• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2020 Olympic Time Trials (Men/Women) Race Thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will become the next Olympic time trial champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
am i the only one thinking the live gps tracking does more harm than good? especially because commentators engage with it and are forced to draw conclusions that seemingly change every 2 minutes?

It has some issues definitely. Especially if two riders at different spots are compared to the leader, and then conclusions between those two riders are drawn based on that.

With 5 intermediates, I would drop GPS.

...so in the end it WAS the 46 year old ex-doper that was the bigger American chance of a medal than the widely-regarded joint favourite. Maybe we're all overestimating her recovery from the knee injury, or maybe the hills were too much since she's been focusing primarily on the track so far this season, but we're so used to those American TT mayflies that it just seemed inevitable Chloe would medal.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
It has some issues definitely. Especially if two riders at different spots are compared to the leader, and then conclusions between those two riders are drawn based on that.

With 5 intermediates, I would drop GPS.
Some years ago at the WCTT they had several riders' GPS times on at the same time, but the reference rider was the first of them instead of the last of them, so they were measured at different points on the route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS