• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2021 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
About 19 hours to go until initial submission deadline! Note that after that, there will be a 24 hour period for revisions, so please do not reveal your team until after that second deadline has passed!

I have 62 teams so far... a bit lower volume of teams than I usually get with 2 days to go, so unless there is a total blitz of entries tomorrow we are looking at a relatively low number of entries. The game will always be fun, but I'd love to hit triple digits! Hope to get a bunch of entries coming through tomorrow. Thanks all who have participated so far!

My team also sent in now a few hours before the deadline to end my stress about it :) I have definetly no excuses of not spending time on it :) but as usual I ended up getting a bit unsecure about all my picks here the last day and ended up doing several changes to get the puzzle to fit, that I'll probably regret tomorrow. Very difficult this year with so many very good and obvious picks, but at the same time not that many absolutely certain picks and the added risk of cancellations, that hopefully wont decide too much. Good luck to everyone and thanks to Skidmark for organizing again!

Submission deadline is now! Remember not to publish your teams until the publication deadline 24 hours from now!!

The gap between the submission deadline and publication deadline was created to give people the chance to make corrections on their original squads, especially since many teams submit last minute and therefore won't be alerted to those issues until now. However, I do reserve the right to accept new submissions right up until the publication deadline. I do want as many people as possible to participate, so if you've missed the submission deadline you can still send me your team right up until when teams are published!

I've got a backlog of a couple of dozen messages, but indeed it looks like we'll have a smaller number of teams this year, likely in the 90s from our last few years of ~110. Probably to be expected in this weird year. But keep them coming in, please!

Just trying to get in a bit of compilation work for the popularity table so that I can put it up fairly soon after the deadline. I have been thinking in the leadup to this game that this year would be so wide open in terms of possible team building strategies due to the depressed 2020 scores, and thus far it appears to be the case.

I just entered the first 10 teams, and after 2 teams there were 20 picks that were picked by both teams; after 3 teams there were only 7 unanimous picks, after 5 teams there were 2, and after 6 teams there were none.

What's more, after 10 teams entered, only 2 riders costing more than 200 points were picked by 6 or more teams. The top end of teams will likely be full of a variety of riders, which I hope will make for exciting swings week to week. This is going to be fun!

Still waiting on two teams to make revisions to get below budget; I've gotta work for a few hours, but I'll get back at least an hour before deadline if there are any last minute issues.

Just trying to get in a bit of compilation work for the popularity table so that I can put it up fairly soon after the deadline. I have been thinking in the leadup to this game that this year would be so wide open in terms of possible team building strategies due to the depressed 2020 scores, and thus far it appears to be the case.

I just entered the first 10 teams, and after 2 teams there were 20 picks that were picked by both teams; after 3 teams there were only 7 unanimous picks, after 5 teams there were 2, and after 6 teams there were none.

What's more, after 10 teams entered, only 2 riders costing more than 200 points were picked by 6 or more teams. The top end of teams will likely be full of a variety of riders, which I hope will make for exciting swings week to week. This is going to be fun!

Still waiting on two teams to make revisions to get below budget; I've gotta work for a few hours, but I'll get back at least an hour before deadline if there are any last minute issues.

A shame there'll be a slight reduction in the number of particpants. I forgot about the deadline till Wednesday and I love this game! So easy to lose track of days/dates in this interminable lockdown haze. I'm sure that's the main reason, rather than a lack of enthusiasm.

Those popularity numbers you've quoted seem insane. This years game looks like it's going to be an incredible rollercoaster. I'm already extremely nervous about seeing the blindingly obvious picks I've missed. And an ominous feeling that I've made my usual mistake of being too conservative

A shame there'll be a slight reduction in the number of particpants. I forgot about the deadline till Wednesday and I love this game! So easy to lose track of days/dates in this interminable lockdown haze. I'm sure that's the main reason, rather than a lack of enthusiasm.

Those popularity numbers you've quoted seem insane. This years game looks like it's going to be an incredible rollercoaster. I'm already extremely nervous about seeing the blindingly obvious picks I've missed. And an ominous feeling that I've made my usual mistake of being too conservative

Yeah, it's too bad it'll be a bit smaller, but 90+ participants is still a pretty good amount! I also normally post a reminder on the road cycling forum, but I fell prey to losing track of days until it felt too late to post that reminder. Also, it seems like participation from VeloRooms is down, I think their site being down for a few weeks around the end of the season might have lost a few folks that will maybe come back around once the season starts.

Either way, I'm as excited for the reveal as ever! I'm not really able to process who's being picked as I'm confirming teams, it's only when I do the popularity table, so I'm getting a brief sneak preview but can't wait to discuss. Just made it to 20 teams - 3 riders at 18/20 teams, only one rider above 200 point cost picked by more than 12 teams.

TRENDING THREADS