• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2022 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Week 17- Shalgo wins the week with Oliver Naesen while Evan is the Best loses minimal ground in the overall

I'm back with another update, with the Giro starting this week, but the more relevant forms of scoring to this game at least this week in Dunkirk, with 6 stages and overall wrapped up.

Weekly Standings

Not a very relevant week to the game, but still points to be had. shalgo wins with Oliver Naesen and his 125 points. They also benefited from Biniam Girmay's second place finish on top of Visegrad in the opening stage of the Corsa Rosa. The Corsa Rosa will be more relevant, but not this week!

In second place, SafeBet relies on Jake Stewart and his 102 points along with Biniam Girmay's 55 points. The top five relied on Naesen and Stewart, with shalgo and Salvarani having Naesen and the other three having Stewart and their overall classification points to catapult them up the weekly rankings.

Green Jersey
No big change in the top 5, as none of the top 5 or 10 scored any points this week. This will likely change with the advent of the Giro.

Overall Standings
1EvansIsTheBest689716999
2ray10661026733
3squire657736663
4Nakazar639556491
5search646246483
6MADRAZO628966375
7Lortnoc620176297
8NielsB6036126225
9laarsland6061106214
10Kazistuta608496170
Despite ray10 having a better week, it was minimal gains on EvanIsTheBest. Nakazar continue to climb, jumping ove search to get to fourth. In the back half of the top 10, NielsB jumps four spots to climb into the top ten, while laarsland and Kazistuta switch places.

The Giro D'Italia continues this week, with the Etna and Blockhaus MTF's to look forward to, while in other races, a series of .Pro events are taking place in France that offer up their fair share of points.

As last week, let me know if there is any problem with the spreadsheet, and have a great day!

Reactions: postmanhat
I have a decent amount of riders at the Giro (Kämna, Hindley, Buchmann, Dumoulin, MAL, Gall, Ciccone, Valverde, Ponomar, Diego Rosa & Modolo), so the Giro should actually go rather well.
Einer Rubio could actually end up winning the gc in the Tour de Hongrie, given the fact that the field is rather weak, that would help me a lot.

Update 18- vsd88 wins the week while ray10 inches closer to the overall lead
Hi again, for this week's update, delayed due to my Monday energy levels. This week we had the Giro's first two mountain finishes which are bound to pick up points, but we had a key dropout in regards to this game with Miguel Angel Lopez leaving on the Etna stage due to injury. In other happenings, the Tour of Hongrie took place this week, so people could earn points there as well.
Weekly Rankings

Our top two had almost identical teams in regards to point scoring this week, with Eddie Dunbar's 120 points from overall at Hongrie taking the charge. Lennard Kamna also contributes 77 points to their and most teams' total and same for Jai Hindley's 70 points. The difference for them lay in their mid-range picks, with Fabio Jakobsen outscoring Biniam Girmay this week. ray10 has Kamna as well as Juan Pedro Lopez's outstanding 148 points due to pink jersey bonuses and 2nd on Etna, inching closer to the lead. Fivezzz used Jakobsen, De Lie, Jake Stewart, and Kamna to get 4th this week, while Devils_Elbow took advantage of Hindley, Jakobsen, and rare pick Edoardo Zambanini and his 56 points to catapult him to fifth.
Green Jersey
The gap grows larger in the Green Jersey competition, with ray10 using his strong Giro team to get ahead of EvanIsTheBest. vsd88 won the week in the Green Jersey competition while shalgo followed up his win with a second place this week, which he can attribute to having Dunbar, Kamna, and Hindley.
Overall Competition
1EvansIsTheBest699917398
2ray10673327188
3squire666337081
4Nakazar649146842
5MADRAZO637566767
search648356723
7Lortnoc629776651
8NielsB622586625
9laarsland621496564
10Popularity Team5992176460
ray10 inches ever closer to EvanIsTheBest, a measly 266 points separating them. Otherwise, the big movers of the week is the Popularity team, jumping seven spots, with many popular riders scoring this week, and MADRAZO and search swapped spots from last week.

Looking ahead, the Giro surges on in the second week, with some minor French races to be had on the weekend.

As always let me know if something is wrong in the spreadsheet, and have a great day!

Nice, first top-5 on the week this year, ironically in a week where my highest-scoring rider is the most popular pick in the game and didn't manage triple digits. I'd like to give myself credit for a rare pick in Zambanini getting me there, but in reality...
ZAMBANINI Edoardo (21) - he and Turner entered my team instead of Clément Davy and Vinicius Rangel to get within 7500 points. Bahrain have been after him for a while, I'll trust their judgement.
...he was half of a cost-cutting measure within the final 50 points of my team that's gained me almost 300 points by now. Doesn't quite make up for passing on De Lie, but that's still a ridiculously lucky break.

If Vermeersch hadn't pucntured in the last 10k of Tro Bro Leon while in the leading group then I would have felt a lot better about my week. Still he actually did stuff so progress I guess. Not sure why Kooij stopped in the middle of the Tour de Hongrie, he was doing a great job of picking up stage points. At least Battistella picked up some easy GC points.

Hindley is my last remaining GC hope in Italy but maybe Girmay, Kamna or Ewan can sneak in a stage win or two before the end.

It was a nice surprise to follow up on a first-place week with second place this week. Despite these successes, my team moved up only a total of 14 places over the two weeks; it is definitely harder to make a big jump by this point in the season.

Something is wrong with the green jersey points in the Excel file. My team got 28 points in week 1, 4 in week 3, 45 in week 17, and 35 in week 18 (a total of 112), but is listed as having only 80 points in total. The early weeks are compressed on that page in the workbook and don't seem to be reflected in the totals for some teams.

It was a nice surprise to follow up on a first-place week with second place this week. Despite these successes, my team moved up only a total of 14 places over the two weeks; it is definitely harder to make a big jump by this point in the season.

Something is wrong with the green jersey points in the Excel file. My team got 28 points in week 1, 4 in week 3, 45 in week 17, and 35 in week 18 (a total of 112), but is listed as having only 80 points in total. The early weeks are compressed on that page in the workbook and don't seem to be reflected in the totals for some teams.
Thanks, I’ll take a look, it just didn’t show up for you on the spreadsheet, for sure will fix soon though.

Hopefully Buitrago and Vermeersch have done enough today to hold ray10 at bay for another week. I'm guessing the Landa teams near the top will overtake my team when the GC points are distributed so I'll enjoy it while it lasts and at least next week Girmay won't get attacked by a prosecco bottle so there's that to look forward to.

Hopefully Buitrago and Vermeersch have done enough today to hold ray10 at bay for another week. I'm guessing the Landa teams near the top will overtake my team when the GC points are distributed so I'll enjoy it while it lasts and at least next week Girmay won't get attacked by a prosecco bottle so there's that to look forward to.
Mine is a Landa team (pls no jinx!!), but I'm not sure I'm able to move from my 3rd place. Been stuck there every week now since early March. Already in late March, skidmark called me remarkably consistent in 3rd. People have been moving past me both ways, but I've been rooted. I think I was similarly stuck in 4th a couple of years back, so at least it's an improvement on that!

I'm also thinking that a lot of people here must have frustratingly bad seasons for me to be in 3rd. From my four most expensive picks, three (Pidcock, Moscon & Lopez) have been disasters so far. And despite getting good results, Jakobsen hasn't scored that many points either (f.ex. Kristoff has twice the amount). Most other people do at least have 900 or so Remco points. Imagine if I had picked him instead of Pidcock and Moscon. Except Martinez and De Lie, who are both doing great, I don't feel like I have that many other successful picks either.

Mine is a Landa team (pls no jinx!!), but I'm not sure I'm able to move from my 3rd place. Been stuck there every week now since early March. Already in late March, skidmark called me remarkably consistent in 3rd. People have been moving past me both ways, but I've been rooted. I think I was similarly stuck in 4th a couple of years back, so at least it's an improvement on that!

I'm also thinking that a lot of people here must have frustratingly bad seasons for me to be in 3rd. From my four most expensive picks, three (Pidcock, Moscon & Lopez) have been disasters so far. And despite getting good results, Jakobsen hasn't scored that many points either (f.ex. Kristoff has twice the amount). Most other people do at least have 900 or so Remco points. Imagine if I had picked him instead of Pidcock and Moscon. Except Martinez and De Lie, who are both doing great, I don't feel like I have that many other successful picks either.
It's actually weird that ray10 and my team are like the only Evenepoel teams in the top 10-15 when like you said he's performed so much better than the other popular expensive picks.

You're nearly breaking even at the end of may with two of the top GC contenders in the Giro, I'd say it's more than just Martinez and De Lie.

TRENDING THREADS