Tennis

Page 119 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
blackcat said:
does anyone know how Benotti got such a large avatar? Are you avatar doping Benotti? Or did you buy off the mods. Get the NSA to rig the forum function codez and alliterationz
Avatar size is directly in proportion to the size of one's lunchbox, IQ and MCE :D
#priapus avatar.


still avatar doping.
 
May 14, 2010
5,306
2
0
Re: Re:

blackcat said:
Maxiton said:
Raymond Moore, CEO of Indian Wells tennis tournament, on women's tennis:

. . . "they ride on the coatails of the men. They don't make any decisions and they are lucky. They are very, very lucky. If I was a lady player, I would go down on my knees every night" . . . .

Very attracive, Raymond.

#SexismDoping

#RepressedSexualityDoping
#lookslikeMalcolmMcDowell #alliterationz

He do indeed. :D Although it sounds like he'd have been well served by a bit of the old in-out.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
Re: Re:

Maxiton said:
blackcat said:
Maxiton said:
Raymond Moore, CEO of Indian Wells tennis tournament, on women's tennis:

. . . "they ride on the coatails of the men. They don't make any decisions and they are lucky. They are very, very lucky. If I was a lady player, I would go down on my knees every night" . . . .

Very attracive, Raymond.

#SexismDoping

#RepressedSexualityDoping
#lookslikeMalcolmMcDowell #alliterationz

He do indeed. :D Although it sounds like he'd have been well served by a bit of the old in-out.
they cast cheech or chong in the wrong film there, did anyone tell him, not #UpInSmoke but #Clockwork
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
coach of Robin Haase (highest ranked Dutch tennis player for years now) has been arrested in connection to the murder of businessman Koen Everink. Koen Everink in turn was a good friend of Robin Haase and travelled with him to tournaments.

I'm not following this story closely at all, but i'm guessing match fixing could be playing a role in the background?

Either way, tennis is clean of course.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Robin Haase's coach (Mark de J.) who just got arrested today in relation to the murder of Everink, is a 29 year old dude.
What tha *** is he doing coaching Robin Haase?
Here's a nice vid, watch it from 0:58 onwards.
Haase is being asked by a reporter why he's decided to take this 29 year old dude (Mark de J.) on board as a coach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-UwGnUdhyo
Indeed, mouth full of teeth, stutter stutter.
That's the 'answers' you get when you can't utter the d-word.

As for match fixing, Robin Haase himself he's on the record in 2014 saying "I'm sure there's match fixing in tennis".
However, recently when the match fixing stuff hit the news, he was asked again, but this time he suddenly tows the omerta party line saying it's all "just rumors, a bad story, I want to see some evidence first", etc.
 
Jun 21, 2015
377
0
0
"Roger Federer wants doping crackdown in wake of Maria Sharapova failing test"

I’ve been in Dubai for 10 years now and I’ve been tested once in 10 years – that’s not OK for me. I get tested more in Switzerland because a tester lives in my village. He comes and sees me the day after my surgery and a week later.
In Dubai they’ve come once because of the Asian games. I’d like it to be the same way and fair. Tennis is doing more and more. It was disappointing to say the least.
Asked if there was a drug problem in tennis, Federer said: “I don’t think so. Maybe I am naive in the fact that I believe athletes, I trust what they are doing. Clearly, when they get caught you turn because you are like: ‘I can’t believe that they tried to do that.’
I don’t think there is a major problem, all I can talk about is myself. I quadruple check anything I take. I don’t want to take any chances whatsoever.”
It's good that he calls tennis out for not testing him enough (yet again). Federer spends 2 months a year in Dubai, and one test in 10 years is insane for someone of his stature, but it's disappointing that he's parroting the party line that there's no problem in tennis. I know he's expected/pressurized to shill for the sport, but still :(

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/mar/25/roger-federer-doping-crackdown-maria-sharapova-drug-test-miami-open
 
Re:

sniper said:
[Edited because original post was edited and I didn't want to leave this quote intact, for obvious reasons]

Now, Robin Haase's coach (Mark de J.) who just got arrested today in relation to the murder of Everink, is a 29 year old dude.
What tha **** is he doing coaching Robin Haase?
Here's a nice vid, watch it from 0:58 onwards.
Haase is being asked by a reporter why he's decided to take this 29 year old dude (Mark de J.) on board as a coach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-UwGnUdhyo
Indeed, mouth full of teeth, stutter stutter.
That's the 'answers' you get when you can't utter the d-word.

As for match fixing, Robin Haase himself he's on the record in 2014 saying "I'm sure there's match fixing in tennis".
However, recently when the match fixing stuff hit the news, he was asked again, but this time he suddenly tows the omerta party line saying it's all "just rumors, a bad story, I want to see some evidence first", etc.

**** me what a sick business.
[Edited because original post was finally edited also. Explanation of who Koen Everink was, I have kept, so that is noted who and what he was]

FYI. Koen Everink was the owner and of the travel organization 'Eliza was here". He made and built that company and then sold it for good money to live prosperously of those proceeds. Koen Everink didn't need any money from match fixing or anything like that. The only run in he ever had with law enforcement was when Badr Hari (a well known Dutch kick boxer) decided to break his leg and ankle in three places when Koen made a smart Alec remark bout Badr's girl friend Estelle Cruyff at Sensation White (goo look up the video). It took him well over 3 years to recover from that if at all (his leg would never function very well again and he couldn't play football and tennis anymore), but having enough money for early retirement he decided to travel with some of tennis friends to big tournaments just to be away from the Netherlands, where he would now always be the guy who got beaten up by Badr Hari.

[Edited for the same reasons]
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Re: Re:

GJB123 said:
...
Shame on you!!
fool me once shame on you!
...a story ...
what story? tell me, i'm curious. As always, u'r reading stuff between the lines that isn't there. Conspiracy thinking much?

For ow we have no motive and no idea if and why Mark de J. killed him, but you have your conspiracy theory at hand.
what theory? :confused: Again, the only one thinking in terms of 'conspiracy' is you.
You're putting a lot of additional thoughts, claims and theories in my mouth that I haven't expressed.
You sure seem fond of the conspiracy angle.
 
Re: Re:

sniper said:
GJB123 said:
...
Shame on you!!
fool me once shame on you!
...a story ...
what story? tell me, i'm curious. As always, u'r reading stuff between the lines that isn't there. Conspiracy thinking much?

For ow we have no motive and no idea if and why Mark de J. killed him, but you have your conspiracy theory at hand.
what theory? :confused: Again, the only one thinking in terms of 'conspiracy' is you.
You're putting a lot of additional thoughts, claims and theories in my mouth that I haven't expressed.
You sure seem fond of the conspiracy angle.
[Edited because original post by sniper has finally been edited also]
 
Jun 21, 2015
377
0
0
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Re:

arcus said:
ITF president David Haggerty: "Tennis is a clean sport".

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/story/_/id/15064908/itf-president-david-haggerty-maintains-tennis-clean-sport
We want to make sure that every single consumer and spectator believes that tennis is a clean sport, because it is.
He sounds just like Seb Coe... Talking about wanting to make people "believe" a sport is clean, as opposed to acknowledging there's an issue, and focusing on trying to fix it.
"Because it is"...............yes that is so convincing.
 
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
GJB123 said:
@ sniper, do you mind providing a link that Everink had issues with Justice before as you continue to claim?
I don't see any reason to continue this rhetoric, sniper has edited his comment that made this insinuation.
Yes, finally it has been edited and therefore I have edited al my posts to remove any link to the disputed part of sniper's original post. No need to keep that part in any way alive on these boards. Thanks for intervening!
 
Jan 30, 2016
1,048
0
0
Interesting new facts from AD and pokernews.
http://nl.pokernews.com/nieuws/2016/03/moord-koen-everink-om-pokerschuld-van-80000-23926.htm
http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/38261/Nieuws/article/detail/4271103/2016/03/27/Mark-de-J-had-gokschulden-ook-bij-Koen-Everink.dhtml

Mark de J had a gambling addiction. He played different games in casinos and also poker with friends from the tennis scene. Mark also played alot of poker online. It is hard to say how much money he lost in live games but I suspect the 80.000 to Evrink is part of it. Pokernews found out his Pokerstars nick and looked up the data. He lost a minimum of 62.000. The question is where did he get all that money from.

AD also found out that Mark wanted to swap money from e-wallets to pokerstars. E-wallets are often used by poker players but also by other gamblers like sports betters. Mark often wanted to swap money from neteller or skrill to pokerstars, these of kind of swaps are quite common amongst poker players. PN looked at the history of Mark's swap requests and found out that he often wanted to swap amounts up to a couple of thousand. In November he suddenly wanted to swap 30.000. The question is where did he get this money from and why did he not put money on pokerstars via his bank account. Lets see if the police investigation will follow the money trail.

Haase's name has been mentioned before with regards to matchfixing. It also raised some eyebrows when Mark became his coach.
For those who like speculating a bit more I found this:
http://www.tennisupdate.nl/tennisnieuws/13371/wildcardspeler-timmert-topseed-haase-van-de-baan/
 
Jun 21, 2015
377
0
0
^ Ostensibly, this mightn't seem to have wider implications for tennis. However, if it transpires that one of its professionals had indeed fallen foul of gambling-addiction, then tennis might feel renewed pressure to reexamine its commercial relationships with betting companies.

A sport being paid to promote gambling on one hand, while watching members of its professional 'family' succumb to gambling-related problems on the other, would surely make people uneasy.


The question is where did he get this money from and why did he not put money on pokerstars via his bank account.
If I understand correctly, US and European banks often block direct transactions to online gambling websites, and this is the reason e-wallets get used.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Re:

Tienus said:
Interesting new facts from AD and pokernews.
http://nl.pokernews.com/nieuws/2016/03/moord-koen-everink-om-pokerschuld-van-80000-23926.htm
http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/38261/Nieuws/article/detail/4271103/2016/03/27/Mark-de-J-had-gokschulden-ook-bij-Koen-Everink.dhtml

Mark de J had a gambling addiction. He played different games in casinos and also poker with friends from the tennis scene. Mark also played alot of poker online. It is hard to say how much money he lost in live games but I suspect the 80.000 to Evrink is part of it. Pokernews found out his Pokerstars nick and looked up the data. He lost a minimum of 62.000. The question is where did he get all that money from.

AD also found out that Mark wanted to swap money from e-wallets to pokerstars. E-wallets are often used by poker players but also by other gamblers like sports betters. Mark often wanted to swap money from neteller or skrill to pokerstars, these of kind of swaps are quite common amongst poker players. PN looked at the history of Mark's swap requests and found out that he often wanted to swap amounts up to a couple of thousand. In November he suddenly wanted to swap 30.000. The question is where did he get this money from and why did he not put money on pokerstars via his bank account. Lets see if the police investigation will follow the money trail.

Haase's name has been mentioned before with regards to matchfixing. It also raised some eyebrows when Mark became his coach.
For those who like speculating a bit more I found this:
http://www.tennisupdate.nl/tennisnieuws/13371/wildcardspeler-timmert-topseed-haase-van-de-baan/
good post, thanks for the summary. (And yes, that loss against the wildcard player seems dodgy enough.)

Indeed you gotta wonder what Haase was doing with a 29-year old coach. It smells intrinsically.
I posted this vid one page back. In case you missed it, watch it from 0:58 onwards, when Haase is being asked by a reporter why he's decided to take Mark on board as a coach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-UwGnUdhyo
Indeed, mouth full of teeth, stutter stutter.
Not farfetched to assume matchfixing was involved.
Will be interesting to follow this.
 
Jan 30, 2016
1,048
0
0
If I understand correctly, US and European banks often block direct transactions to online gambling websites, and this is the reason e-wallets get used.

That is correct and one of the reasons why many online poker players want to swap funds. For alot of players its also difficult to cash out from these sites and they would like to swap pokerstars funds for funds online.

However from the Netherlands this is not the case, here you can pay with IDEAL (directly from your bank account), Mastercard, Visa, Entropay, Paysafe card or local bank transfer and Neteller or Skrill. The last two options make his actions suspiscious. Why did he not make direct transfer from Skrill and Neteller to Pokerstars, It's extremely easy in the Pokerstars lobby, you can even do fast deposits with them while continue playing.

He is a really bad player who lost alot playing poker. He was playing small stakes but still managed to lose alot. He was playing cash games and not tournaments which means he could not suddenly win a big amount of money. I find it therefore suspiscious that he had so much money available on Neteller and Skrill. With sportsbetting he would have got amazing odds if he predicted that the number one seeded Haase would only win four sets against the guy with the wildcard.
 
Jun 21, 2015
377
0
0
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
arcus said:
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/tennis-endures-a-season-of-scandal-from-match-fixing-to-doping-1.2587529

If the rigour that was applied by sports journalists to the world of cycling was transferred to tennis, the sport would be in a lot more trouble than it already is.
what rigour?
Everything is relative..
Historically, cycling at least had Kimmage, Macur, Fainaru-wada, and (back in the day) Walsh.. Tennis has never had anything comparable :(
 
Jun 21, 2015
377
0
0
Re:

@ Tienus : Interesting. I'm not familiar with on-line gambling, so I appreciate your posts, but I'm still a bit confused

:confused:
Tienus wrote
Mark often wanted to swap money from neteller or skrill to pokerstars, these of kind of swaps are quite common amongst poker players.
Why did he not make direct transfer from Skrill and Neteller to Pokerstars, It's extremely easy in the Pokerstars lobby, you can even do fast deposits with them while continue playing.
 
Jan 30, 2016
1,048
0
0
There are all sorts of swaps of funds. In this thread alone there are over 10.000 pages of swaps:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/person-person-transfers-first-post-must-read-posting-rules-receive-points-1529/

Mark had alot of money on Skrill and Neteller and requested to swap to pokerstars regularly. This means he would send money from his e-wallet to a person and this person would send him money on Pokerstars. In October he offered to swap 30.000 from his e-wallet to pokerstars.

I would love to know how Mark got so much money on these e-wallets. For sure he did not win this with playing poker.
The other question is why did Mark not deposit directly to Pokerstars as this would have been very easy and the most logical thing to do.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS