• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Aqua Blue Sport thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

samhocking said:
Was more about I'm suprised UCI issue the teams licence before payment for it and Anti-doping fees.
However, in the email to team personnel today Timmerman expressed his disappointment that some of the details around salary payment delays have emerged in the media.
“People need to realise that solving issues is not done through media, but by discussing, looking at facts and finding solutions. I truly hope I have clarified the facts and the current situation! In this type of environment, I can and will no longer work.
I will therefore with immediate effect stop working for Aqua Blue Sport. Therefore, consider this my last email to you all.
I wish you the best of luck in sorting things out together… UCI, riders and staff. No need to further contact me, as I will not be able to be of any assistance.”

No mention of not yet having paid for their licence and anti-doping fees.

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/aqua-blue-sport-salaries/

Re:

IndianCyclist said:
Given there is a breach of contract by one of your colleagues for slander and breach of confidentiality, legal proceedings are being pursued against this individual.
Holy cow, the thieves have started arresting the cops :lol: And they have the money for that
No need to further contact me, as I will not be able to be of any assistance
Another modern day Pontius Pilate
Nice of Aqua Blue to publicly reveal the salaries of the riders,
screen_shot_2018_11_13_at_11.18.49_670.png

What was the comment about breach of confidentiality again?

CN Link

Re: Re:

search said:
fmk_RoI said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Isn’t “Rider N” on less than the PCT minimum wage?
Brammeier retired in August, so he's probably B. Dunbar signed for Sky immediately, they could be splitting the salary.

or the other way around. You are required to have at least 16 riders as a PCT team, so maybe they kept him on the payroll to fulfill that criteria.
Good point, well made :)

I think there should be some credit for Timmerman. He's the Dutch CEO of Dutch Breweries (Orangeboom etc) so it would have been easy for him to just walk-away a long time ago, he has a very well paid day job anyway. I guess Timmerman entered the team pretty late this year in order to help negotiate with Sniper Cycling, but assume he's bought Aqua Blue infrastructure perhaps and so handled the paperwork side once Delaney walked out. Interesting that the team was funded out of Delaney's own pocket in the end, although isn't most teams lol!

Re:

samhocking said:
I think there should be some credit for Timmerman. He's the Dutch CEO of Dutch Breweries (Orangeboom etc) so it would have been easy for him to just walk-away a long time ago
A long time ago Sam? His appointment was announced in August. Which is hardly a long time ago. And he was announced as ex-CEO of United Dutch Breweries. Do you have an allergy to facts or are you just so used to bluffing and blustering your way through things that you just don't care?

fmk_RoI said:
samhocking said:
I think there should be some credit for Timmerman. He's the Dutch CEO of Dutch Breweries (Orangeboom etc) so it would have been easy for him to just walk-away a long time ago
A long time ago Sam? His appointment was announced in August. Which is hardly a long time ago. And he was announced as ex-CEO of United Dutch Breweries. Do you have an allergy to facts or are you just so used to bluffing and blustering your way through things that you just don't care?

I hate to butt in or take sides but I think you are reading far more into the comment than you should

Midnightfright said:
fmk_RoI said:
samhocking said:

I hate to butt in or take sides but I think you are reading far more into the comment than you should
Yeah, I get you, looking for truth in one of Sam's posts is a silly idea...

TRENDING THREADS