• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Chicken will confess today

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
enCYCLOpedia said:
snipped...

It's simply unsustainable that someone like Rasmussen admits to doping throughout his entire career, but the likes of Schleck, Contador, Wiggins, Evans, Vino et al. are somehow being celebrated as clean athletes. I hope that cycling can set an example for other sports.

Contador and Vino are convicted dopers. Their results will forever be questionable.

The others however.....

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
theyoungest said:
What a badly informed comment... Rasmussen rode for a continental team, hence he wasn't part of the blood passport programme.

pmcg76 said:
Thought that as soon as I saw that post, went to google it to make sure and got distracted in another thread.

You sure?

Continental teams competing in PT races are still eligible for testing - they just don't necessarily get added to the OOC test pool.

Checking 2012's registered testing pool, Michael Rasmussen's name appears. So unless there are 2 Michael Rasmussens from Denmark, he is part of the ABP. I can't find the 2011, 2010 or earlier RTP, but if he's there in 2012, I am making an educated guess he was there in 2010 as well. If you're on the RTP, you're also eligible for OOC testing.

rasmussenin2012rtp.png

pmcg76 said:
Does make me laugh to see the twisting people do in an effort to slam JV at every turn.

Makes me roll my eyes when people mobius themselves to attribute "slamming" of anyone based on posts discussing everything but the allegedly slammed person.

Dear Wiggo said:
You sure?

Continental teams competing in PT races are still eligible for testing - they just don't necessarily get added to the OOC test pool.

Checking 2012's registered testing pool, Michael Rasmussen's name appears. So unless there are 2 Michael Rasmussens from Denmark, he is part of the ABP. I can't find the 2011, 2010 or earlier RTP, but if he's there in 2012, I am making an educated guess he was there in 2010 as well. If you're on the RTP, you're also eligible for OOC testing.

Makes me roll my eyes when people mobius themselves to attribute "slamming" of anyone based on posts discussing everything but the allegedly slammed person.

Continental teams cannot compete in ProTour races.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Everything looks coordinated and shared. Of course should these institutions fail to act in a meaningful way, I have little doubt Rasmussen will deliver the details in a book later. Act now or ticking bomb.
So, pro - cycling of the last 22 years will save the book industry, at last it was good for something than....

A lot of books coming up.

Still waiting for Greg's book, got his manual for bike maintanence of course but would like him to write a bio.

Slash, of topic, how sick could cycling become we are even talking about frigging Rasmussen here? He was a mediocre rider with regard to talent. Just very good dope and he was on the verge of winning the Tour? Sick sport.
pmcg76 said:
Continental teams cannot compete in ProTour races.
Wildcards?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
What a badly informed comment... Rasmussen rode for a continental team, hence he wasn't part of the blood passport programme.
are you sure?
Which riders have a passport?

In 2011, the following riders participate in the passport program:

• all riders registered with a UCI ProTeam,
all riders registered with a UCI Professional Continental Team ,
• other riders as determined by the UCI.
http://www.uci.ch/templates/UCI/UCI2/layout.asp?MenuId=MTU4ODY&LangId=1

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
While he's no hero to me, I appreciate his telling the truth and apologizing and saying he would try to make amends. It's going to be interesting to see where this all leads.

Indeed. No hero, but his confession still commands some respect. The post-interview (25 mins) was quite impressive. No tears, even though he was confronted with more than a few ugly truths and previous statements/denials. The interviewer even asked about and showed footage of his wife. He told us that his wife had known the truth all along, and that she had only had to lie to her friends, not to the media as she wasn't in the media searchlight. He didn't flinch. He was dead straight and obviously had a newfound confidence born from that fact.

You could sense that he has found peace within, and the way he has gone about this will be the yardstick by which upcoming confessions will be measured.

Alpe d'Huez said:
Having followed his career fairly closely, my feeling tells me he spilled his guts to the authorities. It seems that way from his statement, the reduced ban, and his personality. While he's no hero to me, I appreciate his telling the truth and apologizing and saying he would try to make amends. It's going to be interesting to see where this all leads.

So much for LA's statement in the interview with Dan the other day:

CN: Does TRC need to provide a complete amnesty?

Armstrong: Of course otherwise no one will show up. No one.

No one but a chicken that is.

The assertion had already been proven false by the testimony of those that had spoken with USADA. There was no complete amnesty provided for any of them.

Lance Lied. Again. And Again. And Again.

Dave.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
So, pro - cycling of the last 22 years will save the book industry, at last it was good for something than....

A lot of books coming up.

Still waiting for Greg's book, got his manual for bike maintanence of course but would like him to write a bio.

Slash, of topic, how sick could cycling become we are even talking about frigging Rasmussen here? He was a mediocre rider with regard to talent. Just very good dope and he was on the verge of winning the Tour? Sick sport.Wildcards?

No, pro continental teams can be selected as wildcards but not continental teams unless the rules have changed.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
in 2007 it said this:

Which riders will have a passport?
In 2008, the following riders will participate in the passport program:
• all riders registered with a UCI ProTeam,
all riders registered with a UCI Professional Continental team which is granted a Wild Card Label,
• riders from any other team designated by the Steering Group.
http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails.asp?MenuId=&id=NTQzOA

EDIT: forget it.:eek:

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Not only is the cat out of the bag, but the cat has ripped the bag to shreds. I don't see how professional cycling can suffiently recover from this massive fall out. The sport is completely toxic at this point.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
No, pro continental teams can be selected as wildcards but not continental teams unless the rules have changed.
You are right, my bad, too nuch namecalling. When u would have said trade team... I would not have made the mistake, I seem to be getting old :(

Continue.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
There is a difference between Pro Continental(Div 2) and Continental(Div 3) teams. Yes Pro Continental teams have to be part of the passport system as they can be selected for ProTour races. Continental teams cannot be selected for PT races.

thanks for clarifying!

Sep 29, 2012
On topic again:

I see lots of posts where people are applauding Rasmussen for a tell-all.
But consider:

1. you are being told that, not shown any evidence
2. until something constructive actually happens with his info, it means nothing

I think it's great if he has and if something actually happens, but you might want to chill your beans a bit before breaking out the champagne.

Padua and Puerto were meant to be slam dunks, but so far...

Sep 29, 2012
pmcg76 said:
Why is Rasmussen in the pool and none of his team-mates or any of the other registered continental riders?

At a guess - because I honestly do not know for sure - because the final RTP criteria is,

Other riders as determined by the UCI Antidoping Commission

And M Rasmussen would definitely be a person of interest.

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
So much for LA's statement in the interview with Dan the other day:

CN: Does TRC need to provide a complete amnesty?

Armstrong: Of course otherwise no one will show up. No one.

No one but a chicken that is.

Actually the Danish ADA commented on that issue at their press conference earlier today. They said that it was remarkably convenient to ask for amnesty now that the net really is tightened.

Mr.38&#37 said:
I do not think this is the place to go into details.

This minimizing doping by smoothing it over with false generalizations is a pet peeve of mine.

Your original claim was "Regarding health: Cyclists use pharmaceuticals mostly well within the therapeutic range. "

1. When riders were wearing heartrate monitors to bed so they didn't die in their sleep was theraputic levels of oxygen vector doping? Hinault's rumored(?) ruined joints were the result of theraputic levels of steroids?

2. Let's argue for a minute you could verify who was taking what at what dosage, the point is the riders aren't recovering from an illness. Please don't use the Fuentes quote.

Please start a new thread with the details of the doping regimen for an elite cyclist/endurance athlete. I will read it carefully. I need some sources too. I'm serious. I want to know how it works.

Dear Wiggo said:
On topic again:

But consider:

2. until something constructive actually happens with his info, it means nothing

I think it's great if he has and if something actually happens, but you might want to chill your beans a bit before breaking out the champagne.

You'll have to excuse us, but the bar has been set at a place where a shovel is needed to gain access to it. We're not accustomed to any type of honesty from anybody from the peloton regardless of how little they have to lose.

Dear Wiggo said:
On topic again:

But consider:

I think you would share our opinions if you had seen both press releases and could undestand danish.

Fatclimber said:
You'll have to excuse us, but the bar has been set at a place where a shovel is needed to gain access to it. We're not accustomed to any type of honesty from anybody from the peloton regardless of how little they have to lose.

Nice turn of phrase. I'll have to remember that one.

Dave.

TRENDING THREADS