• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tennis is ridiculous

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Murray,Nadal, and Djokovic are obviously doping.
The first two put on 5 kilos of pure muscle in a single off-season (2 months at the most in tennis), without losing any speed.
Djokovic improved his stamina dramatically and no matter how much I'd like to believe (as I'm Serbian) that this is due to his gluten-free diet, I cannot.
I didn't buy it with Vandevelde, and I won't buy it with Djokovic.
Federer's style of play leaves room for doubt whether he's doping or not, as his game is not as physical as those of the other top 4. He might even be 100% clean these days, though I doubt that was the case 5-6 years ago, when he was playing 90 matches in a season.
All that said, I still feel a clean athlete has a much better shot at winning a tennis tournament than a clean cyclist winning a GT.
So much in tennis is about technique and brain, just remember Marcelo Rios and Fabrice Santor, or Dolgopolov these days.
Cycling-you either have it in the legs and lungs or you don't.

Abstainer said:
In reality, heavier rackets mean faster shots!

No heavier rackets mean more control. I spent a few months researching this when deciding whether to go for Murrays 290g head, Roddicks 300g Babolat Pure Drive (though the pure Drive Roddick is 310g) or some 330g Wilson.

Went for the Pure Drive which is known as a power racket but weighs only 300g.

the same thing is said on the internet .Eg

Advanced players prefer heavier frames with lower power ratings that favor control and shot placement
http://www.doittennis.com/buyers-guides/racquetfaq.php

Control rackets are heavier

http://www.active.com/tennis/Articles/Choosing_a_Racket__Power_vs__Control.htm

etc.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Zoncolan said:
Murray,Nadal, and Djokovic are obviously doping.
The first two put on 5 kilos of pure muscle in a single off-season (2 months at the most in tennis), without losing any speed.
Djokovic improved his stamina dramatically and no matter how much I'd like to believe (as I'm Serbian) that this is due to his gluten-free diet, I cannot.
I didn't buy it with Vandevelde, and I won't buy it with Djokovic.
Federer's style of play leaves room for doubt whether he's doping or not, as his game is not as physical as those of the other top 4. He might even be 100% clean these days, though I doubt that was the case 5-6 years ago, when he was playing 90 matches in a season.
All that said, I still feel a clean athlete has a much better shot at winning a tennis tournament than a clean cyclist winning a GT.
So much in tennis is about technique and brain, just remember Marcelo Rios and Fabrice Santor, or Dolgopolov these days.
Cycling-you either have it in the legs and lungs or you don't.

santoro? that's one I'd suspect of blood doping. his game was all about fitness.

better take Cedric Pioline as an example that even the best technician will not win much if he's not properly 'prepared'.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
This is funny: http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.com/2012/02/doping-control-2009-rotterdam.html

Rotterdam2009.jpg

Look at who was tested. Basically just the losers, and no one after the 2nd round.

2009 US Open: http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.com/2012/01/doping-control-2009-us-open-qualifying.html

2009 Wimbledon: http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.com/2012/01/doping-control-2009-wimbledon.html

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
sniper said:
santoro? that's one I'd suspect of blood doping. his game was all about fitness.

better take Cedric Pioline as an example that even the best technician will not win much if he's not properly 'prepared'.

FYI, Santoro is the only player I know of who has explicitly said that there is doping in tennis, hinting very heavily at Nadal. This was on a French television programme.

I've watched a lot of Santoro and while he did a lot of running in his matches, he got tired! It is the players like Nadal and Djokovic who play 5 hours and then come back fresh as a daisy two days later that set the alarm bells off.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Abstainer said:
I've watched a lot of Santoro and while he did a lot of running in his matches, he got tired! It is the players like Nadal and Djokovic who play 5 hours and then come back fresh as a daisy two days later that set the alarm bells off.

We're in total agreement here. Nadal, Djoper and Murray don't just blooddope, they're also clearly using steroids. The whole package, I reckon.

Abstainer said:
FYI, Santoro is the only player I know of who has explicitly said that there is doping in tennis, hinting very heavily at Nadal. This was on a French television programme.

that's interesting, didn't know.
but hey, the french are just jealous anyway;)

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
A quote from Santoro:

Of course some are. Like in every sport where there's much money at stake. It's obvious and very unpleasant to see a doper facing you and you think I trained 3 or 4 hours a day, I made the maximum to prepare my match and he seems to have 4 lungs, he doesn't even breathe and eventually defeats me but you can't say anything because you don't have proof.

http://www.welovetennis.fr/video-te...ier-federer-est-n1-en-etant-totalement-propre

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Zoncolan said:
Have you ever watched him play Safin?
Safin-a guy with some of the biggest groundstrokes in the history of the game.
Santoro-the magician. Played Safin like a fiddle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wcwtbr2TLI
Nothing physical about Santoro's game.

I meant his extraordinary lung-capacity (chasing impossible balls) and the fact that he remained fit at such an advanced age, as factors which could arouse suspicion.
Of course there is nothing suspicious about his (non-existent) muscularity or body structure. And indeed, he did have technique. Although personally I'm not a fan of double-handed back- AND forehands (from an aesthetic point of view, I mean).

Abstainer said:
A quote from Santoro:

Of course some are. Like in every sport where there's much money at stake. It's obvious and very unpleasant to see a doper facing you and you think I trained 3 or 4 hours a day, I made the maximum to prepare my match and he seems to have 4 lungs, he doesn't even breathe and eventually defeats me but you can't say anything because you don't have proof.

http://www.welovetennis.fr/video-te...ier-federer-est-n1-en-etant-totalement-propre

Thanks. Admittedly, that very much sounds like a comment from a genuinely clean guy.

May 6, 2011
Visit site
goggalor said:
Look at who was tested. Basically just the losers, and no one after the 2nd round. [/url]

That's not quite right - if I remember rightly, Murray won that tournament, beating Rafa in the final. And they were both tested on the 9th (after participation in the doubles presumably).

The Hitch said:
Regarding Federes physicality it should be pointed out that he uses a way heavier racket.

Nadals Aero pro drive is 300g. Federers Wilson K Factor is 350g.

Heavier racket means slower shots. His serve is usually above 210 but with a Nadal racket that would be closer to 230 which is quite fast and he maintains that through 5 set matches easy.

Hitch, the racquets they are using are not likely stock such that you could purchase. In fact the only thing that might be similar to your racquet is often the paint job or graphics design. Almost all of the top pros and you can be sure of the top 4 will have very significant custom modifications made to their racquets. Generally they are heavier than what is listed as spec. and often reinforced to take the abuse that only they can deliver. Many times a pro is very reluctant to change his racquet design and yet if the sponsoring company can't produce new and improved models, they don't sell many racquests so often the pro continues to play with the old model but with the graphics of the newest latest greatest model that the company is marketing. I've even seen pros take on a new racquet sponsor but keep playing with their old racquet because they can't win with the new company's racquet and so they just have the old racquet painted to look like the new company's and often it is very obvious.

robow7 said:
I've even seen pros take on a new racquet sponsor but keep playing with their old racquet because they can't win with the new company's racquet and so they just have the old racquet painted to look like the new company's and often it is very obvious.

I remember the rumours of Nadal doing that with the Aero drive released in 2009.

Yea, one of my closest friends travels the circuit stringing for many of the pros and sees this often. Of course the top few guys have their own full time personal stringer that travels with them but many or most can't afford that luxury.

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Tennis journalists break Omerta.

http://www.tennis-prose.com/bios/has-nadal-run-afoul-of-the-doping-laws/

Finally tennis journalists say some of the same things that have been said for years on "tennishasasteroidsproblem". Note that some of the "commenters", are in fact tennis "insiders", who are quite good players themselves, and have friends that are/were tennis tour pros. These guys would be better than most to recognize suspicious performances. Here are some of the quotes :

"And this year, a former player I talked to, said he was stunned watching the Australian Open fifth set, where at 4-all in games, during the first point of the next game, Nadal and Djokovic engaged in a long, physical rally that left Djokovic on one knee, heaving for breath afterward. Nadal, this player said, walked up to the line to serve the next point, barely breathing."

"Several players have said we would never hear about it if a major star tested positive as it would cost the tour tons of money if the top star had to be suspended. Google “operation puerto” about the Spanish athletes and doping. Also, did you know that the socer star Lionel Messi supposedly had some kind of childhood condition that a doctor ordered Messi needed to take I believe it was HGH as a kid all through his childhood? I read this last year in a soccer mag and was astounded to read it. Maybe this is a reason why Messi became such a superhuman player? Are there any Messi Frankensteins in other sports too? Intriguing subject."

"No one said we’re the cleanest, but Nadal does bend the imagination. Who goes in for an MRI the day before the tournament begins and then plays like he’s a total warrior. He looked stronger than Djokovic physically and that wasn’t the case last year in Miami or at the US Open."

"I admire his game and his ability to turn “garbage” into miracles on the court (running down balls no one has ever run down in the history of the sport, and doing something incredible with the ball). Rios did this but not by running down balls – he did it through his knowledge of the game and how it could be played, not just by retrieving (I think Rios was more innovative – a la Federer). "

"There are a lot of things that make me suspicious of Nadal. He continues to look mediocre in warmup grasscourt and hardcourt tournaments and then transforms into a beast in majors. Just look at his statistics in non clay tournaments since June 2010 after he had his PRP treatments:
Hardcourt/Grasscourt Grand Slam finals made, June 2010 to the present:
Nadal: 5
Djokovic: 5
Murray: 2
Federer: 0
Hardcourt/Grasscourt finals made in all other tournaments, June 2010 to the present:
Federer: 13
Murray: 9
Djokovic: 7
Isn’t interesting how the result are completely reversed from Slams to all remaining tournaments? Nadal has looked very mediocre at Queens, Canada, Cincinnati, and Doha the last 3 seasons, yet had it not been for a change in diet, he would have won 5 of the last 6 non clay court Slams.
"

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Andynonomous said:
http://www.tennis-prose.com/bios/has-nadal-run-afoul-of-the-doping-laws/

Finally tennis journalists say some of the same things that have been said for years on "tennishasasteroidsproblem". Note that some of the "commenters", are in fact tennis "insiders", who are quite good players themselves, and have friends that are/were tennis tour pros. These guys would be better than most to recognize suspicious performances. Here are some of the quotes :

"And this year, a former player I talked to, said he was stunned watching the Australian Open fifth set, where at 4-all in games, during the first point of the next game, Nadal and Djokovic engaged in a long, physical rally that left Djokovic on one knee, heaving for breath afterward. Nadal, this player said, walked up to the line to serve the next point, barely breathing."

"Several players have said we would never hear about it if a major star tested positive as it would cost the tour tons of money if the top star had to be suspended. Google “operation puerto” about the Spanish athletes and doping. Also, did you know that the socer star Lionel Messi supposedly had some kind of childhood condition that a doctor ordered Messi needed to take I believe it was HGH as a kid all through his childhood? I read this last year in a soccer mag and was astounded to read it. Maybe this is a reason why Messi became such a superhuman player? Are there any Messi Frankensteins in other sports too? Intriguing subject."

"No one said we’re the cleanest, but Nadal does bend the imagination. Who goes in for an MRI the day before the tournament begins and then plays like he’s a total warrior. He looked stronger than Djokovic physically and that wasn’t the case last year in Miami or at the US Open."

"I admire his game and his ability to turn “garbage” into miracles on the court (running down balls no one has ever run down in the history of the sport, and doing something incredible with the ball). Rios did this but not by running down balls – he did it through his knowledge of the game and how it could be played, not just by retrieving (I think Rios was more innovative – a la Federer). "

"There are a lot of things that make me suspicious of Nadal. He continues to look mediocre in warmup grasscourt and hardcourt tournaments and then transforms into a beast in majors. Just look at his statistics in non clay tournaments since June 2010 after he had his PRP treatments:
Hardcourt/Grasscourt Grand Slam finals made, June 2010 to the present:
Djokovic: 5
Murray: 2
Federer: 0
Hardcourt/Grasscourt finals made in all other tournaments, June 2010 to the present:
Federer: 13
Murray: 9
Djokovic: 7
Isn’t interesting how the result are completely reversed from Slams to all remaining tournaments? Nadal has looked very mediocre at Queens, Canada, Cincinnati, and Doha the last 3 seasons, yet had it not been for a change in diet, he would have won 5 of the last 6 non clay court Slams.
"

excellent comments. i do hope nadal gets exposed. he's not only the worst tennis player of the current top four, he's also the least sympathetic.
what they say about Messi is absolutely spot on. a football frankenstein. and it's not being questioned by nobody, even though its publicly known he grew up with HGH
perhaps you can invite those guys over to the clinic?
wait till they hear about Xavi doing HGH for breakfast.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
sniper said:
excellent comments. i do hope nadal gets exposed. he's not only the worst tennis player of the current top four, he's also the least sympathetic.
what they say about Messi is absolutely spot on. a football frankenstein. and it's not being questioned by nobody, even though its publicly known he grew up with HGH
perhaps you can invite those guys over to the clinic?
wait till they hear about Xavi doing HGH for breakfast.

Nadal is constantly making these ridiculous comments about it being crazy he's been OOC'd twice a year and some crazy stuff like that - makes you sick. To think cycling pays through the nose to get treated like dirt, while richer sports like football and tennis get away free.

Tennis is a sport where doping can be a big help, although I think that the technical and mental aspects shouldn't be forgotten. Look at Djokovic Tsonga an Roland Garros. That was won mentally. And the physical game was the most important thing I think Gaël Monfils would have won a couple of slams by now

Red Rick said:
Tennis is a sport where doping can be a big help, although I think that the technical and mental aspects shouldn't be forgotten. Look at Djokovic Tsonga an Roland Garros. That was won mentally. And the physical game was the most important thing I think Gaël Monfils would have won a couple of slams by now

Re that match tsonga actually said that djoker won.it physically. His words were that djokovic was still hitting as hard and running as fast at the end as he was in the beginning and that this is why djokovic.is the best

The Hitch said:
Re that match tsonga actually said that djoker won.it physically. His words were that djokovic was still hitting as hard and running as fast at the end as he was in the beginning and that this is why djokovic.is the best

Playing your best tennis at matchpoint down 4 times has very little to do with physical abilities. I agree the 5th set was won physical however

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Red Rick said:
Playing your best tennis at matchpoint down 4 times has very little to do with physical abilities. I agree the 5th set was won physical however

actually the missed matchpoints may have had quite a bit to do with physical strength / stamina (or the lack of it).
tsonga knew that these matchpoints were going to be his only chance. he knew he'd never survive a fifth set against djoker, for physical reasons. so the mental pressure was additionally high.
and that is just one example of how closely physical and mental strength correlate.

TRENDING THREADS