• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Sky Live Chat

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Barrus said:
They are not in the official press release by RCS sport
I will try to find out. Will try to find out how any unanswered questions they had tonight as well :D

The Hitch said:
After Bailsford said Löfkvist would be the leader in the Giro, i suggested that he should go for Uran instead but they didnt select the question i guess.

lol brilliant.

I think Uran is all set for the Tour and after last year I doubt they would want any of their leaders for the Tour ride the Giro as preparation since it will be so hard.

ingsve said:
I think Uran is all set for the Tour and after last year I doubt they would want any of their leaders for the Tour ride the Giro as preparation since it will be so hard.

I feel Uran should not be used just as a domestique. he should be given a gt to go for as a leader. At the Tour he would only be used as a helper for Wiggins.

He can do a VIno last year. Do the Giro then rest and be domestique for Wiggins at the Tour.

The Hitch said:
I feel Uran should not be used just as a domestique. he should be given a gt to go for as a leader. At the Tour he would only be used as a helper for Wiggins.
Would he? If Uran turns out to be the strongest, which is quite likely, I'm sure they will support him instead. The question is only when they will realize this if this is the case, so hopefully Uran won't have lost too many minutes in order to aid Bradley Wiggins before the team leaders face the fact that Uran is the one to go for...

A

Anonymous

Full transcript of all the Q&A in order.

Over 1000 questions asked in an hour. Sky are a little stunned.

Credit to them though. First time ive seen a team do something like that. Im sure there are those who would have loved tough questions to be asked and answered but its early days. Certainly looks like they will do it again.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Full transcript of all the Q&A in order.

Over 1000 questions asked in an hour. Sky are a little stunned.

Credit to them though. First time ive seen a team do something like that. Im sure there are those who would have loved tough questions to be asked and answered but its early days. Certainly looks like they will do it again.

They answered 3 of my questions! I'm totally starstruck now!
It's actually very nice to see a team that pays that much attention to fans, I think I'll start cheering for them from now on :D

A

Anonymous

I think alex reading his answers back may have his eye on a certain track female. ;D

Other interesting snippit, Steven de Jongh said that Stybar will be excellent on the road. Bearing in mind he is very good freinds with stybar i would say that confirms that he will probably be making the switch.

A

Anonymous

Should be fun. Im a bit short of questions for Hunt and Kennaugh though.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
&quot said:
Question for Dave - You say that the for the riders to perform best they need to be given all everything they need to be at the top of their ability. Do you agree that they do not need their Team Principal telling the media that Team Sky will win the Tour De France with a British Rider. Surely this just puts far too much pressure on the riders?

&quot said:
Hi AntiTeamSky actually there's a big difference between setting an aspirational goal as against telling the riders that this is what they have to do. With the riders the approach we take is to encourage them to be the best that they can be, as they are ultimately in control of this.

It's an approach that has worked very successfully with the British team and one which we firmly believe in. P.S. What would it take to make you pro Team Sky? What about a day at a race with us?

Smooth workings from Brailsford

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
4:36 [Comment From Michielveedeebee : ]
What will be the goals for Peter this year? Will it be about gaining some more climbing experience or will it be about getting results in weeklong stage races and GT's?

4:37 Pete Kennaugh: Firstly it's about gaining not just climbing experience but experiencing stage races generally and hopefully finishing a Grand Tour.

i've got the Vuelta on my program this year.

Ill be very interested to see how Kennaugh does at that Vuelta. Theres a slight chance he can turn into a gc guy in the future, and i hope he does.

He might be a bit young though. 22 when he does it. Even if he does only the first week, theres Sierra Nevada on stage 4.

The Hitch said:
Ill be very interested to see how Kennaugh does at that Vuelta. Theres a slight chance he can turn into a gc guy in the future, and i hope he does.

He might be a bit young though. 22 when he does it. Even if he does only the first week, theres Sierra Nevada on stage 4.

I think it's not only that, but he also looks like he will be a late developer. Compare him at 22 to (eg) Schlecklet and Schlecklet seems much more developed physically. PK still looks like he is 17.