• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LaFlorecita said:
LATOUR into profit :)
Yes and he should still get a good chunk of points from the french championship ITT and the end of season classics. He will probably improve on his GC placing from last year's TDF as well, even though most of his energy will be dedicated to attacking the Sky train.

Nice week for Bardet too. He's been better than last year at basically every race. Next up, winning the Tour.

Nice to see Van der Poel finally start racing on the road. My team sure can use him right now.

Had a disappointing Dauphine, but that blow is softened by my 2nd place on week rankings ... and being one of the "hipster" teams (although I suspect that hipster is a pejorative term these days). I also have 16 riders in profit. My main *** up this year has been picking Gaviria again.

Pretty week that my team has given me, Van der Poel fundamentally. In addition, I score again for the green jersey (what times those in which I was a leader having won the first two weeks!) And I get into the fight for the podium. Although not yet accounted for, yesterday Van der Poel won again, so I hope to be among the first again next week.

Update #22: Dauphiné one-two for Carlo

The WT is back rolling, and with the Dauphiné comes the major CQ points again. Race winner Geraint Thomas (picked 24 times) was on all the top 13 teams this week, which was a pretty high-scoring one. However, there is one clear winner.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 Carlo_Algatrensig 806
2 Squire 709
3 greenedge 683
4 bort 672
5 Gotland 669

Carlo_Algatrensig didn't just have Thomas, he made sure to profit maximally from the Dauphiné by also having 2nd placed Adam Yates. Add in some De Bie and Barguil points, and you have a weekly win. Team Squire takes 2nd with the required Thomas plus Latour, Alaphilippe and De Bie. The same riders are found on greenedge's team which rounds out the podium, but Team Squire edges it by also having Jones and some more minor scorers chipping in.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 l'velo (+25)
2 greenedge (+23)
3 Bicycle_Boy (+21)
4 bort (+20)
5 Carlo_Algatrensig (+19)

A bike-themed podium is split by weekly podium finisher greenedge. Again, Geraint Thomas is the common denominator. bort gets the most bang for his buck out of this lot by moving into the top 30.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 Squire 162
1 Eric10 162
3 LightBing 150
4 archieboy 144
5 Jon_Ezeitza 120

The success continues for Team Squire, whose 2nd on the week is enough to move into a split green jersey with Eric10. archieboy gets 10 more points this week, and weekly winner Carlo_Algatrensig moves up to 7th in this competition, just outside this leaderboard.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (+2) Squire 8295
2 (-1) ruvu75 8287
3 (+1) TheArt 8101
4 (-2) Eyeballs Out 7978
5 (+1) Wallenquist 7815
6 (+7) Gigs_98 7751
7 (-2) GP Blanco 7705
8 (-1) trackstand 7696
9 (-1) LightBing 7659
10 (-1) MADRAZO 7501

Now, this is slightly embarassing. First time ever that I'm leading the CQ game, and I'm the one doing the update. ruvu75 drops down to 2nd despite being 8th on the week, and impressive newcomer TheArt moves onto the podium at the expense of Eyeballs Out. Gigs_98 leapfrogs a whole bunch of teams to enter the top 10 in 6th while scrooll07 is bumped out. The entire top 10 is now in profit.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

Considering my fifth most expensive pick is Vakoc I'm not gonna complain about my result so far. Thomas finally getting big points was really important although crashes and thrown away stage wins still cost him around 100 points this week. I fear Porte's and Valverde's points for the coming weeks though.

Edit: And of course thanks for the great update :)

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
I have 5 of Trek's 7 riders in the new Adriatica Ionica race, hoping for some decent points :p
Nizzolo, Pantano, Conci, Brambilla, Felline
I hope Brambilla is the leader because in that case this TTT would have been great for me too. I also hope that Ciccone will completely crush the opposition on the Giau

Update #23: Previous leader rejuvunated
(Very subtle pun this week)

Teams with Richie Porte usually have good Junes, and this year is no exception. Tour de Suisse was the arena for the big points this week, with a few x.1 races in France, Slovenia and Belgium added in.

This Week's Top Scorers

1 Amis_Velo 831
2 zaka_fan 806
3 bminchow 738
4 Leadbelly 700
5 search 667

With Porte, Quintana and Mas going 1st, 3rd & 4th in the Tour de Suisse, Amis_Velo takes the win this week. Weekly runner-up zaka_fan actually had a Suisse 1-2 with Porte and Fuglsang, but with no Mas it was no más for zaka_fan. bminchow in 3rd has a slightly more 'conventional' team, with Oomen and Mas adding to the Porte points.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 search (+17)
2 bminchow (+16)
3 Nicosix (+14)
3 zaka_fan (+14)
5 Valv.Piti (+12)
5 skidmark (+12)
5 JSpear (+12)
5 Leadbelly (+12)

The ladder is crowded this week. search makes the biggest jump with race winners Porte and Valverde carrying them up 17 placings. bminchow makes it a double weekly podium, while Nicosix and zaka_fan shares 3rd place with a jump of 14 places.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 Squire 162
1 Eric10 162
3 LightBing 150
4 archieboy 144
5 search 120
5 ChrisDK 120
5 Jon_Ezeitza 120

The good week for search helps them join the party in 5th place in the green jersey competition. Otherwise, no changes in the upper echelons. The lead is still shared between Squire and Eric10. 11 teams are still to score a point in this competition. One of them, Martin, was damned close this week, just 5 points off the weekly 15th place.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (+1) ruvu75 8833
2 (-1) Squire 8705
3 (-) TheArt 8445
4 (-) Eyeballs Out 8415
5 (-) Wallenquist 8183
6 (-) Gigs_98 8086
7 (-) GP Blanco 8037
8 (-) trackstand 7936
9 (+1) MADRAZO 7933
10 (+4) scrooll07 7932

I'm spared further blushes as previous leader ruvu75 reclaims their lead after just one week. A very good weekly haul; 12th place with big points from Mas, Oomen and Kragh Andersen is more than enough for ruvu to overtake Team Squire by quite a considerable margin. Elsewhere, scrooll07 enters the top 10 at the expense of former leader LightBing who drops 5 places after a disappointing 124th on the week.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

Yet another week to be very happy with having picked Hodeg and Maddous. Then I've got Fernandez who now just needs 7 points to get into the positive numbers and Carthy who's about 20 points from positive territory. Of course others who aren't doing nearly as well. Overall happy with my team. Of course Valverde had more nice points.

Just checking in for the first time in a couple of weeks... first, I wanna say congrats to Squire for landing first place last week! I know it's a belated congrats, but you've been so close a number of times that when I was scrolling through and reading chronologically through the thread, I almost fist-pumped. Nice work, and I'm sure there's a good chance you'll bounce back up there if the nationals and TdF go your way.

Second, I don't have anyone in particular who's offered to do the July updates; if anyone wants to do them, speak up and lemme know on this thread or by PM. Otherwise, I think I'm working remotely still until about July 10th, and will then be travelling. So I'll have fairly regular internet access, but updates might be a day or two after the CQ updates if I'm doing them. After July it should be smooth sailing.

Third, my team is in 36th place with some promising showings, but seems a little stuck. Boy, if only I had not dropped Formolo and De Bie from the final version of my team, yeesh. Ah well, I'm sure Lennard Kamna and Matvey Mamykin are gonna rip it up in the summer.

Update #24: greenedge doesn't just edge it

One small Belgian one-dayer, one small French one-dayer, one small Italian stage race and a ton of mostly obscure national championships. That was what was offered up this week. The most impactful pick was Ivan Sosa, who won the Adriatica-Ionica race. He's picked just 9 times, and this victory takes his points tally to 279 points. At a cost of 72, he's turning out to be a great pick. Belgian champion Yves Lampaert, picked twice, was the highest scoring pick this week, with 176 points.

This Week's Top Scorers

1 greenedge 502
2 Kryvo 386
3 Leadbelly 383
4 Ferminal 380
5 Hakkie2 371

Dominating win for greenedge this week! 116 points ahead of 2nd place in a rather low-scoring week is very impressive! Sosa is a heavy hitter for the weekly winner, but what sets greenedge apart from the other Sosers are his abundant minor scorers. Vanmarcke, DVP, K.Hagen, D.Smith, A.Turgis and De Bie all contribute more than 30 points each to make it a resounding victory for the team.

Kryvo is the only one in the top 5 without Sosa. Instead, they're helped out by Valverde, I.Izagirre, Kudus, DVP and De Bie. The rather unique team of Leadbelly has another moment in the sun with consecutive top 5s. The main scorers Valverde & Sosa are rare but not that rare, however, unique picks Pierre Idjouadiene and Jakub Otruba both score more than 20 points.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 greenedge (+14)
2 Leadbelly (+9)
2 flashke (+9)
4 jsem94 (+8)
5 DJ Sprtsch (+7)

With greenedge absolutely smashing it this week, it's no bonus points for guessing who's the top mover. Another consecutive top 5 for Leadbelly here, who continues the upward trajectory. flashke equals Leadbelly's rise of 9 places.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 Squire 162
1 Eric10 162
3 LightBing 150
4 Kryvo 147
5 archieboy 144

The lead is still split between Squire and Eric10, while Kryvo comes into the fray in 4th place.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (-) ruvu75 9053
2 (-) Squire 9009
3 (-) TheArt 8702
4 (-) Eyeballs Out 8632
5 (-) Wallenquist 8365
6 (-) Gigs_98 8356
7 (-) GP Blanco 8326
8 (-) trackstand 8264
9 (+3) Total Package 8191
10 (-1) MADRAZO 8188

It's a very static situation in the upper echelons of the top 10 this week. Squire closes the distance to leader ruvu75 to just 44 points, while at the bottom end of the top 10, Total Package bumps out scrooll07.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

skidmark said:
Just checking in for the first time in a couple of weeks... first, I wanna say congrats to Squire for landing first place last week! I know it's a belated congrats, but you've been so close a number of times that when I was scrolling through and reading chronologically through the thread, I almost fist-pumped. Nice work, and I'm sure there's a good chance you'll bounce back up there if the nationals and TdF go your way.
Thanks! With Latour having a good national championship in both TT and RR, I think I might be back on top again next week. Then it's your responsibility to keep me there when you resume update duty! ;)

Thanks for the update.
Of course more nice points from Valverde definitely helps. Fernandez and Luis Mas have finally both hit positive numbers. Castrillo and Samitar both added a few points for the Spanish Championship weekend. Soler, Terpstra and Hodeg all added more points to their nice seasons.

TRENDING THREADS