• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tennis

Page 102 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
djokoviceyes_zpsb5114f1b.jpg

You are spot on - his pupils are pin point....so its an opiate effect.

Opiates are one of the few substances that make your pupils pin-*** sized, I found very few people ever noticed, in fact it was always very easy for my friend to operate like normal when on opiates (especially as he aged and his tolerance grew). Probably why he found them so addictive and has to stay away from them now.

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

robow7 said:
jalep said:
https://uniqueoptique.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/donknotts.jpg

Something has maybe messed up his thyroid - hyperthyroid can be a cause of bug-eyed appearance.

He shows no sign of exophthalmos and extremely unlikely he has any thyroid condition, but that is funny !

:D you got it. was just having some fun.

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
One more thing. Hasn't anyone noticed how much his (Novak D's) chin grows every year.
2015 (look at the whole slide show from Beijing to really see the chin):
http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/photos/novak-djokovic-beijing2015
... of course, I do notice the youngest brother Djorde appears to have a rather sped up enlarging of his chin the last few years also...so maybe just genetic? Or is it hgh? Or simply a some weird camera angles. The middle brother Marco looks normal but he's not very good at tennis. Djorde is having a serious go at challengers and doubles lately.
2007: http://www.muscleandfitness.gr/content/data/multimedia/images//4novak-2007-us-open.jpg

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Re:

frenchfry said:
A top level athlete with significant weight loss after retiring from physically intensive sport. Kind of the reverse Eddy Merckx (before he recently slimmed down).

Makes you wonder what she was on while playing tennis.

http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/tennis/fil-info/la-metamorphose-de-marion-bartoli-778389
She was probably on something but I do think that her weight problem was the same as Ullrich : stress,... that encourages some people to compensate by eating.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

frenchfry said:
A top level athlete with significant weight loss after retiring from physically intensive sport. Kind of the reverse Eddy Merckx (before he recently slimmed down).

Makes you wonder what she was on while playing tennis.

http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/tennis/fil-info/la-metamorphose-de-marion-bartoli-778389

Her retirement was a huge shock. I think she tested positive and was forced take a 2 year career break. Seems she used that to her advantage and got a new training program. Wonder does she know the Counds :rolleyes:

Roger Federer calls for more doping tests in tennis

"He said he been tested out of competition about five times this year. “There needs to be more resources,” he said. “It’s very important. Players need to feel that there are going to be tests. So they will shy away from any silly thought they might have."

“I’m always surprised when I walk off court after a final and I’m like ‘where is anti-doping?’”

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/13/roger-federer-calls-for-doping-tests-tennis

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
Words are cheap though. And with Fed soon retiring it does feel a bit like Froome asking for tests the day he leaves Teide. Don't want Djoker getting to 17.

Nole did a Froomeish-like transformation (much milder though, as he has always been very talented early on), once he went gluten free. He used to gasp for air in longer matches, now he wins the decider sets 6-0. Funny

What Federer is obliquely suggesting is that they should go back and retest Djokovic's samples, Nadal's perhaps too, and if they don't find anything they should test their samples again until they do show positive and then ban them.

In other news, doping scandals are apparently impossible in Russian tennis, at least according to the Russian Tennis Federation ...."Tennis is the purest sport"

"Nothing threatens Russian tennis players’ participation in the 2016 Summer Olympics, the president of the Russian Tennis Federation says. This is just ruled out, tennis is the purest sport. So nothing threatens our players’ participation in the 2016 Summer Olympics."

(Source is an article from tass, and I can't post the link, it as it flags as spam)

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Good god did anyone watch Djokovic blow Nishikori off the court? The guy is just unbeatable, his joints indestructible.

Also, here's a nice quote from Murray.

He added: “I feel like I’ve been tested the most in my career but, to be honest, it’s getting to the stage where that doesn’t even matter anymore. Lance Armstrong was the most tested athlete on the planet and never failed a drugs test so it doesn’t necessarily guarantee anything.”

Good that he admits this. So many sports fans are still struggling with the idea that testing negative doesn't mean much.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
So Djokovic is almost skin and bone these days and yet still generating power...hes morphing into Nicolas Escude and looking like a pro-cyclist with the 'visible veins syndrome'

Fed is on the same stuff, he has dropped ~4lbs just by the look of it, in the last 3 years. Now, my metric "just by the look of it" is very unscientific.

I think the first major changing apart from Wiggins and Froome, was the female Serbian tennis player, Anna Ivanovic

she went from a young pudgy baby fat bodyfat player, and remember, she became the number one tennis player in the world with that body, so she was highly trained, and highly disciplined, just some players, some individuals, carry the bodyfat, now she has the six-pack

ana-ivanovic-weight-loss-sports-illustrated-639832911.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
she went overboard, there must be a sweetspot, she has lost too much weight... also takes into account, her natural physique, you cannot make yourself a Manny Pacquio and be world champ across 6 weight classes, even with the doping.

even with the doping, there should still be a sweetspot weightclass for Manny Pacquio or however you spell his name...

well, Anna went overboard. If anyone has read my thesis on Usain Bolt, I said he had a sweetspot weight someone in the years immediately after Beijing, and every extra kg he puts on, someone can do the applied physics of the required work, Bolt needs to accelerate a heavier physique out of the blocks, accelerate the heavier physique to terminal velocity, then the speed endurance, which weight may have a marginal deleterious effect, so wrt Anna, I reckon too light, wrt Bolt, too heavy, even if it is just ~4lbs too heavy for Usain Bolt. It would be tough for Bolt to keep the weight off with his androgen and hormone PED diet and gym work, and yes, his numbers in the gym maybe better, they maybe prorata much higher, but, how does this translate into his explosivity from the blocks and his acceleration to terminal velocity?

files.php

Ana-Ivanovic_EPA_2116090b.jpg

TRENDING THREADS