• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tennis

Page 158 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't know why,but the media and celebrities here in Romania are in full force to back her claims. I don't really know what happened,but why it took nearly 2 months to anounce the positive test? The match between her and Snigur took place on 28th of august. If she doped she should be suspended. But one question still remains: who convinced her to do that?Is it Mouratoglou?Is it somebody else?She had a poor 2022 season. The only highlights were QF at Wimbledon and winning Montreal. I won't condemn her yet,because I don't know if she took Roxadustat knowing she might get caught red-handed. If she gets convicted,her career is over. She's 31.
When you say “who convinced her to do that?” Do you mean convinced her to dope or convinced her to play in the 28th? If you mean convinced her to dope sounds like you’re suggesting she only starting doping and got caught, as opposed to using PEDs all along?

Such small findings on something that isn’t used as a PED. Let’s see what the investigation brings out before we automatically call her a doper.

She should have stuck with Cahill, not because of this, but because Mouratoglou is overrated.
It’s a type of blood booster—curious why you’re saying it isn’t used as a PED. Like, has it shown to have little efficacy that makes it not worth the risk. Or is it that it’s just never shown up on lists of suspected PEDs?

Simona Halep: "A big supplements maker did it and ran away!"

Four-year ban!!

Couldn't resist checking out the New York Times coverage of the Joker after his win. Comment after comment about how incredible he is, how he's changed his diet and it's done wonders. NOTHING about suspicious behavior, nothing about his unbelievable record, NOTHING about him beating Nadal and Federer. Blows my mind.

I hope the Halep situation gives tennis fans a little bit to think about.

Reactions: Captain Serious
4 years is way too much for something so small that was found, and wasn’t for performance use.
You may know more about the specific case than I do, but it’s hard for me to fathom why you say it “wasn’t for performance use” when the violation is for a blood boosting product?

From previous article posted above: “Roxadustat is an anti-anaemia drug which stimulates the production of red blood cells in the body.”

You may know more about the specific case than I do, but it’s hard for me to fathom why you say it “wasn’t for performance use” when the violation is for a blood boosting product?

From previous article posted above: “Roxadustat is an anti-anaemia drug which stimulates the production of red blood cells in the body.”

Read the case. The amount was so small. And the ITIA report is just ‘we don’t have conclusive evidence…but…’

Reactions: Sciatic

TRENDING THREADS