• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Red Bull - Bora - Hansgrohe team thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If redbull campaigns, I disagree.
If redbull speak, I ignore.
If redbull fails, I’m happy.
If the world is against redbull, I am the world.
If redbull has 7 billion fans, I am none of them.
If redbull has no haters, it’s because I no longer exist

Why they have to ruin a great team like BORA with red bull???

I think your faking the hate here. If you really disliked them, you would be calling them rud bell or Austrian Monster Energy ;)

Does Red Bull have a particular political profile that other corporations like Bora do not?
Matschitz was known to oppose the left mainstream. Their TV station is pretty much the opposite of the far left state controlled ORF .
How will this work in terms of name and jersey colors? At first glance those three companies dont really fit together all that well. Just So different in terms of colors, Produkts, target Group, Image....

I don't think I use any of the WT sponsors in my personal life besides going to decathlon once every 2 years, and being in contact with Visma. So I don't mind them buying ownership of the team. It's actually a good thing for cycling in general when bigger companies with huge marketing budgets go for cycling.

My faucet is made by hansgrohe. Water is necessary for human life. I owe everything to that team.

Matschitz was known to oppose the left mainstream. Their TV station is pretty much the opposite of the far left state controlled ORF .
or in other words, Mateschitz was far right himself. But he is dead now anyway, and I also don't think it's the main reason people oppose Red Bull. The criticism is usually more about the loss of sporting spirit etc, which came with their investmests

or in other words, Mateschitz was far right himself. But he is dead now anyway, and I also don't think it's the main reason people oppose Red Bull. The criticism is usually more about the loss of sporting spirit etc, which came with their investmests

A bunch of very butthurt Ferrari, Mercedes & McLaren fans in F1 always hated Red Bull.

Particularly Ferrari though. Quite a few 'old institutions' & their supporters become angsty when new money enters a particular sport & does better than them.

Such whinging about Red Bull is all entirely outrageous though considering the prominence of foreign oil money now in pro-sports. Red Bull meanwhile is Austrian, successful & now they're putting money into cycling.

After the whole Visma-Soudal debacle & Plugge's complaints about the unsustainability of the cycling economy, Red Bull entering the sport like this through the front door as actual majority holders of a world tour team is pretty interesting news (i.e. they're not just sponsoring, they're getting ownership).

A bunch of very butthurt Ferrari, Mercedes & McLaren fans in F1 always hated Red Bull.

Particularly Ferrari though. Quite a few 'old institutions' & their supporters become angsty when new money enters a particular sport & does better than them.

Such whinging about Red Bull is all entirely outrageous though considering the prominence of foreign oil money now in pro-sports. Red Bull meanwhile is Austrian, successful & now they're putting money into cycling.

After the whole Visma-Soudal debacle & Plugge's complaints about the unsustainability of the cycling economy, Red Bull entering the sport like this through the front door as actual majority holders of a world tour team is pretty interesting news (i.e. they're not just sponsoring, they're getting ownership).
I was more thinking about football, where they were among the first (together with Abramovich) to establish the current investment models.

But sure, it's a development that's not going to stop anymore, and cycling has long gone that path anyway. Them taking over a team or not doesn't change much at this point.

If redbull campaigns, I disagree.
If redbull speak, I ignore.
If redbull fails, I’m happy.
If the world is against redbull, I am the world.
If redbull has 7 billion fans, I am none of them.
If redbull has no haters, it’s because I no longer exist

Why they have to ruin a great team like BORA with red bull???

If redbull signs Masnada?

I don't think I use any of the WT sponsors in my personal life besides going to decathlon once every 2 years, and being in contact with Visma. So I don't mind them buying ownership of the team. It's actually a good thing for cycling in general when bigger companies with huge marketing budgets go for cycling.
You never drank Segafredo coffee at McDonald's!? Neither you've taken something from Omega Pharma being ill!?

I think we use all use products produced directory or indirectly by many cycling sponsors.
I drive a car, probably used Gulf sponsors, Total or Ineos fuel.
I have Quick Step floor, I used Soudal sealant yesterday.
Theres an Ineos hand gel bottle in my bathroom.
But as an oldie I've never got beyond smelling RedBull.
Red Bull was created by someone who thought Coca Cola wasn't sugary and caffeiny enough, and tripled all the ingredients. It's good if you really need to stay awake. It doesn't belong in a healthy sports diet. That's why it's always ridiculous to see these athletes after a race sipping from the obligatory Red Bull can which we all know doesn't contain Red Bull.

Their sports sponsorship is, in a way, a kind of greenwashing... call it healthwashing. But it's good that they're not just wasting their money on F1 and football.