• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Chicken will confess today

M Sport said:
I'm picking Contador and Evans will feel slightly awkward at hearing that. Both have got some explaining to do.

They will just be sorry for Rasmussen that he doped so hard, took such risks with his health, and barely gained any performance from it. Doping doesn't help dude!
Everyone with a brain knows that the climbing times and recovery these guys manage are absurd. Just being tough andd trianing a lot, getting skinny, just doesn't add up to such performances. Whenever I was up against riders of similar level, the difference was just insane. I never could wrap my heads around that being humanly possible, but as a gullable fanboy, and seeing it happen from within the race, I had to accept it true. Today, I kindof like my chances against such "talents", if we get to prepare in a desert monestary, same food, same training. The difference between amateurs and pro's may well have been preparation, and profession.

Cloxxki said:
They will just be sorry for Rasmussen that he doped so hard, took such risks with his health, and barely gained any performance from it. Doping doesn't help dude!
Everyone with a brain knows that the climbing times and recovery these guys manage are absurd. Just being tough andd trianing a lot, getting skinny, just doesn't add up to such performances. Whenever I was up against riders of similar level, the difference was just insane. I never could wrap my heads around that being humanly possible, but as a gullable fanboy, and seeing it happen from within the race, I had to accept it true. Today, I kindof like my chances against such "talents", if we get to prepare in a desert monestary, same food, same training. The difference between amateurs and pro's may well have been preparation, and profession.

No offense, and to be clear: i'm pretty sure pro's dope a lot, but the argument that you cannot keep up with others doesn't mean they are doped. Maybe you just aren't that talented to begin with? Again no offense.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
M Sport said:
I'm picking Contador and Evans will feel slightly awkward at hearing that. Both have got some explaining to do.

I dont get that. U need to explain yourself whenever u are not getting dropped by riders who admit doping? So whoever wasnt dropped by Nierman for example has some explaining to do?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
1998-2010 he doped? So what happened to the 2006 doping embargo and the 2008 JV truce on doping?

2008, 2009, 2010 = ABP years, and he doped all the way through. Never tested positive!

And Leinders saw Jesus after he left Rabo.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
M Sport said:

Berto and Cadel can rest easy. They were at the same level as Levi in the 2007 Tour. Levi has fessed up to his doping, but was clean by 2007, so Berto and Cadel were clearly riding clean as well in 2007.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Wallace and Gromit said:
Berto and Cadel can rest easy. They were at the same level as Levi in the 2007 Tour. Levi has fessed up to his doping, but was clean by 2007, so Berto and Cadel were clearly riding clean as well in 2007.

you forgot to add the sarcasm smiley to your post :rolleyes:

Levi clean, when? not possible!

Bertie and Evans clean? Nope.

I cannot recall JV claiming everything stopped in 2006, 2008 or whenever. His mantra is, cycling is getting cleaner and clean riders have more chance to win races, even GTs.

100,000 IU put Chicken in a league with the Festina chaudièrs. I wonder how much is still possible these days? Maybe one fifth, say 80 days on 250 IU, sleeping/training in hypoxic environment?

JV, you are the expert here.

TRENDING THREADS