• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cat Thread

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cobblestoned said:
They remind me of Don Charly, a friends cat.
The biggest housecat I have ever seen. He is a monster and real Don, around 17 years old now.
But most important fact is, that he doesn't hate me. That's really positive and the correct description for the circumstances.

Don Charly has finished his meal - and has allowed me to sit next to him and take a picture. Don't even think about commenting his paunch. He will notice and find you.

picture.php

LOL here!! :D
XLNT pic...
love the name too

btw how is Johnny?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
LOL here!! :D
XLNT pic...
love the name too

btw how is Johnny?

Johnny is waiting for his chance. I am making pancakes and he is waiting for the right moment, the moment in which I could possibly be inattentive, while making pancakes and surfing the internet.

El Pistolero said:
My cat gets around 6 mouses every week, it's quite annoying as sometimes she hides them in the house. We live behind a corn field, so lot's of mouses in the vicinity.

our cat has never been any good at mousing (okay, especially since she is wearing a bell :p ) but at least she stopped digging up dead ones a couple of years ago

Zam_Olyas said:
cats crying at night like a baby or make strange noises creeps me out.why do they do that?

female cats in heat will do that. But sometimes I think it's instinct. For what gain? I dunno, attention maybe. Our little girl, who's fixed so not in heat, did that when she was younger. She'd hop up on top of our dresser, a good 6' 6" leap, and sing or howl... until one night I beaned her with a pillow. Smart cat. She has not done that since. (Me and the cat get along real good btw)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
cats crying at night like a baby or make strange noises creeps me out.why do they do that?

Besides the other aforementioned reasons, cats will make some of the most hideous and bloodcurdling sounds just prior to engaging in mortal combat with their neighborhood foe.

One of my favorite cats (my roommate's) that I lived with would spend most of her summer evenings (and some winter ones as well) outside patrolling her turf. Man, there were some mean cats on that block. Ours wasn't fearsome or big by any standards but she would definitely hold her ground.

Many a night I would get out of bed to break up a scrum. I was mostly infuriated with the audacity of some of these other cats that would come right up on our front porch looking for a fight. What, you want to own this house as well? :mad: I don't think so.

But when two cats face off in the middle of the night, you will often hear noises emanating from them that sound as if they're straight from the bowels of hell. :eek:

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
My cat gets around 6 mouses every week, it's quite annoying as sometimes she hides them in the house. We live behind a corn field, so lot's of mouses in the vicinity.

Nothing like hearing that special meow in the middle of the night that means they have bought you a little gift.

I know it means she loves me but really wish she would improve her timing.

My cat once came into the back garden dragging a hare that must have weighed twice what she did. I suspect a car had hit it and she was claiming the kill.

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Besides the other aforementioned reasons, cats will make some of the most hideous and bloodcurdling sounds just prior to engaging in mortal combat with their neighborhood foe.

One of my favorite cats (my roommate's) that I lived with would spend most of her summer evenings (and some winter ones as well) outside patrolling her turf. Man, there were some mean cats on that block. Ours wasn't fearsome or big by any standards but she would definitely hold her ground.

Many a night I would get out of bed to break up a scrum. I was mostly infuriated with the audacity of some of these other cats that would come right up on our front porch looking for a fight. What, you want to own this house as well? :mad: I don't think so.

But when two cats face off in the middle of the night, you will often hear noises emanating from them that sound as if they're straight from the bowels of hell. :eek:

I owed one cat in Zambia that was so timid it would rarely venture outside due to fear of any others living in the area. In Zambia all animals are generally kept to work and they do not understand the concept of 'pets' so most cats are not fed and expected to catch their own food making them tough. Ours once caught a leaf and looked very pleased with itself, although all of its good work was undone but promptly getting stuck on the roof

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Aarp

Susan Westemeyer said:
Actually no. I think I entered a contest with them at one point and used her name.

Susan

My cat regularly gets mail from the American Association of Retired People (AARP), membership cards, everything. Funny part is he's not old enough to retire even in cat years!! He also gets invites to go to restaurant trade shows.

When we used to put up a xmas tree he would leap onto the trunk, climb up and hide in the boughs. Ya wonder what's going on in that cat brain...

rickshaw said:
My cat regularly gets mail from the American Association of Retired People (AARP), membership cards, everything. Funny part is he's not old enough to retire even in cat years!! He also gets invites to go to restaurant trade shows.

When we used to put up a xmas tree he would leap onto the trunk, climb up and hide in the boughs. Ya wonder what's going on in that cat brain...

Haha. For one of our two cats... nothing goes on up there, or... over there. He's as dumb as a box of rocks. But still that makes him entertaining. Our other cat is almost as smart as some ppl, and she's the one who'd be up hiding in the tree... she's actually done that.

Had the day off and decided to actually spend some time with my hobby. Sat at the sewing machine and worked on a patchwork/quilting project. Got up to iron it. Went to sit down (about two minutes later) and discovered by chair had been taken over by a cat who had no intention of waking up.

And this is why I find it so hard to pursue that particular hobby...... When I have time, somebody else has plans for the equipment!

Susan

TRENDING THREADS