• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I deeply regret I had forgotten everything about the game again and felt the need to only use one hour to submit my team today, damn... I also didn't think it was common at all to pick pricy riders cause I didn't pick one particular one who I really wanted..... :D

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I deeply regret I had forgotten everything about the game again and felt the need to only use one hour to submit my team today, damn... I also didn't think it was common at all to pick pricy riders cause I didn't pick one particular one who I really wanted..... :D
You still have seven hours left to change things. :)

Re: Re:

Squire said:
Valv.Piti said:
Picking that rider will mean I have to change A LOT of stuff, but maybe thats worth it...

Dang if i didn't make 6-7 different teams the last 6-7 days. I always do worse when i do that. Oh well. At least I like the riders on my team. Even if they aren't great value.

1000+: 2
600-699: 1
500-599: 1
400-499: 1
300-399: 1
200-299: 6
100-199: 9
0-99: 12

Teams:
AG2R: 1
Astana: 4
BMC: 1
Bahrain Merida: 1
Bardiani: 2
Bora: 2
Burgos: 1
Dimension: 2
Drapac: 2
Israel: 1
Movistar: 1
QuickStep: 2
Scott: 2
Sky: 1
Sunweb: 2
Trek: 3
Lotto Jumbo: 2
UAE: 1
Vital: 2

Nationalities:

Australia: 2
Belgium: 1
Britain: 2
Colombia: 2
Czech: 2
Denmark: 1
Estonia: 1
France: 4
Italy: 8
Lithuania: 1
Netherlands: 3
Norway: 2
Russia: 1
Spain: 2
USA: 1

No Germans? No Slovenians? Dang. I failed.

Point categories:

600+: 2
300–599: 3
100–299: 10
1–99: 18

Teams:

Movistar, Mitchelton - Scott, Sunweb, Quick - Step, Bardiani, Vital Concept, Trek - Segafredo, Barhain Merida, Bora - Hansgrohe, Lotto Soudal, Caja Rural, Dimension Data, Nippo - Vini Fantini, Tirol Cycling Team, Polartec - Kometa, Team Coop, GW-Shimano, Aevolo, Adria Mobil, Coldesparto - Claro

Countries:

Colombia, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Italy, France, Belgium, Ukraine, Slovakia, Spain, Germany, Australia, Slovenia, Rwanda, Denmark, Canada,

Ages:

Very Young-23: 18
24-27: 7
28+: 8

after one modification which actually ended up with 4 riders changing, I have managed to get 33 riders and exactly 7500 (had the max as well with my first attempt).
first ever rider over 1000 (albeit this is only my 3rd attempt), I can see a couple of other 1000+ guys who could have been justifiable picks as well...

1000+ - 1
500-1000 - 3
400-500 - 3
300-400 - 2
200-300 - 4
100-200 - 6
1-100 - 12
ZERO - 2

ITA - 7
FRA - 5
NED - 4
BEL, COL - 3
ESP, NOR - 2
BLR, CRC, CZE, EST, GBR, LIT, USA - 1

AST, QST, SKY - 3
ALM, BRD, FDJ, LTS, TBM, TFS - 2
ANS, BOH, DDD, EFD, ICA, MCC, MOV, MTS. SUN, SVB, TLJ, VIT - 1

I've sent a team to skidmark but the PM is stuck in my Outbox. I've PMed before but perhaps it's because I only have 10 posts, hence posting here now. If anyone knows any other reason why a message would be stuck in the Outbox instead of sending please advise. Thanks.

Re:

LondonPat said:
I've sent a team to skidmark but the PM is stuck in my Outbox. I've PMed before but perhaps it's because I only have 10 posts, hence posting here now. If anyone knows any other reason why a message would be stuck in the Outbox instead of sending please advise. Thanks.

it shows in Outbox until recipient has read it.

Gigs_98 said:
Squire said:
armchairclimber said:
I decided to try a risky strategy this year with
3 riders over 1000 points
2 riders 500 - 1000
7 riders 100 - 500
14 riders 0- 100
7 zeros (to heroes ... hopefully)

Not sure why I thought this was a good idea but, as I haven't really done terribly well in my first two attempts, I'm looking for at least some improvement ... and at the very least, some BIG weeks. If the big hitters stay injury free, I'll do fine.
It's a valid strategy. There are some decent options for a top-heavy approach this year.
Yeah, I think there are at least 4 decent picks worth more than 1000 points. Actually I'd be surprised if the majority of the players hasn't picked at least one of them.

That's actually surprising me. I could think of only one 1000+ rider which could be worth picking this year. I'm now really curious which riders you have in mind! Maybe I had a complete blackout when composing my team.. :surprised:

I ended up with only three riders 500+. I think it will be a very interesting game this year!

Common theme in most of the sneak previews: Italians

Valv.Piti said:
Squire said:
Valv.Piti said:
Picking that rider will mean I have to change A LOT of stuff, but maybe thats worth it...

If you leave him out and he scores 2,500 points you will never forgive yourself. :)
Hope this helps. :D

Vesica said:
Gigs_98 said:
Squire said:
armchairclimber said:
I decided to try a risky strategy this year with
3 riders over 1000 points
2 riders 500 - 1000
7 riders 100 - 500
14 riders 0- 100
7 zeros (to heroes ... hopefully)

Not sure why I thought this was a good idea but, as I haven't really done terribly well in my first two attempts, I'm looking for at least some improvement ... and at the very least, some BIG weeks. If the big hitters stay injury free, I'll do fine.
It's a valid strategy. There are some decent options for a top-heavy approach this year.
Yeah, I think there are at least 4 decent picks worth more than 1000 points. Actually I'd be surprised if the majority of the players hasn't picked at least one of them.

That's actually surprising me. I could think of only one 1000+ rider which could be worth picking this year. I'm now really curious which riders you have in mind! Maybe I had a complete blackout when composing my team.. :surprised:

I ended up with only three riders 500+. I think it will be a very interesting game this year!

Common theme in most of the sneak previews: Italians
I don't think a 1000+ rider can ever be so obvious that one needs a blackout to miss him, after all imo a rider has to get twice as many points as in his previous season to be considered a very good pick, and that doesn't happen often in the 1000+ range. I personally also don't think all 4 riders are worth picking but I think all 4 will get picked by at least 20 players, which is simply a lot for such expensive picks.

Anyway, as I've posted a few pages ago, I also only have 4 riders with 500+ points so no big difference between my and your team in that regard.

armchairclimber said:
Valv.Piti said:
Squire said:
Valv.Piti said:

If you leave him out and he scores 2,500 points you will never forgive yourself. :)
Hope this helps. :D
Well I figured out I would do it since I pretty much nothing to do today anyways, lol. Will be fun to look back at..

Hello, I joined the forum specifically to participate in this game. I've created a team, but do not have PM privileges as I'm a brand new user. Any suggestion as to how I might be able to submit team ahead of the deadline?
Cheers

Re:

triley36 said:
Hello, I joined the forum specifically to participate in this game. I've created a team, but do not have PM privileges as I'm a brand new user. Any suggestion as to how I might be able to submit team ahead of the deadline?
Cheers
Hi, we have a system where moderators have to approve or disapprove new posters' posts to counteract bots. I have done that now - try send again and if you still isn't able to do that, Im sure we will figure it out in the coming days and be able to participate in the game. No worries.

Re:

triley36 said:
Cheers

Join Velorooms, where the game is published as well, and submit in there. Here you need 10 posts to be able to PM.

Valv.Piti said:
Squire said:
Valv.Piti said:

Don't leave out a rider you really want. I'm guessing he's the same one I basically can't leave out either. I just started with him and went from there.

LondonPat said:
Tigerion said:
Just a question guys, do PMs stay in the outbox until skidmark gets them?

I sent my team last night but it seems to be sitting in my outbox rather than sent items

See Adamski's response above.
Exactly, that can be a little confusing.

I picked my team the old fashioned way since I for some reason couldn't write anything in the document skidmark linked to - I felt like a jerk double and triple checking, but whatever. :D

Koronin said:
Valv.Piti said:
Squire said:
Valv.Piti said:

Don't leave out a rider you really want. I'm guessing he's the same one I basically can't leave out either. I just started with him and went from there.
i DID change it! Its drastically different to the first team I submitted which had lots and lots of 200 and 300 pointers which I was a bit unsure about. And because I have no clue about how to play this game. Good thing I did that, I think!

1000+ - 3
500-1000 - 1
400-500 - 1
300-400 - 3
200-300 - 5
100-200 - 2
1-100 - 15
0 - 3

Go big or go home or in my case go big and go home :p

Nobody that's obviously going to be a unique pick but a couple that could be. Hopefully I'll get at least one, it's always more fun to follow rare picks.

Valv.Piti said:
Koronin said:
Valv.Piti said:
Squire said:
Valv.Piti said:

i DID change it! Its drastically different to the first team I submitted which had lots and lots of 200 and 300 pointers which I was a bit unsure about. And because I have no clue about how to play this game. Good thing I did that, I think!

It's the first time I'm attempting this game as well. No idea how good my team is going to be, but I have my team captain. LOL
Don't feel bad, I couldn't use the the document skidmark provided either. So I was keeping a running points tally with a calculator and rechecking a bunch of times to ensure I was under the points limit.

(Unfortunately we're also having internet issues here. Obviously can get to some websites since I'm here, but not other ones which includes my email.)