• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Tinkoff-SaxoBank -What happens next?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I thought Oleg wanted De Jongh demoted and that is why there was the big spat with Bjarne. The current formation seems as if it will at least cause less impact then bringing in a new guy who would want to change things in April with the Giro coming up in May!

It's only a matter of time until Oleg has his next fit and someone else is dispatched.....jerk.

Re: Re:

Electress said:
Carols said:
infeXio said:
L'Equipe, unsurprisingly, reporting that Saxo Bank will cease to sponsor the team come the end of this season;
http://sporten.tv2.dk/cykling/2015-04-0 ... til-tinkov

Yep we all knew that was coming......

Yep. I see big changes next season. I think AC will do his level best to go too.

He already signed for next year so i don't think it's that easy for him to leave. And why change team for his last season anyway? He has still good support (teammates) for him anyway

sulgpallur said:
Electress said:
Carols said:
infeXio said:
L'Equipe, unsurprisingly, reporting that Saxo Bank will cease to sponsor the team come the end of this season;
http://sporten.tv2.dk/cykling/2015-04-0 ... til-tinkov

Yep we all knew that was coming......

Yep. I see big changes next season. I think AC will do his level best to go too.

He already signed for next year so i don't think it's that easy for him to leave. And why change team for his last season anyway? He has still good support (teammates) for him anyway

Why leave? To get away from that maniac Oleg of course. I'm sure all his legal options to break the contract are being checked. He can always take his best mates with him, it's been done before :).

Carols said:
sulgpallur said:

Why leave? To get away from that maniac Oleg of course. I'm sure all his legal options to break the contract are being checked. He can always take his best mates with him, it's been done before :).

Ye, he can probably take Paulinho, Hernandez with him, but not hole team who has given him good support over the years (Example Majka, Rogers, Basso, Kreuziger, Tossato, Bennati, Valgren, ...). Also he has worked well with de Jongh.

It's unlikely some other team will buy him out of contract just for one year. And where would he go? Back to Astana? Sky? Etixx, Trek, Alonso team ...?

sulgpallur said:
Carols said:
sulgpallur said:

Ye, he can probably take Paulinho, Hernandez with him, but not hole team who has given him good support over the years (Example Majka, Rogers, Basso, Kreuziger, Tossato, Bennati, Valgren, ...). Also he has worked well with de Jongh.

It's unlikely some other team will buy him out of contract just for one year. And where would he go? Back to Astana? Sky? Etixx, Trek, Alonso team ...?

If he achieves what he wants to achieve this year, how about go off and "live life"? Shame, because I'd love to see him have a crazy glorious final year charging around Europe…we'll have to see.

Re:

TMP402 said:
Surely the idea that Alonso will get into cycling while Contador is still active must be considered a fringe conspiracy theory.
AC has ridden with teams that were much hostile, or facing controversies. He has all the knowledge needed to face the season that is coming and to be honest , the change in management does not touch him directly. So he is ahead of the game compared to what he faced in the past .. I don't see him adding complication by making changes that won't be needed.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/oleg-tinkov/oleg-tinkov-blog-i-think-im-a-good-substitution-for-bjarne-riis

Tinkov talks...

I think people have now understood why he left the team. He didn’t actually do much. His role was to sit in the team car, decide tactics and give orders to the riders, to motivate them. He was not involved in the preparation of the riders and in the training. He was not involved in the management of the team either. That’s what I wanted him to do but he didn’t do it. That’s one of the reasons why we separated.

He was the owner when I bought the team but we ended up with two owners. But he was the ex-owner and had no specific role in the team for 18 months. That’s why I had to stop it. He was too expensive for doing nothing. I realised we didn’t need him. He hasn’t been in the team for two months now but things are okay. When you take somebody out and nothing changes, it means that they weren’t needed there. I do the same thing in my business.

Now I’ll be in the team car. I don’t think it will be easier for the riders. I don’t think I’ve got less charisma than Bjarne. I think I’m an okay substitute for him. I won’t be involved in race tactics, I won’t pick up the radio, that’s up to the sports directors. But being in the car will create pressure on the riders to perform. I think the more pressure there is on the riders, the better their results will be. They’re in the business to be under pressure. Like Lionel Messi was in the Champion’s League football match. He was under pressure and so scored twice and Barcelona won.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

mrhender said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/oleg-tinkov/oleg-tinkov-blog-i-think-im-a-good-substitution-for-bjarne-riis

Tinkov talks...

I think people have now understood why he left the team. He didn’t actually do much. His role was to sit in the team car, decide tactics and give orders to the riders, to motivate them. He was not involved in the preparation of the riders and in the training. He was not involved in the management of the team either. That’s what I wanted him to do but he didn’t do it. That’s one of the reasons why we separated.

He was the owner when I bought the team but we ended up with two owners. But he was the ex-owner and had no specific role in the team for 18 months. That’s why I had to stop it. He was too expensive for doing nothing. I realised we didn’t need him. He hasn’t been in the team for two months now but things are okay. When you take somebody out and nothing changes, it means that they weren’t needed there. I do the same thing in my business.

Now I’ll be in the team car. I don’t think it will be easier for the riders. I don’t think I’ve got less charisma than Bjarne. I think I’m an okay substitute for him. I won’t be involved in race tactics, I won’t pick up the radio, that’s up to the sports directors. But being in the car will create pressure on the riders to perform. I think the more pressure there is on the riders, the better their results will be. They’re in the business to be under pressure. Like Lionel Messi was in the Champion’s League football match. He was under pressure and so scored twice and Barcelona won.

sounded to me that Oleg didn't create a job description for him to follow. You know expectation. He used to be an owner, so someone gotta tell him, here's your "New" job description and here's what I expected from you.

Tinkov in the car, like a bandwagon manager, while his men are riding cycles dressed in the funny clothes.... That's a circus image!
He's heard there are people calling him a clown, but his vanity couldn't let him to be one... He's got to be in the charge!

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
What an ego maniac. My prediction; If they lose the Giro it'll be the DS's fault. If they win it'll be because he's in he car. Other than having lots of money, what qualifies him to be in the team car in a seat other than VIP?