• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2021 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 8, 2021
Visit site
Skidmark, I have been wondering a bit about the names of some of the youngsters, mostly. Maybe I made some mistakes there. I already suspected that, and since Javier Romo scored his first 5 points this week, I checked... and
he did not score any in your table, probably because I used his PCS name, whereas on cqranking he's Romo Oliver Javier. I also have Juan Ayuso instead of Ayuso Pesquera Juan, Harold Tejada instead of Tejada Canacue Harold Alfonso :(... Since according to the pop table 5 people have Juan Ayuso I'm probably not the only one. Is there a way to sort this out?
I made a similar mistake! I spelled “VANSEVENANT Mauri” as “RIES Michel”.

It's always a good week when your team is mentioned in the update. Now it's on Gaudu/McNulty/Kruijswijk/Latour to maintain the momentum in Paris-Nice. Higuita/Pinot/Bernal/Bardet/Sivakov on deck for the Tirreno GC. It's going to feel so weird going back to anxiously waiting for the result of middling sprinting prospects in some random french cup race next year.

Reactions: postmanhat
With 12 riders in both Paris-Nice and Tirreno I would normally expect to have a great week, but this year I guess there are teams with even more? At least all my riders are still in the race in France. No one lost time today in Tirreno. And Sagan looked in decent shape after Covid. So still hopeful.

Skidmark, I have been wondering a bit about the names of some of the youngsters, mostly. Maybe I made some mistakes there. I already suspected that, and since Javier Romo scored his first 5 points this week, I checked... and
he did not score any in your table, probably because I used his PCS name, whereas on cqranking he's Romo Oliver Javier. I also have Juan Ayuso instead of Ayuso Pesquera Juan, Harold Tejada instead of Tejada Canacue Harold Alfonso :(... Since according to the pop table 5 people have Juan Ayuso I'm probably not the only one. Is there a way to sort this out?

Yeah no problem, if it's obviously the same rider then I'll just change it and you'll get the points, unless of course it puts your team over the limit in which case that rider will be removed. It's always the zero and close to zero point riders that I miss, as there's never a suspiciously undervalued total score to tip me off (the difference between 7488 and 7473 is not one to cause alarm). And to be honest, although I'm thorough and detail oriented in a lot of ways, looking over lists is one area I am not that detail oriented. I'm always grateful to Armchair Cyclist for picking up on so many of those misspellings and pointing them out to me. I'll dig through the file this week and make some of those changes. I thought I had made the "Lauruens" De Plus change already, but I wonder if I did that in a sheet that I was still adding teams to and then used another version and lost my changes. Oh well, hopefully those issues will clear up soon and not be a problem the rest of the year.

Just as a tip for folks in the future, the names do differ sometimes between PCS and CQ, and as this is the CQ manager game I'd encourage you to use the CQ names. I'd encourage you even more to use the 'create your team' spreadsheet that is provided to double check your team before sending it in. It won't alert you if the zero pointers are spelled incorrectly but is good for everyone else.

Can't wait for Catalunya and Basque Country - I desperately need them to happen! No abbrevation guys, who are supposed to be classic's riders and who steal my men the points. Instead, so far, Gallopin, Kuss, Kruiswijk, Kämna, L Hamilton, Froome, Arensman, Tejada, Hirschi for Catalunya, and Higuita, Schachmann, Latour, non-Harper, Mollema, Vansevenant, Hirschi, Buchmann for the rainy country. If these races happen and these guys get to the end, I will do this

8%20.jpg

in public.

Jorgenson looks like a great pick! I know you only took him because he rides with Valverde, but still a nice pick.

Not entirely. I thought he was showing some promise in the one day races he raced last year, plus he was on the Movistar's short list for both the Giro and Vuelta last season even though he didn't end up on either team.

Well, now its Valverde rides with Jorgenson...

It is appearing that way. Interestingly enough Jorgenson is hoping to develop the kind of consistency that Valverde had. Although he doesn't expect the kind of wins, but is hoping for that consistency for good results.

Update #7: Jakob747 has a Nice week

We are in full swing here, with Paris-Nice offering top level WT stage race points and T-A doing the same for a few stages at least. The scores aren't quite at the heights of the busy last few weeks, but still quite solid.

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Jakob747623
2Otoxiep87608
3BlueRoads601
4laarsland599
5Koronin551

After leading for much of last year before bad injury luck towards the end of the season, Jakob747 makes an appearance at the top for the first time this year. Leading the way for Jakob is an rare, expensive pick that is a young rider with high upside (which, if you've been here for a few CQ games, is very on brand for Jakob's team) - Alexsandr Vlasov netted 205 points for 9 teams with what ended up being 2nd place in P-N after Roglic's shocking Sunday. Also looking good is the 155 from Lucas Hamilton (16 teams), 82 from Laporte and 61 from Bissegger. In 2nd is a familiar name - Otoxiep87 scores a remarkable third week in a row in the top 2 (and was 7th the week before that run started). Vlasov is to thank for that as well, and as one of the two owners of Pogacar, this upcoming week is looking pretty good too. BlueRoads clears 600 on the back of 314 points from the rare Schachmann (2 teams) and Hamilton helping out too.

This Week's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1Galpedal(+23)
1Jakob747(+23)
3BlueRoads(+21)
4laarsland(+19)
5Eyeballs Out(+17)

Jakob does the double, although this time the spotlight is shared with Galpedal, who didn't show up on the last ranking. Vlasov and van Aert were the key movers for Galpedal there. BlueRoads repeats in third.

Green Jersey Comptetition

Otoxiep87's rampage continues through this ranking, as Hugo's giant lead from a couple of weeks ago has evaporated. Only Otoxiep87 scored any points this week of the top 5 on this ranking.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)3226
2(-)Northerner2759
3(-)Hugo Koblet2733
4(+6)Fivezzz2710
5(-1)Object2605
6(+1)SafeBet2598
7(-2)Jon_Ezeitza2592
8(-2)manafana2587
9(+11)MADRAZO2548
10(+9)rote_laterne2521

...and indeed, Otoxiep87 sees their team lead stretched in the overall to nearly 500 points. That's what happens when you get 2nd on the week after already being in the lead, and as mentioned above, Pogacar is going to ensure this week goes decently at the very least. Northerner and Hugo manage to hold onto the podium spots, and lower down MADRAZO and rote laterne get into the top 10 while trackstand and Nakazar fall out.

spreadsheet at dropbox

With Vlasov being my biggest hitter (no Roglic, Pogacar, VDP, Alaphilippe, Van Aert here), I have to enjoy my 4th place (personal record) while it lasts.

Future doesn't look too bright though with Pinot, Sagan and Thomas barely scoring any points so far.

Yeah no problem, if it's obviously the same rider then I'll just change it and you'll get the points, unless of course it puts your team over the limit in which case that rider will be removed. It's always the zero and close to zero point riders that I miss, as there's never a suspiciously undervalued total score to tip me off (the difference between 7488 and 7473 is not one to cause alarm). And to be honest, although I'm thorough and detail oriented in a lot of ways, looking over lists is one area I am not that detail oriented. I'm always grateful to Armchair Cyclist for picking up on so many of those misspellings and pointing them out to me. I'll dig through the file this week and make some of those changes. I thought I had made the "Lauruens" De Plus change already, but I wonder if I did that in a sheet that I was still adding teams to and then used another version and lost my changes. Oh well, hopefully those issues will clear up soon and not be a problem the rest of the year.

Just as a tip for folks in the future, the names do differ sometimes between PCS and CQ, and as this is the CQ manager game I'd encourage you to use the CQ names. I'd encourage you even more to use the 'create your team' spreadsheet that is provided to double check your team before sending it in. It won't alert you if the zero pointers are spelled incorrectly but is good for everyone else.

I use PCS, but always go find the rider in CQ they will be by Dec in nearly all cases even if they are a 0pt. i then copy and paste the name in CQ into the sheet for the 0pt. For any others i always use the excel sheet to create my shortlist.

Well, some disappointment at T-A with my third most expensive rider (Higuita) plummeting down the standings in the cold. Oh well, Izagirre being my second rarest rider did well for me this week.

This week there's a whole bunch of different stuff.

Nokere Koerse

Marc Sarreau
Sep Vanmarcke
Andreas Leknessund? really?
Timothy Dupont
Chris Lawless

Go Timmy D! Vanmarcke can score some points here too but much more popular. Not sure about Sarreau, that uphill cobbled finish is not easy. Lawless looks either under or over trained, he was cooked in Paris Nice :\

Koksijde

Leknessund again
Tom Pidcock
Matteo Moschetti
Timothy Dupont

uhhh... go Timmy D! I mean, Pidcock is skilled but everyone knows it... maybe Moschetti can get to the end of a race like this? I haven't seen evidence of it so far, but one can hope.

Milan San Remo (startlist incomplete)

Alexander Kristoff
Matteo Trentin
Oliver Naesen
Greg Van Avermaet
Amund Jansen
Christophe Laporte
Elia Viviani
Pavel Sivakov
Sergio Higuita
Romain Bardet

Well several of these guys can fill out the spots directly behind MvdP and WvA... Higuita is a fun wild card possibility. Don't sleep on Laporte - he looks real explosive up the hills this year so if he can hold that explosivity for 280km I could see him getting as high as a podium if there was a situation with like a 25 rider peloton. But then again, I just looked at his CQ page and he's been pretty invisible in that race so who knows. MSR will be fun to watch!

I shall be happy with a 3rd and 11th at T-A with Landa and Soler. It could have been worse.

Nokere Koerse
Ian Garrison

Koksijde
Ian Garrison
Carlos Rodriguez

Not exactly expecting anything. So Go Ian and Carlos?

Milan-San Remo (preliminary starting line up and subject to change)

Fernando Gairia
Sonny Colbrelli
Sergio Higuita

TRENDING THREADS