• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2022 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
OK, so if we do %age of winning score averaged out over completed entries, and apply the same filter of at least 3 (completed) years in the game, we get a top ten of:
1Cykeltyven91.13
2skidmark88.611
3TheArt88.03
4Ruvu7587.86
5The Hitch87.25
6Kryvo86.83
7tobydawq86.53
8SafeBet86.45
9Nyssinator86.26
10fauniera86.07

Reactions: tobydawq
Bang average week for me .... good: Rodriguez, Higuita, Jakobsen. Gaviria gets covid, Ayuso out too, Storer and Sagan fannying about.

Not sure of what to expect this week. Looking forward to seeing how Padun shapes up at Camino. Can't wait for the first classic weekend, though it's anyone's guess who'll turn up with serious intent to win. Jakobsen again probably.

Update #6: Remco's powers bring ray flowers

Ahh yes, this week is what a fully buzzing week in the CQ game feels like. As always, the tantalizing buildup to the start of the season and glimpses of early season form from CQ team picks brings a lot of interest to the first weeks of the game, and we are now reaching the equilibrium where the amount of racing makes it harder to overly obsess about a single result. With stage races in three countries and two continents, we're past mid-February and getting into the WorldTour season itself. Let's see how the week went!

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1ray10729
2Blues_in_the_bottle*714
3JPettersen701
4repre676
5Rakim673

It was quite the week for ray10, as their team gets the highest weekly score so far this year and ends up with the top step of the podium (where they give you flowers, get it? Okay it's not the first time I've committed to pushing it for the sake of bad wordplay) Leading the way for ray is the new leader of the year CQ rankings, Remco Evenepoel, coming back from his extremely disappointing second place last week to completely mop up in the TT of Algarve and run away with 186 points for his 35 owners. But that alone won't do it on a week like this - ray10 is also benefitting from the red-hot start of rare pick Brandon McNulty, who picked up another 128 points this week for his 8 teams. ray10 had solid support from Lennard Kamna (66 points, 73 teams), Mauri Vansevenant (63 points, 12 teams) and unique pick Kevin Colleoni (61 points). Blues in the bottle nabs second place led by Remco, with strong support from Lopez (112 points, 52 points), Kamna, and Jakobsen (58 points, 39 teams). JPettersen gets the last podium spot, with a similar look with Remco, Lopez and Dani Martinez (110 points, 33 teams).

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1ray1080
2EvansIsTheBest76
2Jakob74776
4repre73
5laarsland59

ray10 gets on top here too, getting 45 points for the weekly win to go with 35 points a few weeks ago for 2nd place for a total of 80 in this classification. EvansIsTheBest gets a single point for tying for 15th place on the week (solo possession of 15th is 2 points) to draw even with Jakob747, who if you recall was just ahead last week.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)1738
2(+7)ray101547
3(-1)laarsland1449
4(+13)Nyssinator1430
5(-)search1399
6(+9)comodoro1384
7(-3)vladimir1371
8(+6)Crevaison1360
8(+23)repre1360
10(+22)Berflamand1347

ray10 can't make it a triple though, as EITB had enough of a lead and a good week to boot, and therefore holds onto the top step of the overall podium, by a fairly convincing margin at this early stage of the game. While ray10 and laarsland round out the podium, lower down in the top 10 there is the appropriate amount of movement to reflect the high scores of the week and the chaotic fluctuations of the early season.

This week the UAE Tour is the main event all week, although there is a new 2.1 race in Spain that seems fun. And then... it's Opening Weekend! Whew, racing in Belgium is yet another step towards feeling like the season is really on! The counterprogramming of the less prestigious (but still lots of CQ points) races in France is just a bonus. See you all on the other side!

spreadsheet at dropbox

I'm pretty sure Ben Turner scored 10 points this week for me and not 0, CQ have changed his name to Benjamin so that must have messed something up in the spreadsheet?

Oh yeah! I was alerted to that name change just before I posted the update and made a manual change in the spreadsheet just before I posted the update... but I just realized I didn't hit save on the file, so the version you must have looked at didn't reflect that change, haha. Well, it should be good now, I hit save.

Here's my week:

UAE Tour

Bob Jungels
Clement Berthet
Jai Hindley
Tom Dumoulin
Olav Kooij
Kaden Groves

I've got modest hopes, let's say. Dumoulin is maybe my best chance at points but also one of the most popular riders in the game. Hindley is not the leader on his own team, Groves is not the sprinter on his own team, and Kooij is promising but 4th yesterday is probably the best he can hope for against such a deep field. Jungels just got 25th in the ITT, which is better than anything he did last year, so there's that!

Gran Camino

Alberto Bettiol
Ivan Sosa

Go Sosa! Let's get some consistency.

Omloop

Oliver Naesen
Tom Pidcock
Anders Halland Johannessen

Wow. Uh, moving on...

Faun Ardeche

Tobias Foss
Juan Ayuso
Lennard Kamna
Cian Uijtdebroeks
also Anders Halland Johannessen?

Okay, slightly better. Foss was looking good in Algarve.

Kuurne I've got Caleb Ewan and Matt Walls as well, so maybe something there. And for Drome I've got Andrea Bagioli and Thibaut Pinot in addition to the above. So Sunday might be a better day for me.

Lot's of races this week. My line up is similar to Skidmark, but let's see if i have any good surprises:
UAE Tour

Bob Jungels
Thymen Arensman
Jai Hindley
Tom Dumoulin
Sacha Modolo
Kaden Groves
Lucas Plapp

I've got modest hopes, let's say. Dumoulin is maybe my best chance at points but also one of the most popular riders in the game. Hindley is not the leader on his own team, Groves is not the sprinter on his own team, and Modolo still sucks. Jungels just got 25th in the ITT, which is better than anything he did last year, so there's that! I thought Plapp would be better at the ITT. I know Arensman is supposed to be good, but i forget at what. Apparently not the ITT.

Gran Camino

Hugh Carthy
Jack Squat

Likely just a warm up for Hugh. My rare pick that should have stayed rare.

Omloop/Kuurne

Tom Pidcock
Soren Kragh Andersen

Throw in Ewan and Jacobsen for Kuurne and maybe it won't be a bad opening weekend.
Could be a couple of top 10's there.

Faun Ardeche/Drome

Tobias Foss
Juan Ayuso
Lennard Kamna
Cian Uijtdebroeks

I'm not sure what to expect, but am hopeful.

Reactions: Rufs
I've got modest hopes, let's say. Dumoulin is maybe my best chance at points but also one of the most popular riders in the game. Hindley is not the leader on his own team, Groves is not the sprinter on his own team, and Modolo still sucks. Jungels just got 25th in the ITT, which is better than anything he did last year, so there's that! I thought Plapp would be better at the ITT. I know Arensman is supposed to be good, but i forget at what. Apparently not the ITT.
:D don't be so negative!
Plapp had to ride the ITT on a road bike because he crashed on his TT bike right before the race started.

And Arensman is Arensman, he will find ways to disappoint you for months only to show again his promise at the end of the year and convince you to pick him again.

Reactions: postmanhat and Rufs
Oof. Despite having Evenepoel and Lopez, came 62nd this week and move down 6 places to 71st. Pretty much nothing else happening with the rest of my team at the moment.

Good news for those of this with Lopez, as he's added Tirreno to his schedule. Demonstrating his commitment to the sport by riding one race a month prior to The Giro .

Also, I can't find one good reason for Bettiol to ride Gran Camino instead of the opening weekend or even the French semi-classics.
Hopefully PCS is wrong about it.

He hasnt raced in about 2 weeks since Bessèges. Maybe he feels 4 days of racing is better preparation, than opening weekend, before Strade.

The first stage in Gran Camino could end in a smaller group or a break could take it. Will a team really be able to control it and make it a bunch sprint here? Then there is a steep finish in the second stage. Might be too steep for him? It is not too long though. The final stage is 15km ITT. Could suit him pretty good.

Super-optimistic take, I know, because I also have him.

Also, it doesnt seem like he has ever ridden Omloop and only K-B-K twice. Ending in DNF and 67th.

Last edited:
Reactions: postmanhat
Here I was sure of a mediocre week (which well I was 25th for the week, so that part was correct), however I moved up to just outside the top 10. As I expected to slide down the list it took awhile to find my name. LOL

I now have 4 riders in profit (all of whom came into profit this week), plus 2 0 pointers with points.

Next can we give Gaviria something to prevent him from getting Covid for a 4th time?

I'm glad that the most popular pick I have on my team is Kamna as it's definitely better to have him than not at this point.

Reactions: postmanhat

TRENDING THREADS