• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Phew! That Fleche Wallone was hard work. Made a profit of £8.53 in the end. There was clearly a big bookie/big roller who was keeping Contador at no greater than evens for a place. Every time the price began to drift, another big chunk of cash came in laid off by the bookies. Good job for me as I had backed Contador not to place and then lost my bottle when his price stayed low, I couldn't cash out.

Not a lot happening on the giro del trentino though I backed Scarponi * Nibali and laid Kloden as I figured it was on Italian soil and Lampre and Liquigas are keen for a home victory. It's going very well at present. I think only Betfair are covering it which is a shame.

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am considering a pretty big each way bet on Andy Schleck for LBL tomorrow so even if Schleck doesn't win as long as he podiums I will make a decent profit. Anybody think he is worth a shot? If not who is? Kolobnev, Vino, J-Rod? Anybody besides Philippe Gilbert at each way looks good value.

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
There is large book open with Bet365 which which has a good selection. I've been riding my bike far more than reading about cycling recently so haven't studied too much form. But have gone each-way overall for Kreuziger@34 and J-Rod@19.
Today TTT have gone Sky H2H over Movistar @ 2.10.

Sergio Pardilla to finish in the Top-10 on GC @ 17. (Bet365)

I was only allowed a fairly low amount though. I was super disappointed actually. Don’t know what went wrong either, I mean I haven’t played there in ages so it can’t be that.

Maybe the value of the bet was too good. I was surprised to find him at such high odds especially at Bet365 of all places. I mean on his day S. Pardilla fully equals Igor Anton in the high mountains.

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Wouterd said:
What do you guys think about this years Tour of California?
Betting on?

I only saw Paddy Power with any odds on this - from what I remember Leipheimer and Horner were favourites in their betting.

I think Horner could win.

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Have made €16,53 with cavendish winning and some head-to-head bets today!
Probably not betting for tomorrow's stage (maybe live) since there's a high chance that a breakaway will finish before the pack.

TRENDING THREADS