• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cat Thread

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
We are redoing our kitchen, and periodically my husband goes in and makes huge construction messes there. Kitty has her food bowl in the kitchen, so I have to move it when work is underway.

I move it, show it to her once and she always finds it without problem. She then goes and looks at all the other places I have put it in the past, as you never know.....

Feed bowls in every corner of every room in the house! What could be better!

Susan

Pleun still can't stand the sight of Koekie but it's less bad than a week ago. She usually goes to my bed and sleep there.

Koekie is an attention seeker, he can't stand being alone for long. Always searches where the humans are in the house so he can cuddle. Never had such an affectionate cat before. We heard from the previous owner he's also a real outdoor cat. Monday might be a good time to leave him out of the house for the first time. He did escape a week ago but came back a day later so he already knows this is 'his' house now :)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
We are redoing our kitchen, and periodically my husband goes in and makes huge construction messes there. Kitty has her food bowl in the kitchen, so I have to move it when work is underway.

I move it, show it to her once and she always finds it without problem. She then goes and looks at all the other places I have put it in the past, as you never know.....

Feed bowls in every corner of every room in the house! What could be better!

Susan

Reminds me of a Robert Heinlein novel "Door into Summer".

Cats always know exactly what they want. In the book the cat refuses to leave their house through any of its numerous doors when he sees snow on the ground: he is looking for The Door into Summer.

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
270994_3396988519206_164553537_n.jpg

a friends new kitty. no name yet.

How about naming her "Apple"?

JA.Tri said:
Reminds me of a Robert Heinlein novel "Door into Summer".

Cats always know exactly what they want. In the book the cat refuses to leave their house through any of its numerous doors when he sees snow on the ground: he is looking for The Door into Summer.

This is absolutely Kitty. I open the door, she sees snow and suddenly decides the litter box is the better solution.

Susan

May 20, 2010
Visit site
My two cats, Thor and Blid, domestic medium hairs, are a bit big. Aka they would fail skin folds (esp the girl). I feed them <= recommended amount for their weights (7.3 and 6.2kg). If I feed them less I am subjected to awful caterwauls.

Any suggestions on method/mechanism to help with the dreaded skin folds :) .

Ta

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
This is a photo of my beautiful cat Pippy and my gorgeous dog Rolley. :p

picture.php

We adopted both from local animal shelters, although we got Pippy first. Pippy is the undisputed boss of the house - even though Rolley is 5 times her size, she beats up on him at will, and he very sweetly lets her. :)

The Joker said:
This is a photo of my beautiful cat Pippy and my gorgeous dog Rolley.

picture.php

We adopted both from local animal shelters, although we got Pippy first. Pippy is the undisputed boss of the house - even though Rolley is 5 times her size, she beats up on him at will, and he very sweetly lets her. :)

Joker I can't see your picx :confused:
I do see a very cute dog as your av though :)
great to adopt from the shelter

May 20, 2010
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
Those are great images JA, but can anyone tell me why they come up 'verboten'? I had to paste the URL into a separate browser to view there, and then they were visible in the post. Weird. This happened using Google Chrome and IE9.

Sorry 3m@n@rmy...I don't know why...look forward to insight.

on3m@n@rmy said:
Those are great images JA, but can anyone tell me why they come up 'verboten'? I had to paste the URL into a separate browser to view there, and then they were visible in the post. Weird. This happened using Google Chrome and IE9.

JA I can't see them at all. I'm using firefox. :confused:
just white space ...

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
Haha. For one of our two cats... nothing goes on up there, or... over there. He's as dumb as a box of rocks. But still that makes him entertaining. Our other cat is almost as smart as some ppl, and she's the one who'd be up hiding in the tree... she's actually done that.

Man I know a pair of cats like that. One of them is an absolute hunter, never makes a sound, and notices everything that's going on. He has to be stroked in exactly the right way, otherwise it's teeth and claws out. The other is just cuddly and thick - no idea what's going on, and just loves human contact whatever.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
JA I can't see them at all. I'm using firefox. :confused:
just white space ...

Hi mmmtreize :D on3m@n@rmy

I used/use Chrome (so bewildered!).

I have now enclosed urls in original post. BTW you can continue by substituting 5, 6 etc.

TRENDING THREADS