• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams want independent investigation of UCI

https://twitter.com/mattslaterbbc

714c275bdb675013729a594721583ea2.png

5a22d01b81e2964c7ce9df287d3d57c9.png

1a575d2cd93b3c41afdbd225867575b8.png

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the teams need (and probably want) to get to a point where there's enough trust in the system that they're not always thinking "well, most of us have levelled the playing field but those other bar stewards have started doping again, so now we have to too"

Is the mutiny really about wanting clean cycling or cynical opportunism by teams who want to enrich themselves. Remember Vaughters Garmin friendly proposals for cycling - lots of TTTs and helmet cameras.

Replacing one bunch of self-serving showponies with another bunch of self-serving showponies is not progress.

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Pat, Hein and everybody else at the UCI firmly believe that their little theatre yesterday was good enough, that it satisfied all of the cries for change and that they can get back to business as usual, today.

I confess, after 40 years of following cycling I think I have pretty much hit the wall.

I honestly see little chance that anything will change.

Time to go back to just watching the local juniors race their bikes.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
Is the mutiny really about wanting clean cycling or cynical opportunism by teams who want to enrich themselves. Remember Vaughters Garmin friendly proposals for cycling - lots of TTTs and helmet cameras.

Replacing one bunch of self-serving showponies with another bunch of self-serving showponies is not progress.

I'm all for looking at things critically, but there's criticizing just for the sake of criticizing, which seems to be the case here? How is calling for an independent investigation of the UCI's policies WRT doping a bad thing? What would you suggest as an alternative?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
If ever there was a time to set up a breakaway 'league' now is the time and McQuaid had better resign before that starts to snowball and UCI becomes irrelevant in cycling.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
I'm sceptical about pro teams working seriously for total transparency when so many of them are dirty. I don't see Astana cooperating closely with FDJ for example.

hahaha. you and your fairytales

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:

lol, many fo you are so full of it. if teams wouldn't have asked for an idependant investigation you go rampant on them and when the do it's stil not good :rolleyes: I guess if next they cure aids and cancer you will find ways to turn it in something bad