• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The blurred lines of Livestrong - the spin bike sham

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Granville57 said:
That's what the FRS is for. It's all about balance, you see.
It's all about balance. :rolleyes:

No, I got it.

Its not the healthy cancer awareness raising foundation thats done the deal with michelob, its the healthy profit making company thats done the deal with michelob.

TeamSkyFans said:
No, I got it.

Its not the healthy cancer awareness raising foundation thats done the deal with michelob, its the healthy profit making company thats done the deal with michelob.

Very good. But the lines are drawn so close no one can really tell. Its odd that Armstrong was advocating against tobacco. Nothing wrong in that but by the same token he's receiving money from the alcohol industry. If I was big tobacco I'd call a rat. Is he being funded to ensure people spend more of their money on alcohol rather than cigarettes. He really shouldn’t be associated with either. Lance can easily pick healthy drinks etc. for his profit drive. Its such a bad contradiction. None the less this has been the man’s career. He will do what’s good for him not what he believes is truly right.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
It is only a matter of time until we have Livestrong cigarettes.

Most rational people would have an issue with Livestrong cigarettes.
Not all though. A few would argue that it would be ok - as long as a percentage was donated to help find the cure for lung cancer. Makes sense. Helpful.

Most rational people do NOT have an issue with Lance and Michelob Ultra.

PS...your trollishness is becoming more and more evident

Polish said:
Most rational people would have an issue with Livestrong cigarettes.
Not all though. A few would argue that it would be ok - as long as a percentage was donated to help find the cure for lung cancer. Makes sense. Helpful.

Most rational people do NOT have an issue with Lance and Michelob Ultra.

PS...your trollishness is becoming more and more evident

This post is a troll.

Please provide evidence for:
1. Your definition of 'rational'
2. A poll that supports your allegations

Otherwise, the more you 'assert' the more your defensive fear becomes evident.

Finally, please note that it is not Lance and Michelob that is being discussed, but Livestrong and Michelob. Please try and stay on topic.

Dave.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
This post is a troll.

Finally, please note that it is not Lance and Michelob that is being discussed, but Livestrong and Michelob. Please try and stay on topic.

Dave.

No, I was discussing Lance and Michelob.
Reread my post.
Lance and Livestrong are two different things lol.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Funny how you continue to ignore the HGH part.

Do not think it is a case of ignoring...

It's just that it got overwhelmed in the trollstorm of Hookers,Blow,Jetfuel, Simeoni,Bassons,Kimmage,EPO,Hemassist,Baxter,TUE's,1999PeePee, HGH,Twins,Matthew,Crow,Mom,NeedlesAFLD,RICO,TaxEvasion,Fraud, U23Team, Popo'sLaptop,LapDance,FrankiePlaybyPlay,DrFerarri,NoFriends,Public Strategies,DemandMedia,.orgVS.com,HighSchoolDropout,TexasTittyBars,Beer Cancer,&LiveStrong Cigarettes.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
Do not think it is a case of ignoring...

It's just that it got overwhelmed in the trollstorm of Hookers,Blow,Jetfuel, Simeoni,Bassons,Kimmage,EPO,Hemassist,Baxter,TUE's,1999PeePee, HGH,Twins,Matthew,Crow,Mom,NeedlesAFLD,RICO,TaxEvasion,Fraud, U23Team, Popo'sLaptop,LapDance,FrankiePlaybyPlay,DrFerarri,NoFriends,Public Strategies,DemandMedia,.orgVS.com,HighSchoolDropout,TexasTittyBars,Beer Cancer,&LiveStrong Cigarettes.

This is why I love ya. Every muse needs a counter, and as thorough as that list may be, ya know there's going to be a bigger one coming that actually counts.

"that was a bit personal and you hurt my feelings" is a weak defence...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Ha! Currently up for sale at woot.com:

The Livestrong Tea Set

Check out this description:

http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=17079

The Livestrong Collection Set? Only a dope would let this deal pass them by!

Some dopes might see this Livestrong Collection Set as a dopey attempt to get a little more attention to some dopey brand, but you know what? It’s more than that.

Because how many times have you staggered home from a hard day at work, where your dope of a boss kept riding you like you were some kind of dope, and all you want to do is make a cup of tea and relax? Well, with a Livestrong Collection Set on hand, you don’t have to be that dope in the corner of the cafe falling asleep at the table, you can just make that tea in the privacy of your own home.

In this set, you’ll be getting an Enamel-on-Steel Loop Steam Whistle Teakettle made of beautiful AA German enamel that never fades, and then you’ll be getting a Sugar/Honey Bowl with a flexible silicone honey dripper, and, finally, you’ll be getting a special Livestrong Tea Mug with a Ceramic Infuser, and a lid that can double as a coaster. It’s not often we see something that will move us to use old hip hop slang, but this Livestrong Collection Set? Totally dope. Totally. And everybody knows it too. Completely dope. Absolutely.

Anyway, some people might think the whole Livestrong thing has gone too far, but face it, what do those dopes know? Be it a Three Times Dope record or the classic Huey Lewis song I Want A New Drug, everyone needs a little something extra in their lives now and then, to help them be the best whatever they can be. We think this Livestrong Collection Set is exactly the shot in the arm that will push you ahead of everyone else.

But remember, all we can do is put the deal on your hook. So if you want to land ‘dis one, you’ve got to act now. Don’t miss your chance to get this Livestrong Collection Set. You’ll be so happy, you’ll sing “Dopey dope dope dope-iddy dope!” with glee!

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
No, I was discussing Lance and Michelob.
Reread my post.
Lance and Livestrong are two different things lol.

This is where we get into professional troll territory. Hallmarks are highlighted; intentional and obvious misdirection is subtly played yet apparent.

EDIT: Oh, slam! That Woot post is pure gold.

From the comments:

Let me reiterate that this is the most tested tea set in the world and that this tea set has never failed a drug test.

We're only a hop, skip and a jump from talking about tea bags.... tea bagging. Testicles.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
md2020 said:
But remember, all we can do is put the deal on your hook. So if you want to land ‘dis one, you’ve got to act now. Don’t miss your chance to get this Livestrong Collection Set. You’ll be so happy, you’ll sing “Dopey dope dope dope-iddy dope!” with glee![/I]

If you could put that in mp3 format, I may be interested...

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
It is only a matter of time until we have Livestrong cigarettes.

Much has been made lately about the link between HGH and cancer growth. It is impossible to ignore that many of the top advertisers on Livestrong are Anti Aging quacks pushing HGH.

Given that even Dr. Ferrari was concerned that his doping regime contributed to Lance's cancer it is hard to believe that Livestrong is not aware of this issue.
And there are crappy content farm articles on Livestrong.com that pretty much promote HGH for weight loss:

How to Lose Weight With HGH

Weight Loss With HCG or HGH

Both of those articles really softpedal the risks, the message is clearly that using HGH or HCG are options. The first article is written by a woman who has an English degree and the second by a woman who has a "Bachelor of Science in lifestyle management", whatever that is.

I had an experience with one of these anti-aging docs that turned out very bad, I didn't realize what he was until after he had severely overprescribed me a drug. Really sad to see this stuff on a site that has a stated goal of improving health but that's what you get when you care more about money than content.

Ferminal said:
"The polyphenol compounds in green tea have shown to inhibit the growth and proliferation of stomach cancer..."

Of course, I doubt many people would never use Demand Media as a source of hard science, but if you're going to quote them at least get it right.

That's what happens when one is too busy trolling to read any more that the title.:cool:

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Geez guys, do I really need to spell this out for you?

C'mon, LiveStrong promotes HGH and Green Tea right?
So called health effects.....
At least that is what LiveStrong feeds its Sheeples baaabaaa.

BUT
According to Dr. Robert O. Young, Director of Research at the pH Miracle Living Center, "green tea is acidic and will contribute to the dietary acid and metabolic loads in the tissue causing a cancerous condition or making a cancerous condition worse."

http://articlesofhealth.blogspot.com/2009/07/green-tea-is-acidic-and-may-cause.html

Suprised you guys have not picked up on this yet.
Just trying to help.

Polish said:
Geez guys, do I really need to spell this out for you?

Suprised you guys have not picked up on this yet.
Just trying to help.

I'm surprised too. Whenever I think of credible, world-renown sources for medical information, I immediately think:

Johns Hopkins

The Mayo Clinic

Memorial Sloan-Kettering

and...

pH Miracle Living Center

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
I'm surprised too. Whenever I think of credible, world-renown sources for medical information, I immediately think:

Johns Hopkins

The Mayo Clinic

Memorial Sloan-Kettering

and...

pH Miracle Living Center

John Hopkins, the Mayo Clinic, and Memorial Sloan-Kettering.
They all use and prescribe HGH don't they?

So maybe it IS ok to believe LiveStrong when they talk about the benefits of HGH and Green Tea.

Who 'da thunk

Polish said:
John Hopkins, the Mayo Clinic, and Memorial Sloan-Kettering.
They all use and prescribe HGH don't they?

So maybe it IS ok to believe LiveStrong when they talk about the benefits of HGH and Green Tea.

Who 'da thunk

Well, as usual the "who" isn't you.

No one has said that there aren't valid, theraputic uses for HGH. Guess what, they also use and prescribe EPO, steroids, morphine, and any number of other medications: all in a controlled, medically appropriate manner. No clue where you got the green tea red herring.

The issue arises when those medications are used illegally, for uses other than their appropriate medical prescription, or by practitioners of "fringe' medicine.

Now, back to the original issue: why is LIVEstrong partnering with a company which derives it's sole income from the production, marketing, and sale of alcoholic beverages?

TRENDING THREADS