• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
fauniera said:
I've got 10 Italians. Seems to be a trend, and understandably so.

So the last year winner has 10 Italians and I have only six. Clearly, I must be doing something wrong :D

Maybe I can still change my team ... naaaah, screw it :D

>500: 4
300-500: 4
100-300: 9
<100: 16

5 South Americans, 1 African, the rest are all European (only 3 Italians though). No Aussies for the first time ever (even though there were plenty of tempting options), so I'm not expecting a flying start.

Hi guys, just an update - I'm swamped with messages here over the last day. I'm trying to get them as best I can with my limited and slow internet, but some of them I might not get to until a few hours to go before the revision deadline. Also, just glancing through my two full pages of inbox, it looks like there are a lot of people who sent revisions. I won't open those until after I've gotten to the new submissions - basically, if you made changes and it made your team over the limit, I won't get to it in time and you'll have to go with your last acceptable team. If I haven't gotten back to you directly, look at the second post of this thread for the most updated list of teams. I have gotten almost all the messages over 8 hours old, but might not get much past that today.

Anyway, looks like, from a quick count, we'll be at about 125-130 teams, so comparable to last year. Thanks everyone! Can't wait to start talking about it.

Re:

Geraint Too Fast said:
>
5 South Americans, 1 African, the rest are all European (only 3 Italians though). No Aussies for the first time ever (even though there were plenty of tempting options), so I'm not expecting a flying start.
My team is based on riders from Australia and USA. Lol. Would be interesting to compare our teams at the end of the season.

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Points distribution:

500-599: 2
200-499: 18
50-199: 9
0-49: 4

Teams:

Ag2r: 1
Astana: 2
Bahrain: 1
Bardiani: 1
Bora: 2
Burgos:
Dimension: 1
Jumbo: 1
Katusha: 1
Movistar: 4
QuickStep: 4
Scott: 3
Sky: 1
Soudal: 1
Sunweb: 2
Team EF: 2
Trek: 4
Verandas Willems: 1
Vital: 1

Nationalities:

Australia: 1
Belgium: 3
Britain: 2
Colombia: 2
Czech: 1
Estonia: 1
France: 2
Germany: 1
Italy: 8
Netherlands: 1
Norway: 1
Spain: 4
USA: 2
Denmark: 2
Portugal: 1
Ecuador: 1

A lot of Italians and just one Aussie for me.Most of my picks are in 200-400 range

skidmark said:
Hi guys, just an update - I'm swamped with messages here over the last day. I'm trying to get them as best I can with my limited and slow internet, but some of them I might not get to until a few hours to go before the revision deadline. Also, just glancing through my two full pages of inbox, it looks like there are a lot of people who sent revisions. I won't open those until after I've gotten to the new submissions - basically, if you made changes and it made your team over the limit, I won't get to it in time and you'll have to go with your last acceptable team. If I haven't gotten back to you directly, look at the second post of this thread for the most updated list of teams. I have gotten almost all the messages over 8 hours old, but might not get much past that today.

Anyway, looks like, from a quick count, we'll be at about 125-130 teams, so comparable to last year. Thanks everyone! Can't wait to start talking about it.

Thanks again for your work skids... 40 hours or so until first points.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have no clue whether my team will be good or not. At least without obvious 100% must have expensive picks the teams will be very diverse, which is always nice.

Also, something which I'd like to point out, even though it doesn't really bother me; if you post all those stats about your team, people can figure out some of the riders you picked or at least come to an educated guess about it. Considering we don't discuss picks in this thread, it might be possible to construe sharing those stats as problematic. Again, I'm personally not bothered by it, but you should be (and probably are) aware that people read this thread and try to deduce whatever they can from those stats to point them to potentially good picks they might have missed. For instance, if you don't have that many Italian and then you read this thread, you're going to double check to see if you didn't miss any Italian picks, aren't you? (At least I would, but I already had eight of them ;))

Ferminal said:
skidmark said:

Thanks again for your work skids... 40 hours or so until first points.
Did you double up on Porte?

Could be the first rider to clear 500. I still didn't pick him this time around.

I went with 2 1000+ guys and I'm wondering if that will be very rare for this edition... I am also very curious how rare a certain Italian rider will be.(he is my third most expensive guy) Can't wait for the team reveal!

Re:

Karaev1 said:
I went with 2 1000+ guys and I'm wondering if that will be very rare for this edition... I am also very curious how rare a certain Italian rider will be.(he is my third most expensive guy) Can't wait for the team reveal!

Name Points
PORTE Richie 1228
ALAPHILIPPE Julian 1011
MOSCON Gianni 864

Re:

Ferminal said:
Double up? Think I picked him 5 times lol :D

Hmmm 4. 2012, 2015*, 2017, 2018 IIRC.
Haha - good ***. I actually think he could be a good pick.

Karaev1 said:
I am also very curious how rare a certain Italian rider will be.(he is my third most expensive guy) Can't wait for the team reveal!
Interesting, indeed. I think Moscon will be quite popular, regardless of the UCI being on his ***. I think it's a risk many are willing to take.

Re: Re:

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Ferminal said:
Double up? Think I picked him 5 times lol :D

Hmmm 4. 2012, 2015*, 2017, 2018 IIRC.
Haha - good ****. I actually think he could be a good pick.

Karaev1 said:
I am also very curious how rare a certain Italian rider will be.(he is my third most expensive guy) Can't wait for the team reveal!
Interesting, indeed. I think Moscon will be quite popular, regardless of the UCI being on his ***. I think it's a risk many are willing to take.

I decided against this risk, perhaps unwisely

Ferminal said:
Karaev1 said:

Name Points
PORTE Richie 1228
ALAPHILIPPE Julian 1011
MOSCON Gianni 864

You got 2 right...

I guess the expensive GC guys all became potentially interesting picks in the presumed absence of the guy who hoovered up the GT points last year. I experimented with teams built around 2 of them, then eschewed that course because I wasn't confident enough of who would win in said absence.

@Armchair Cyclist, thanks for the pm. I already figured I couldn't send a pm yet here so went to velorooms a couple of days ago and submitted my team there. Thanks anyway, appreciate it! :)

Ferminal said:
Karaev1 said:

Name Points
PORTE Richie 1228
ALAPHILIPPE Julian 1011
MOSCON Gianni 864
Lol, thats probably pretty accurate. I have none of these guys.....

Re:

Netserk said:
Ala is the most solid of the three. Moscon's range is wide, he could explode.
Or not. I believe he has achieved all his goals last year and I am afraid there is not much space to grow left. He is the same type of rider as Tejay, and I hope he wont have the same fate, key point is not to have GT ambitions.

Stop it guys. We still haven't reached the deadline and you are already openly discussing which riders you took. It's really not the point of the game that everyone changes his team on the last day because he can read everywhere which riders he missed