The Best Cyclist Of the Last 5 Years.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is the best cyclist of the last 5 years?

  • other

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
  • Poll closed .
Shame this thread is ridiculed because the op only put in 2 riders? COuld be a serious thread if we add Gilbert boonen, Evans, valverde cavendish and Gesink (so the dutchies can vote)

ANyway for me this was alwasy between Cancellara and Contador. FOr a while especially after his epic 2010 season and while he was riding away from everyone on e3 and then rvv in 2011, i thought Cancellara.

But the more i think about it now the clearer the answer shines - The Great One
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
The Hitch said:
Shame this thread is ridiculed because the op only put in 2 riders? COuld be a serious thread if we add Gilbert boonen, Evans, valverde cavendish and Gesink (so the dutchies can vote)

ANyway for me this was alwasy between Cancellara and Contador. FOr a while especially after his epic 2010 season and while he was riding away from everyone on e3 and then rvv in 2011, i thought Cancellara.

But the more i think about it now the clearer the answer shines - The Great One
I was doubting in putting Gilbert and Boonen in the poll but for me Canc and alberto were just the obvious choices.

Didn't think anyone would question that. But oh boy I was wrong lol
 

LauraLyn

BANNED
Jul 13, 2012
594
0
0
ebandit said:
worst poll ever.............no option for either my dog or myself
Sorry ebandit, but your dog wasn't interested in the slightest. And even if you were in the running, I'd still have to vote for Marianne Vos - though indeed it would have been a tough choice.
 
Jul 24, 2011
468
0
0
LauraLyn said:
I vote with Falken: Marianne Vos

In the next few years she will likely show herself to be the best cyclist of all time. She beats Contador and Cancellara hands down.

Some commentators compare her to Eddy Merckx. As a rider, perhaps. But as a person, she comes across as being a class higher than that legend.
my girlfriend is considered by some to be a better qb than Peyton Manning. she has a plush chicken and throws her around marvellously!
 
Boonen:
7 monument victories, and is shared record holder of the two cobbles ones.
WC
Have won the green jersey in TdF, and worn the yellow.
MANY (semi-)classic victories.
Most impressive victories in one year: E-3, RVV, PR and WC

Canc:
4 monument victories, though in 3 different.
4*ITT WC
The active rider with most days in the yellow jersey (?)
Some (semi-) classic victories
Most impressive victories in one year: E-3, RVV, PR and ITT WC

Winner: Boonen
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Netserk said:
Boonen:
7 monument victories, and is shared record holder of the two cobbles ones.
WC
Have won the green jersey in TdF, and worn the yellow.
MANY (semi-)classic victories.
Most impressive victories in one year: E-3, RVV, PR and WC

Canc:
4 monument victories, though in 3 different.
4*ITT WC
The active rider with most days in the yellow jersey (?)
Some (semi-) classic victories
Most impressive victories in one year: E-3, RVV, PR and ITT WC

Winner: Boonen
learn to read: LAST 5 YEARS
 
Netserk said:
yes CYCLIST of the last 5 years. That includes Boonen ;)

PS: Boonen is only six months older than Canc
He won his WC in 2005, It doesnt count in this comparison
And I love that how you ignore Cancellara's Olympic TT win and RR 2nd place
Edit and his 2 monument wins were in 2005 too
 
1.Contador
2.Boonen
3.Cancellera

If Cancellera used his abilities a little better in the Classics he would be ahead of Boonen, but all those podiums after being the clearly stronger rider says something about the way he uses his head.
 

LauraLyn

BANNED
Jul 13, 2012
594
0
0
woodenswan said:
my girlfriend is considered by some to be a better qb than Peyton Manning. she has a plush chicken and throws her around marvellously!
Lucky guy you are to have such a great girl. And then Peyton Manning no less . . . :rolleyes:

But seeing as we're stuck being on topic here, I still have to go with Marianne Vos.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Angliru said:
Also take into consideration that during his first dominant period he gave up two great opportunities at consecutive wins at RVV when Devolder won.
That's true though although he never really gave me a great impression at final of those races but you got a point there.

It would have been easier if i included just for the sake of the fanboys but i still think that Canc and Contador are above the rest in the last 5 years.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
All this stuff brings up an interesting question. Boonen or Canc.

Who is the best cobble rider? lol
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY