• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cat Thread

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Our new dishwasher is entirely built in and doesn't have any control panel or anything showing. So that you know when it is done, it flashes the remaining time on to the floor, alternating with a pictogram of dishes.

We showed it to Kitty, who was only mildly interested. Then it changed. Very interested! It changed again! One paw went out.......

Eventually she gave up and went away, but I'm sure she never really figured it out.

Susan

Susan Westemeyer said:
Our new dishwasher is entirely built in and doesn't have any control panel or anything showing. So that you know when it is done, it flashes the remaining time on to the floor, alternating with a pictogram of dishes.

We showed it to Kitty, who was only mildly interested. Then it changed. Very interested! It changed again! One paw went out.......

Eventually she gave up and went away, but I'm sure she never really figured it out.

Susan

I know I've said we have 2 cats and the older one's as dumb as a box of rocks. For entertainment we often cast shadows on the floor using our hands and light coming through a window. The dumb one excitedly chases the finger shadows non-stop, and doesn't tire of it. The young girl looks at the shadows, then right away looks at where the shadow is coming from.

30374030.jpg

5567132_700b.jpg

RULES FOR THE CAT

1. The cat is not allowed on the furniture.

2. Alright, the cat is allowed on the furniture, but not the kitchen counter.

3. OK, the cat can go on the kitchen counter too, just not when I'm preparing food!

4. Fine...The cat can go wherever it wants, whenever it wants, as long as it doesn't swat me in the face at 5:30 in the morning demanding to be fed.

5. The cat will be fed at 5:30 in the morning.

BroDeal said:
RULES FOR THE CAT

1. The cat is not allowed on the furniture.

2. Alright, the cat is allowed on the furniture, but not the kitchen counter.

3. OK, the cat can go on the kitchen counter too, just not when I'm preparing food!

4. Fine...The cat can go wherever it wants, whenever it wants, as long as it doesn't swat me in the face at 5:30 in the morning demanding to be fed.

5. The cat will be fed at 5:30 in the morning.

Totally love this! :D

a cat's life

this week was visiting mother i asked 'shall i bring my dog?'
mother replied 'no the cat would not like it'

the conversation moved on and i never got to ask more.........mother
does not have a cat

arriving at my mothers there is a litter tray and cat food in the kitchen
so i ask mother 'you have a new cat?'

mother replies 'no it's the neighbours cat...he likes to visit...he's asleep
on my bed right now!'

no wonder he visits

RedheadDane said:
Some signs you're ready for a cat:

- You like being starred at
- You enjoy being scared to dead every now and then
- You never again want to be able to eat fish or chicken in peace
- You think your furniture is too pretty anyway

Great points, but with that last one, it's called FURniture for a reason :D

Thanks for that dog and cat share Serfla. Absolutely loved it!

Jan 8, 2013
www.indrus.in
Hello,

Thanks for the excellent contribution to the discussion. I love this image it's beautiful I set it as my background!

Thanks and Regards,
Fenald

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I demand the other cat thread be merged with this one. We need to keep far ahead of the dog thread.

Dude, without being catty, I can honestly say, if you need to stay THAT far ahead of the dog thread, it is no wonder you have a reputation for being grouchy. It stands, at the mo, at about 8 to 1, right? Sheesh. If you were riding the RAAM, you'd be in NYC when the dogs left CA!

I've got a story for ya. I've mostly had cats in my adult years. I grew up in a house that bred and trained dogs. But dogs are more maintenance than cats. So I had cats.

One year I had a cat while living in the city - and she got hit by a car. So I went to the pound to find a new kitty. I walked up and down the aisles, looking for a kitten with bright eyes and a calm demeanor. I figured if the kitten could stay calm in a pound, well, should be a calm cat! So I said to the attendant - I want this one. The attendant told me to come back on Saturday, and they would do the paperwork then.

I came back on Saturday, and they were very busy. I didn't see my kitten, but I didn't want to interrupt the attendants. They were REALLY busy. After some time, I finally buttonholed an attendant, "Excuse me, I hate to interrupt . . ." and told them I was supposed to pick up my kitten. She asked for my paperwork. I told her the previous attendant had told me to do the paperwork today. She got a look on her face - not a good one, either.

She went to the back to check on something. It turned out she was checking to see if they had turned on the gas in the gas room yet. It was past the scheduled time, you see. Turned out nobody had done so, they were too busy. My kitten was in that room.

Idk what was up with the 1st attendant, but they knew better. It didn't really matter tho - that cat, Sammi, and I were together for 13 years. She traveled with me on occasion, too. She was a good traveler. When she passed away, I built her a wood coffin, with her name carved in the lid. I still miss her sometimes. Today we have two rescue cats - nothing like my old Sammi. These two are so energetic they drive me nuts - but they do keep the mouse pop down. I also have two dogs, and they get to run with me while I ride in the park next door.

Hope I haven't bored ya. That's my cat palmares, so to speak.

hiero2 said:
Dude, without being catty, I can honestly say, if you need to stay THAT far ahead of the dog thread, it is no wonder you have a reputation for being grouchy. It stands, at the mo, at about 8 to 1, right? Sheesh. If you were riding the RAAM, you'd be in NYC when the dogs left CA!

I believe in running up the score and dancing Gangnam style in the end zone.