• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2017 Tour of Britain 03/09 - 10/09/17 (2.HC)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Valv.Piti said:
I just saw the profiles, wtf is this. :lol: Like seriously, have they made the parcours as easy as possible on purpose and in the process wanted to torture spectators and commentators with endless and predictable sprinter stages?

I think they wanted to attract world-class sprinters and world-class time triallers figuring the race occurs at the same time as the Vuelta and the two Canadian World Tour races.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
So Boom has this in the bag now, basically? Or is stage 7 enough to cause some mayhem?

Anyway, glad to see Boom back to winning ways again. Far too much talent to just fade out.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Der Effe said:
So Boom has this in the bag now, basically? Or is stage 7 enough for some mayhem?

Eddy Boss is only 19s behind. Stage 7 has a slightly lumpy finish but it's not too tough. Rain predicted for the weekend which could spice things up there.

That is not much with 3 stages to go and Edvald's sprinting legs. Stage 7 seems like a stage that suits Boom quite good as well though.

Re:

Der Effe said:
Or is stage 7 enough to cause some mayhem?
LosBrolin said:
Yes, it is.

Also see page 1:

fauniera said:
Cheltenham finale:

QnwEF9E.png

Re:

portugal11 said:
Martin is really past him prime. I don't know how hw managed to win the time trial at the worlds
A short TT is not his forte.
Timetrials tend to be shorter and/or hillier the past few years. Qatar was a pan flat 40km TT and he simply destroyed everyone. He's not as dominant as he used to be but still among the very best.

Ofcourse he wont win in Bergen, doesn't it have some kind of mur at the end?

So this year ToB is basically 7 sprint stages, with some super weak breakaway to catch, plus TT. What the hell happened? I remember enjoying it few years ago, when it had much more hilly route with some tough finishes. This year it seems like there will be no stage with time differences apart from TT. This is ridiculous.

The Tour of Britain has certainly dropped a brick with the parcours this year. It's not helped by the fact that they avoid Yorkshire these days altogether because of the TdY. That limits the no of hills they can use but certainly they can design a more testing route than this procession.

TRENDING THREADS