• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2023 Amy Pieters Trofee (Prediction Game WE)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the third edition of this game.
I sincerely apologise to all of you, as well as to Amy Pieters, for having been an absolutely horrible gamemaster, which you obviously didn't deserve.

Now that @Armchair cyclist has launched a full season CQ based game, and also in light of the fact that the men's prediction game hasn't been around for two years, my game has become somewhat superfluous. However, I haven't decided whether or not, I'll be hosting a reworked 2024 edition yet.

But for now, you're probably more interested in getting to know how the 2023 game turned out, so let's move on to that.

TdFF
Bminchow: 5
PK: 5
RhD: 5
Yaco: 4.5
DKO: 4.5
LS: 4
Samu: 4
Gwbert: 4
JV: No entry

WC ITT
DKO: 3
Yaco: 3
Bminchow: 2
Gwbert: 0
LS: 0
PK: 0
RhD: 0
Samu: 0
JV: No entry

WC RR
PK: 4
Yaco: 3
DKO: 2
LS: 2
RhD: 2
Samu: 0
Bminchow + JV: No entries

Tour of Scandinavia
Bminchow: 6
Gwbert: 6
JV: 6
LS: 6
PK: 4.5
Samu: 4
DKO: 3.5
RhD: 3.5
Yaco: 1

Classic Lorient Agglomération
Everyone: 0 points (best picked rider was Balsamo in 13th place)

Tour de Romandie
Bminchow: 3.5
LS: 3.5
JV: 3
RhD: 2.5
Yaco: 2
DKO: 1.5
Samu: 1
PK: No entry

WWT Rankings
Gwbert: 3
LS: 3
BR2: 2
DKO: 2
PK: 2
RhD: 2
Samu: 2
JV: 1
Yaco: 0
Bminchow: 0

Final standings
@Dk one 67.5
@Gwbert 64
@Põhja Konn 63.5
@Libertine Seguros 61.5
@RedheadDane 59.5
@yaco 56.5
@Jumbo Visma Fan :) 45
@Samu Cuenca 37
@bminchow 34
@BR2 34

6d7f424b-d482-4b3e-a919-7ab4178d1e6b.jpg

So once again, it's @Dk one who reigns surpreme. A huge congratulation is in order, after a dominating performance throughout most of the season

Just like last year, @Põhja Konn made a costly mistake, this time it was forgetting to submit riders for Romandie, although it might have been deliberate in order to avoid another second place :p
Instead it was @Gwbert who finished runner up after an impressive sprint during the last races.

Now that @Armchair cyclist has launched a full season CQ based game, and also in light of the fact that the men's prediction game hasn't been around for two years, my game has become somewhat superfluous. However, I haven't decided whether or not, I'll be hosting a reworked 2024 edition yet.
For those who have not yet been exposed to my liberal casting of prompts and links, the game thread is here.