• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thanks a lot for the update Squire. That was a ridiculously good week for me given how few races there were. 1st and 3rd at Ingooigem (Van Poppel and De Bie), 2nd at Adriatica for Ciccone and a nice bonus second place for Smith at Paris-Chauny. 8th on the week, but only moved up two places, so there must be some fairly sizeable gaps starting to appear in the table. Unfortunately, Smith is going to the Tour with Wanty so will probably knacker himself getting into pointless breaks for three weeks. Would have much preferred him to keep racking up the points in smaller races.

Van Poppels 2nd in the Dutch nationals, plus LaTours exploits will hopefully keep me ticking over.Considering half my team is Italian or Belgian, was a little disappointed to come away with nothing from those races, except De Plus's 4th in the TT. Will Moscon ever get going this year?

Re:

Koronin said:
Thanks for the update.
Of course more nice points from Valverde definitely helps. Fernandez and Luis Mas have finally both hit positive numbers. Castrillo and Samitar both added a few points for the Spanish Championship weekend. Soler, Terpstra and Hodeg all added more points to their nice seasons.

Got this just now:

Provider error '80004005'

Unspecified error

/men/asp/includes/connOpen.asp, line 16

Re: Re:

bminchow said:
Koronin said:
Thanks for the update.
Of course more nice points from Valverde definitely helps. Fernandez and Luis Mas have finally both hit positive numbers. Castrillo and Samitar both added a few points for the Spanish Championship weekend. Soler, Terpstra and Hodeg all added more points to their nice seasons.

Got this just now:

Provider error '80004005'

Unspecified error

/men/asp/includes/connOpen.asp, line 16

Got that earlier but its OK now,

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Thanks for the update Squire. I had relatively good first weeks, now I'm stuck in the higher positions. My team is not looking good for the Tour either but there's always the chance that Padua wins Österreich Rundfahrt. :D

Koronin said:
Fernandez and Luis Mas have finally both hit positive numbers.

Still a pretty bad season for Fernandez so far.

Re: Re:

rote_laterne said:
Thanks for the update Squire. I had relatively good first weeks, now I'm stuck in the higher positions. My team is not looking good for the Tour either but there's always the chance that Padua wins Österreich Rundfahrt. :D

Koronin said:
Fernandez and Luis Mas have finally both hit positive numbers.

Still a pretty bad season for Fernandez so far.

It is. I had expected more from him. Yet again he has an injury plagued first half of the season.

Hi all, I just popped on because I have a minute of internet access to let you guys know that I'll send the next update on Wednesday, as that'll be my next day with internet access. A quick look at the thread shows that there wasn't an update this Monday (July 1st) - sorry, I think that I assumed that since it was for the last week of June then Squire would cover it, and maybe Squire assumed I'd do it since I said I'd be back in July and the update was on July 1st. At any rate, I'll send out a double update next Wednesday unless someone wants to take on the July 1st summary before then. Look forward to jumping back in it... it's Tour time!

Update #25: Double trouble for both greenedge & Squire

A ton of national championships this week, including some big ones that gives out 140 points to the winner: Netherlands, Italy and France

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 greenedge 504
2 Popchu 498
3 escartin 457
4 Gotland 431
5 freshman 408

At first when looking at the weekly charts, I wondered if I had done something wrong while updating the spreadsheet. But no, greenedge really does it again! Two weeks in a row! Just a 6 point margin this week though, but that surely won't bother greenedge.

The point scorers for greenedge this week are all from countries with red, white and blue flags: Latour, DVP, A.Turgis, Van Baarle, Alaphilippe, G.Thomas all do well in their national TT and/or RR champs, and take greenedge to the top once again. Popchu follows close behind with the same three top scorers, but without Van Baarle and Thomas, it doesn't help that Popchu has an actual RR champ in Lutsenko. Latour and DVP also headline escartin's team in 3rd.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 greenedge (+15)
2 jsem94 (+12)
3 Akuryo (+8)
3 EvansIsTheBest (+8)
3 Gotland (+8)

It's a double-double for greenedge, as they are once again the highest mover. jesm94 in 2nd place on the top movers' list has a rare top scorer in Lux double champ Jungels (picked 4 times), while Akuryo, EvansIsTheBest and Gotland all move up 8 places this week for a shared 3rd-highest-mover spot.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 Squire 178
2 Eric10 162
3 LightBing 150
4 Kryvo 147
5 archieboy 144

An 8th place on the week gives team Squire 16 green points and finally the sole lead in the green jersey competition. greenedge's 90 points in two weeks leaves them lurking just outside the top 5 in 6th place.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (+1) Squire 9387
2 (-1) ruvu75 9331
3 (-) TheArt 9050
4 (-) Eyeballs Out 9000
5 (-) Wallenquist 8604
6 (+2) trackstand 8592
7 (+2) Total Package 8565
8 (-1) GP Blanco 8562
9 (-3) Gigs_98 8545
10 (-) MADRAZO 8456

greenedge is not the only team who's doubling up this week. In addition to gaining the lead in the green jersey competition, team Squire is back in the overall lead! A Latour-powered week means that team Squire is now more than 50 points ahead of close rival ruvu75.

All the top 10-ers stay in the fray, but there's some shuffling. trackstand and Total Package move up 2 places each. Gigs_98 drops down 3 places, but it's not the end of the world, as the teams in 5th-9th are really, really close

Spreadsheet at dropbox

skidmark said:
Hi all, I just popped on because I have a minute of internet access to let you guys know that I'll send the next update on Wednesday, as that'll be my next day with internet access. A quick look at the thread shows that there wasn't an update this Monday (July 1st) - sorry, I think that I assumed that since it was for the last week of June then Squire would cover it, and maybe Squire assumed I'd do it since I said I'd be back in July and the update was on July 1st. At any rate, I'll send out a double update next Wednesday unless someone wants to take on the July 1st summary before then. Look forward to jumping back in it... it's Tour time!
I haven't forgotten! ;) Just been extremely busy this week. And the update is apparently mostly about myself anyway ( :eek: ), so nobody (except weekly winner greenedge) has been missing out massively.

Speaking of forgetting, I actually forgot the monthly rankings, so here they are:

This Month's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this Month
1 Squire 1801
2 greenedge 1763
3 ruvu75 1626
4 zaka_fan 1543
5 Carlo_Algatrensig 1537

This Month's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 greenedge (+38)
2 barmaher (+27)
2 l'velo (+27)
4 LosBrolin (+22)
5 Geraint Too Fast (+21)
5 Carlo_Algatrensig (+21)
5 EvansIsTheBest (+21)

Familiar names again. I think it must be a first that the top position of all rankings in a month-end update has been divided between only two different teams.

I wasn't worried about this week, I'm more surprised I got a decent number of points for a week I wasn't really thinking I'd get much of anything. Although should have expected some decent points from Terpstra at the Italian national championships.

The Tour is here! As always, hopes are high at the start for my team. Don't think I've ever had 3 realistic Top-10 GC riders in the TdF before:

8 THOMAS Geraint
121 FUGLSANG Jakob
161 KRUIJSWIJK Steven

Minor GC/stages:
125 KANGERT Tanel
162 GESINK Robert
188 TAARAMÄE Rein

Sprinter:
131 CAVENDISH Mark

Points for finishing/pave stage:
53 HAUSSLER Heinrich
108 TERPSTRA Niki
116 OSS Daniel

+2 this week was a nice surprise. I don't expect a Giro-like performance at the Tour, though.

Latour
Gaudu
Gesink
Kangert
Boswell
Cavendish
Haussler

Good news, they'd basically all be a nice story if they do something like winning stages or polka dots. Really looking forward to Latour and Gaudu,though.

Squire said:
skidmark said:
I haven't forgotten! ;) Just been extremely busy this week. And the update is apparently mostly about myself anyway ( :eek: ), so nobody (except weekly winner greenedge) has been missing out massively.

Great, thanks so much! For this week and for filling in in general.

For everyone else, I've downloaded the update but won't be able to post it here for another 24 hours, I'm out of time here today!

Update #26: triley36 wins quiet week

Hey all, I'm back at the helm of the updates, and will look to have them back to being more timely (Monday or Tuesday) moving forward. This week's update is typically quiet, as the biggest race of the year is underway (meaning not many overlapping races with big points), but only with two stages counting for points in this update. Let's see how it went...

This Week's Top Scorers

1 triley36 270
2 Leadbelly 258
3 Guybrush 256
4 oliveira 206
5 comodoro 185

Newcomer triley36 takes the week! Two riders in particular helped them achieve the 270 points that won this week, namely Sagan with 150 and Gaviria with 100 (the other 20 points were from Patrick Bevin). Sagan and Gaviria are only on 14 and 16 teams respectively, so that particular combo gives quite the haul, and it will likely do so again this week. Second place Leadbelly comes at it from a totally different place, with 142 points from Ivan Sosa (whose 9 owners must be throwing parties over his 421 points so far this season at a cost of 72), and smatterings from a bunch of riders including Valverde, Porte, Ben Hermans and Amaro Atunes. Guybrush completes the podium on the back of points from Gaviria and Sosa.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Jancouver (+10)
2 Leadbelly (+8)
3 Hakkie2 (+6)
3 Geraint Too Fast (+6)
3 Jakob747 (+6)
3 Hugo Koblet (+6)
3 oliveira (+6)
3 Valv.Piti (+6)
3 the asian (+6)

With the relatively low points on offer this week, there weren't too many high jumps, but Jancouver managed to be the only player to jump double digits. thanks almost entirely to Sagan. Leadbelly is sadly a bridesmaid in this ranking as well, while 7 teams create a logjam tie for the last podium spot this week.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 Squire 178
2 Eric10 162
3 LightBing 150
4 Kryvo 147
5 greenedge 145

Not much change in the top 5, although notably greenedge continues an incredible hot streak to nab 13 points and move into 5th overall after winning the last two weeks (and finishing third two weeks before the first victory). Weekly winner triley36 scored their first points of this competition with the 45 for winning, so congrats for getting on the board so decisively! This means 121 of the 129 teams have scored at least a point in this competition.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team
1 (-) Squire 9410
2 (-) ruvu75 9354
3 (-) TheArt 9073
4 (-) Eyeballs Out 9011
5 (-) Wallenquist 8712
6 (-) trackstand 8615
7 (-) Total Package 8595
8 (-) GP Blanco 8582
9 (-) Gigs_98 8565
10 (-) MADRAZO 8467

With the vast majority of teams not really scoring huge points, that translates to no movement whatsoever in the top 10. I'm sure the glut of Tour points will change that soon enough, but for now, it's status quo.

spreadsheet at dropbox

Update #27: Giallo has a big week as TdF churns along

The Tour is the biggest event of the year, causing many other events to be scheduled around it rather than opposing it, yet it only gives out about 10% more points than the other Grand Tours. This tends to mean the vast majority of players in this game are left waiting for the GC points to come in, crossing their fingers for three long weeks that their well-placed guy won't have it all go up in smoke in a second with a crash. But there are always a few teams that have high stage scorers, and can cobble together some points from the smaller races taking place.

This Week's Top Scorers

1 Giallo 442
2 triley36 367
3 Bicycle_Boy 314
4 oliveira 284
5 Yellow Knight 280

A top 10 finisher last week, Giallo really pours on the points this week, winning by 75 points with 442 total. A huge chunk of that came from Sagan, who had 233 himself, but contributions from Valverde and Alaphilippe helped, as did points from smaller races: Javier Moreno got 45 from Austria, unique pick Jose Fernandes got 30 from a 2.2 race in Portugal, and Youcef Reguigui got 30 from an interestingly placed national championships. Last week's winner triley36 had won on the back of the Sagan-Gaviria combo, and this was certainly again the case (Cav with 4 points was their only other scorer), and Bicycle_Boy slides into third with points from Sagan, Alaphilippe and Giovanni Carboni.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Giallo (+18)
2 Brullnux (+11)
2 Shawnm4747 (+11)
4 Bicycle_Boy (+10)
5 AupaPyama (+8)

Giallo doubles up, with a bit more upwards movement than last week's somewhat lower-scoring field. Brullnux and Shawnm4747 tie for second thanks to, no mystery, Peter Sagan.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 Squire 178
2 Eric10 162
3 LightBing 150
4 Kryvo 147
5 greenedge 145

Status quo at the top as there's no change in the top 5; lower down, ChrisDK moves up to 7th after scoring 9 points on the week, and weekly points leader Giallo slides into 9th overall after a second good week in a row. If Sagan can keep it up (not as likely in this mountainous week), there's a chance the 14 teams with him can continue to score here.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Profit
1 (-) Squire 9511 2011
2 (-) ruvu75 9403 1917
3 (-) TheArt 9152 1674
4 (-) Eyeballs Out 9108 1611
5 (-) Wallenquist 8936 1547
6 (+1) Total Package 8783 1284
7 (-1) trackstand 8666 1180
8 (-) GP Blanco 8626 1140
9 (-) Gigs_98 8611 1112
10 (+1) Kryvo 8559 1066

A bit of movement this week, with Total Package and trackstand switching places, as well as Kryvo sliding in while displacing MADRAZO. Wallenquist and Total Package had the best points weeks of the top 10, scoring 224 and 188 while no one else scored more than 117. So even if there isn't much movement, some gaps are closing, although Squire's lead goes out by 52 points over 2nd place.

Next week, it's Tour Tour Tour, plus one stage of Qinghai Lake on Sunday. Although as I said above, it's the mountains in the Tour for the most part, so the team makeup to be successful might be a bit different than the last two weeks.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

TRENDING THREADS