• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2016 Tour of Britain (2.HC) 04/09-11/09/2016

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hopefully it splits up a bit again today.

I did a long charity walk 2 years ago that went past Stroud, the 2 hills either side of the town are pretty decent hills and could provide a platform for something to happen as there are less than 70k's to go. Depends if anyone wants to take risks with tomorrow uphill finish up Haytor.

Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Ariadne said:

Shocking, really stupid from the driver.

Sky have tweeted an apology and said it's completely unacceptable and will be speaking to thier driver. They've also asked for the posters details so maybe some freebies coming his way.

Speaking to the driver? Unacceptable, they should be out the door. It's a professional driver who was very lucky not to kill someone there.

King Boonen said:
Pricey_sky said:
Ariadne said:

Sky have tweeted an apology and said it's completely unacceptable and will be speaking to thier driver. They've also asked for the posters details so maybe some freebies coming his way.

Speaking to the driver? Unacceptable, they should be out the door. It's a professional driver who was very lucky not to kill someone there.

I agree, very close to a nasty incident.

King Boonen said:
Pricey_sky said:
Ariadne said:

I love all the 'Chapeau' balls on Twitter at Sky apologizing. The driver should be binned.

Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Hopefully it splits up a bit again today.

I did a long charity walk 2 years ago that went past Stroud, the 2 hills either side of the town are pretty decent hills and could provide a platform for something to happen as there are less than 70k's to go. Depends if anyone wants to take risks with tomorrow uphill finish up Haytor.

Should imagine a sprint finish today, but would be nice to see it split.

Arnout said:
Ariadne said:

Why are the roads this narrow in Britain? We have narrow roads in the Netherlands too, but it's nothing compared to this standard.

We have wide roads, motorways and narrow roads...we have all types....up to you which you want to ride on....we have a an equal opportunity policy re roads....unlike the Netherlands I see

Arnout said:
Ariadne said:

Why are the roads this narrow in Britain? We have narrow roads in the Netherlands too, but it's nothing compared to this standard.

The country roads away from the main motorways and A roads can get quite narrow. The roads in rural Wales for example can suddenly go from wide, 2 carriage ways to a narrow junction where you can barely fit more than 1 car through. Many cyclists I know prefer these 'quieter' roads but it can be dangerous sometimes.

HelloDolly said:
Arnout said:
Ariadne said:

We have wide roads, motorways and narrow roads...we have all types....up to you which you want to ride on....we have a an equal opportunity policy re roads....unlike the Netherlands I see

Equal opportunity policy regarding roads? Is that a thing?

MartinGT said:
King Boonen said:
Pricey_sky said:
Ariadne said:

I love all the 'Chapeau' balls on Twitter at Sky apologizing. The driver should be binned.

Fran Millar sounding a bit like a broken record...

And yes, "Chapeau" for apologising because you nearly seriously injured/killed someone? I didn't think I could dislike Sky any more...