• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cat Thread

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Understanding Your Cat's Emotions (7 gifs)

cats_01.gif

cats_02.gif

The vet seems to be turning into our new best friend.

We dealt with the paw episode for a week or so. As soon as it cleared up she caught a cold. That is over and now.....

She has a cat bite on her tail. I never heard so much cat cussing as she did when the doc cleaned and bandaged the wound! Now she has a really chic blue and white bandage.

I figure she'll have it off any minute now.

Susan

Our first cat (RIP) was always getting abcesses from cat fight bites. So many the vet showed us how to treat them. He saved us a bunch of money, and the cat actually took it from us. The treatment was mostly a lot of hydrogen peroxide flushes.

Then he saved us a bunch of money on tape worm treatments, but that's another story I've already brought up in this thread... I think.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
A friend's cat developed an abscess and my friend decided to watch and see. The abscess grew for a while, but the cat remained otherwise well and normal, so she continued to keep an eye on him and it and after a few days it burst. The cat then licked up the muck (ewwwww) and continued to nurse it, keeping it clean himself. It then healed up beautifully itself, no veterinary treatment or medication required at all.

That was cute!

Big Beck looks like he's part cougar!

You can definitely treat abscesses with a dilute mix of H2O2. Don't make it too strong though or kitty won't like it at all. If it's really bad, get the vet to clean it out. Not something to mess with if you're not sure.

Tapeworm, and many other similar meds, including antibiotics, can often be purchased at feed stores or specialty pet stores. They often come in the form of equine medicine or fish medicine, but it's the same exact medicine by law. You just need to accurately calculate the correct dosage before giving it to your pet.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Hitch, they look like a handful mate.....and they are identical to the inspiration for my board name, Sirius the boy wonder....all 28lbs of the monster, one of these days he'll sit for a piccy!!

usedtobefast said:
DSCN0188.JPG

beck...otherwise known as BIG BECK. when you meet him you will know why.

"My real name is 'Jabba The Hut', and I am looking for Han Solo.
Bring him to me dead or alive. Preferrably alive so I can play with him before I eat him". Now go.

il_fullxfull.268194170.jpg

"I am not going to need the Millenium Falcon,
you know... the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs,
to get away from Jabba"

on3m@n@rmy said:
"My real name is 'Jabba The Hut', and I am looking for Han Solo.
Bring him to me dead or alive. Preferrably alive so I can play with him before I eat him". Now go.

il_fullxfull.268194170.jpg

"I am not going to need the Millenium Falcon,
you know... the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs,
to get away from Jabba"

he has been called "Jabba the Cat" very agile btw, and the loudest purr ever.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Charly's reaction on fat Jabba. Showing his lightsaber collection of defeated Jedis.
Most of them didn't even try....
Luke Skywalker is still frozen in that freezer in the back.

picture.php

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
They see eachother

POW!

20120125_132117.jpg

I am quiet sure there was one of them breaking some rule.
All those rules, you know.
See it every day. Rules are broken faster than we might see. There are hundreds...thousands of them.

Anyway, many thanks Sir Hitch.

btw, who is wearing that Leopard jacket on the right ? :D
You are really cool.