:
Algorithms to improve diet - what

:D Yeah, I wondered about that, too.
If an athlete is seeking to improve her diet by means of
nutritional supplements, for instance, here is an example
of an algorithm she could use, my learned friends:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3554028/figure/i1062-6050-48-1-124-f01/

Okay, that's an official algorithm, so? It basically describes the logic to be used for recommending dietary supplements. Still doesn't explain how a "new" algorithm (new logic?) might enable one to improve diet.

Maxiton said:
oldcrank said:
Maxiton said:
LaFlorecita said:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3554028/figure/i1062-6050-48-1-124-f01/

Okay, that's an official algorithm, so? It basically describes the logic to be used for recommending dietary supplements. Still doesn't explain how a "new" algorithm (new logic?) might enable one to improve diet.

That's why you need a swimming coach.

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Jacques (7 ch) said:
Maxiton said:
oldcrank said:
Maxiton said:
LaFlorecita said:

No, that's why I need an anti-aging doctor. In my day pro cyclists went to gynecologists. Nowadays it's all about anti-aging docs. And new algorithms.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Cannibal72 said:
I imagine Grandpa Chris Horner turned the peloton onto these in 2013. Looks like he needs to return to one today, to fight the dreaded lupus.
the anti-age doc trended already in the early 2000s, if not earlier.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Cannibal72 said:
Nowadays it's all about anti-aging docs.

I imagine Grandpa Chris Horner turned the peloton onto these in 2013. Looks like he needs to return to one today, to fight the dreaded lupus.

it was ferkin Rupert

even since Wendi started writing love notes to Tony and talking about his buttocks, Rupert started to feel cuckolded for the first time in his life

and he would have none of it.

so he turned to the chick out of Batman

Jacques (7 ch) said:
Maxiton said:
oldcrank said:
Maxiton said:
LaFlorecita said:

Does the algorithm work on Nutella? :rolleyes:

33k7hww.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

thehog said:
Does the algorithm work on Nutella? :rolleyes:

33k7hww.jpg
\yea, then Wiggins becomes Wigans became Twiggins became Twiggo,

and was using the enema nutrition intestine absorption liquid diet.

that my friend, is marginal gains, on a colon sized margin. anal liquid diet. no Nutella, merely scatology

when the Belgians and Flemish just had pot and pot belge and belge pot and caffeine suppositories, Brailsford and sky, saw their potbelge suppositories, raised them, showed an anal liquid diet. They bypassed the gut and upper intestine altogether. some pure marginal gains. genius by Brailsford.

this is muscular Christianity and chariots of fire and gordonstoun all in one gestalt of genius

May 14, 2010
Visit site

blackcat said:
this is muscular Christianity and chariots of fire and gordonstoun all in one gestalt of genius

Implicit tagline of Sky team, should be made the explicit tagline. Put it on a bumper sticker. Put it on the official Sky branded enema bag.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: ships

ebandit said:
sniper said:
if that sayed article is what sky's post-boner media offensive amounts to, it's rather poor, to use an understatement.

i see no sky's post-boner media offensive..................but there again nelson once quoted similar..

Mark L

Is this the first time ever Admiral Lord Nelson has featured in a forum discussion on doping?

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: ships

Hawkwood said:
ebandit said:
sniper said:
if that sayed article is what sky's post-boner media offensive amounts to, it's rather poor, to use an understatement.

i see no sky's post-boner media offensive..................but there again nelson once quoted similar..

Mark L

Is this the first time ever Admiral Lord Nelson has featured in a forum discussion on doping?

I don't know, he seems to be a suitably muscular christianity type, and the UCI's approach to doping strikingky resembles Nelson's approach to orders.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
sniper said:

Maybe they could have used the diet algorithm to gets Froome's BMI correct on his 2007 fax? :rolleyes:
:D

on a more serious note, whatever algorithm they were using in 2010, it did little to prevent the fatal events at the Vuelta that year. I don't think we've ever seen any other team in the history of cycling screw things up so tremendously on the medical front. Not even PDM.

Was good to see UKAD on top of that case spearheading the investigation into what the *** happened there. :rolleyes:

In the case of PDM 1991, it took about 6 years before that episode came under renewed scrutiny. As it happens, that retrospective scrutiny was triggered by the busting of a Dutch doping ring involving ex-pdm doc Wim Sanders. Sanders, very much a Dutch Boner kind of guy.
In 1995 the FIOD (Fiscal Inquiry and Tracing Service) traced Wim Sanders for tax-dodging of dfl 100,000 and discovered the illegal doping circuit. It appeared that not only cyclists but also bodybuilders, ice-hockey players and track-and-field athletes were involved in this doping and black money circuit.
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/results/archives/nov97/nov28a.html

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Maxiton said:
blackcat said:

Implicit tagline of Sky team, should be made the explicit tagline. Put it on a bumper sticker. Put it on the official Sky branded enema bag.

i prefer a more hygienic sky shingle colonic irrigation clinic. its the sh!t.

i endorse

This one will be awesome! Hang on?! Wasn’t this guy too sick to speak to parliament?!! :cool:

The former Team Sky doctor at the centre of the Jiffy-bag scandal has been criticised by Parliament for ­announcing a book deal that appears to cash in on the affair.

Richard Freeman’s publishers revealed this week details of the “extraordinary” book called The Line: Where Medicine and Sport Collide.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2018/06/09/former-team-sky-doctor-accused-banking-jiffy-bag-scandal-new/

I'm not sure the book is going to reveal much. The publisher doesn't even make the jiffy bag story the main focus of the book. I would imagine it will be mostly in-line with his 3 statements to Parliament that the majority of the public will not know anything about or have read anyway and so will help sell the book.

Dr Freeman will explain the importance of an holistic approach in the book: from the psychology of the rider to the importance of athlete welfare; the prevention and treatment of injuries to the importance of proper recovery, including practical tips for amateur riders. He will also give a "frank and open" account in response to allegations of misuse of medical treatment to enhance performance.

Re:

samhocking said:
I'm not sure the book is going to reveal much. The publisher doesn't even make the jiffy bag story the main focus of the book. I would imagine it will be mostly in-line with his 3 statements to Parliament that the majority of the public will not know anything about or have read anyway and so will help sell the book.

Dr Freeman will explain the importance of an holistic approach in the book: from the psychology of the rider to the importance of athlete welfare; the prevention and treatment of injuries to the importance of proper recovery, including practical tips for amateur riders. He will also give a "frank and open" account in response to allegations of misuse of medical treatment to enhance performance.

Depends if the dr feels he was thrown under the bus by Sky, it may be uncomfortable for Sky at best.

I doubt it. I can't see any logical reason why he would want to say anything different to what he's told parliamentary committee in a book. He either felt he was thrown under a bus at the time, in which case he lied to parliament, or he doesn't and a few £thousand he might earn from the book about holistic medication in sport isn't worth the repercussion and financial requirements legally if you ask me. I could be wrong, Holistic medication in sport might be next years best-selling book, but it sounds unlikely!

This pretty much confirms it btw:

The name for the book was borne out of Dr Freeman's philosophy that "patients and their coaches are given the best medical advice to ensure that they are able to reach their own inherent best performance without ever crossing the medical or sporting ethical line ... It’s never about winning at all costs".

Re:

samhocking said:
I doubt it. I can't see any logical reason why he would want to say anything different to what he's told parliamentary committee in a book. He either felt he was thrown under a bus at the time, in which case he lied to parliament, or he doesn't and a few £thousand he might earn from the book about holistic medication in sport isn't worth the repercussion and financial requirements legally if you ask me. I could be wrong, Holistic medication in sport might be next years best-selling book, but it sounds unlikely!

The name for the book was borne out of Dr Freeman's philosophy that "patients and their coaches are given the best medical advice to ensure that they are able to reach their own inherent best performance without ever crossing the medical or sporting ethical line ... It’s never about winning at all costs".

first class...black remains white in the world of Syed, SDB and now Freeman is joining the party

despite being shown to have done things others wouldn't to...eh....win

he writes a book extolling the virtues of....eh...not

oh...well...a fool and his money and all that....

gillan1969 said:
samhocking said:

first class...black remains white in the world of Syed, SDB and now Freeman is joining the party

despite being shown to have done things others wouldn't to...eh....win

he writes a book extolling the virtues of....eh...not

oh...well...a fool and his money and all that....

A TUE and a supply of Corticosteroids is hardly winning at all costs. Every team doctor will have applied for a TUE at some point to keep a rider in the race or able to start a race and every team doctor will have a stock of corticosteroids because they are legal anyway so long as not in-competition without a TUE.

Once Collins finishes dismantling Facebook he’ll hopefully get this joker Freeman into Parliament for questioning :confused:

It is disappointing that Richard Freeman wants to tell his story, rather than be questioned about it in front of the committee,” said Damian Collins, chairman of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee that conducted the inquiry into doping in sport, and is carrying out another into sports ­governance. “We will take a close ­interest in anything he says which is ­related to our inquiry and report.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2018/06/09/former-team-sky-doctor-accused-banking-jiffy-bag-scandal-new/