• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Chicken will confess today

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tinman said:
Not having been familiar with his nickname "the chicken" it occurred to me that Rasmussen's physique is quite similar to Wiggins'. And as such the thread caught my interest :).

There seems to be something about EPO optimal physique vs. the (presumed) EPO free (clean) physique. EPO riders these days seem to be able to go faster with less muscle mass. In the post LA era chickens seem to rule (refer Wiggins / Froome / Contador).

Historically, cyclists that have lost weight could maintain power output up to some point, then as further weight comes off power output declines. Essentially, they start out skinny-enough because of genetics, then with the help of some drug like AICAR or a Clenbuterol alternative they can add power and lose some more weight. If you play with the Watts/Kilo ratio you can see the dramatic effects losing weight has.

I'm not the chemist here and this is endurance-sport specific. There is not much interest in body building doping forums for this kind of doping so it doesn't get posted much. Or, maybe I'm reading the wrong forums!

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The president of the danish anti doping agency said at the press conference that Rasmussen had told about what they already knew but couldnt prove; that doping requires a vast network and people around you that knows, and it is not something that is done alone.
This to me strongly suggest that Rasmussen in fact did tell all, and that the ADA's now have a lot of work to do. Also it seemed a bit of a prod towards the confessions of the people that has told they did it all themselves.

Also to a question from the journos regarding what cyclist that were afraid of the informations should do, the anwser was very dryly that they should feel free to give the ADA's a call :D

Also the coverage by the danish media, shows how utter ball-less they have been, and apparently will continue to be.

edit: also they confirmed that they asked for the facs to be kept quiet while investigation is ongiong, and that tehy are cooporating with, the dutch american and WADA in this case. So don't expect names just yet.

Dear Wiggo said:
1998-2010 he doped? So what happened to the 2006 doping embargo and the 2008 JV truce on doping?

2008, 2009, 2010 = ABP years, and he doped all the way through. Never tested positive!
What a badly informed comment... Rasmussen rode for a continental team, hence he wasn't part of the blood passport programme.

airstream said:
I disagree. Rasmussen was one of 3 strongest climbers in the 2005 Tour. There is nothing shameful in being a worse climber than Armstrong and Basso. He was extremely strong at the 2006 Tour too. But team asked him work for Menchov. In 2006 Rasmussen didn't already plan to fight for GC considering 2 long TTs. But Menchov faild whereas Rasmussen felt global climbing reserve in that Tour. He kept silent and decided to work on TT primarily. Again, Contador's climbing turned out to be a lot bigger sensation than Rasmussen's climbing in 2007 when dane's superiority over Evans didn't surprise anyone whatsoever.
I'm talking about lab test results... Rasmussen is far from the best climber they ever had on Rabobank, test result-wise. Yet he kept up with Contador, something which no other Rabo rider is able to do.

the asian said:
According to Danish press, Nicky Sorensen was named by Rasmussen.

The heat must surely be on Bjarne Riis now. Surely with Tyler's and presumably Chicken's evidence they will have enough on him to force him out.

This is UCI cycling. If Riis can bring a sponsor, he's welcome in the sport. If he is smart he says nothing and this blows over.

EPO, growth hormone, testosterone, DHEA, insulin, IGF-1, cortisone and blood transfusions. I am aware that I have cheated and lied and led people deceived. I am ready to take the punishment for it, says the chicken.

The way he was kicked out, it seems he failed the double-secret UCI popularity contest. My hope is he breaks the "athlete makes bad choices" narrative and can add some pressure to reform the UCI.

The honest truth is, he's working the Landis playbook. I wouldn't trust this guy to take out my trash, but I respect the direct nature of the statement.

DirtyWorks said:
Historically, cyclists that have lost weight could maintain power output up to some point, then as further weight comes off power output declines. Essentially, they start out skinny-enough because of genetics, then with the help of some drug like AICAR or a Clenbuterol alternative they can add power and lose some more weight. If you play with the Watts/Kilo ratio you can see the dramatic effects losing weight has.

I'm not the chemist here and this is endurance-sport specific. There is not much interest in body building doping forums for this kind of doping so it doesn't get posted much. Or, maybe I'm reading the wrong forums!

Then, with the help of some other drugs and techniques (yet to be confessed to), they can actually increase their power output over a three week Tour.

This is a fact of Lance's performance that has not been widely discussed, but was well known by his preparatoirs. As Basso's and Ulrich's power output declined, Lance's actually improved.

The Chicken with his five blood bags and so much EPO that there was no longer any urea in his urine, may have achieved something similar.

Dave.

Igf-1

Here's a plainer explanation for IGF-1. It is PR for a variation on IGF-1 that someone is selling. The human anatomy/biology readers may want to clarify some of what's posted there.

While reading the site won't trip a WADA positive, it's clear the site's bias is for uncontrolled human experimentation coupled with weight training. If that's not okay with you, then don't click the link.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/ch...-ever-wanted-to-know-about-long-r3-igf-1.html

D-Queued said:
Then, with the help of some other drugs and techniques (yet to be confessed to), they can actually increase their power output over a three week Tour.

This is a fact of Lance's performance that has not been widely discussed, but was well known by his preparatoirs. As Basso's and Ulrich's power output declined, Lance's actually improved.

The Chicken with his five blood bags and so much EPO that there was no longer any urea in his urine, may have achieved something similar.

Dave.

Good point. I have little knowledge of human performance factors. Did the same thing occur with Ryder's Giro and/or Sky's 2012 TdF blowout?

Your point deserves its own thread. Is there one already?

theyoungest said:
What a badly informed comment... Rasmussen rode for a continental team, hence he wasn't part of the blood passport programme.

Thought that as soon as I saw that post, went to google it to make sure and got distracted in another thread.

Does make me laugh to see the twisting people do in an effort to slam JV at every turn.

Johan Bruyneel

Just thinking of something...

What's the part of Johan Bruyneel in Rabobank's doping program? He was on the team in 1996-1997, and before and after he rode with ONCE. It would be interesting to find out whether there was a southern European connection, or whether the Norther Europeans had their own system.

Scatto said:
Just thinking of something...

What's the part of Johan Bruyneel in Rabobank's doping program? He was on the team in 1996-1997, and before and after he rode with ONCE. It would be interesting to find out whether there was a southern European connection, or whether the Norther Europeans had their own system.

JB is sitting on a substantial amount of information about dopers, pushers, doctors etc. Much more information than what the Chicken can deliver. However as more and more dopers confesses, JB's information devalues daily. Expect a book shortly.

Lab results?

theyoungest said:
I think we can safely say that Contador and Evans are very talented. Their test results in the lab are quite extraordinary. Unlike Rasmussen, he was nothing special. He really had to go on a steady diet of pure doping to beat them. This is not to say that Contador and Evans are squeaky clean, mind.

theyoungest said:
I'm talking about lab test results... Rasmussen is far from the best climber they ever had on Rabobank, test result-wise. Yet he kept up with Contador, something which no other Rabo rider is able to do.

Please point out a place that discusses Contador's lab results. Watts/VO2/Blood parameters - any of these would be fine so long as there are numbers. This is a serious question. Whereas it is easy to come across this stuff for Evans, Basso, Wiggins, and even Armstrong, there is a veritable dearth of any objective data on Contador. All I've seen is the story about Iñigo San Millán testing Contador while he was at ONCE/LS and being amazed. There is also a pez story in 2005 at the wind tunnel with AC, LL, and Manolo Saiz saying both of them produce over 450w in a TT. For some reason I'm not hopeful these tests and supposed performances are "paniagua".

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Don´t know how many have knowledge about the danish media and the case with Rasmussen, but in my opinion he´s a little pathetic rat, biggest liar next to LA, been sitting in numerous interviews both on TV and radio, ridicule anybody who suggested he ever been doped, lie on lie, not even about his whereabouts after he got caught could he be truthful about.

And now he makes a fat deal, now?
Pathetic, and people praise him for it, makes me sick.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
SundayRider said:
Wonder what the long term health ramifications will be for these guys...

Calorie restriction has been shown to be an effective anti-ageing lifestyle so with his obsessive diet, that might work in Rasmussens favour, the drugs obviously can't be good for him.

If Wiggins achieved his weight loss through more drugs then it might be worse for him long term.

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Wallace and Gromit said:
Berto and Cadel can rest easy. They were at the same level as Levi in the 2007 Tour. Levi has fessed up to his doping, but was clean by 2007, so Berto and Cadel were clearly riding clean as well in 2007.

I thought Levi confessed to still doping in the 2007 tour? I know everyone else said they stopped in 2006, but I thought Levi had confessed to that one extra year.

I'd say it depends on what they did and how long they did it for. Unless they go to the crazy extent that they nearly kill themselves whilst still at it (like Riccò) of course. It seems it's a long-term thing though, we're not seeing people dropping continually like former NFL linemen or professional wrestlers, say.

xrayvision said:
..Pathetic, and people praise him for it, makes me sick.

You may be mistaking the fact most in The Clinic welcome the seemingly complete honesty on the topic is the same thing as some kind of personal approval of the person.

At least for me, I wouldn't trust him to dump my trash. But, I respect the direct admission. Same scenario for Landis. That could be seen as contradictory, but people are messy that way.

Lots of people, not just in cycling, do PED's for a while and go on to lead healthy lives. I wish there was some honesty in this area as it is a very interesting topic. One major user became Governor of California. So, I don't think there's as many consequences as some would like.

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
I disagree. Rasmussen was one of 3 strongest climbers in the 2005 Tour. There is nothing shameful in being a worse climber than Armstrong and Basso. He was extremely strong at the 2006 Tour too. But team asked him work for Menchov. In 2006 Rasmussen didn't already plan to fight for GC considering 2 long TTs. But Menchov faild whereas Rasmussen felt global climbing reserve in that Tour. He kept silent and decided to work on TT primarily. Again, Contador's climbing turned out to be a lot bigger sensation than Rasmussen's climbing in 2007 when dane's superiority over Evans didn't surprise anyone whatsoever.

Given he had been doping continuously since 1998, we can safely ignore any performance in 2005 as completely meaningless.

There is absolutely no way to know if he was any good on a bike with one exception: his terrible time trial when he went down 3 times. Without dope we would never have heard his name I suspect.

TRENDING THREADS