• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes the knowledge is not that big as on football, but odds are also lower and limits lower. And what i hate most about cycling is that you never now when the odds will come. And when they come you have to be there in the first half hour or the good odds get slashed.

Laying on betfair is a good way to bet on cycling.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
yes there is that, i find GT btting pretty hard.

Pre-season generally is where i clean up (jan-feb). Bookies tend to base thier odds on 'names' ratehr then form/fitness.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I actually find cycling to be a gold way to bet. While unpredictable the bookie's ignorance is genrally on show and some of the more 'likely' results can have good odds.

I put a bit money on ebh @ 10 yesterday for the tdu. decent odds imo.

also got r. feillu @ 101.
lls @ 17

I just took Rojas at 13 - he looked pretty good in last nights crit and should hold on in the climbs

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Meh, could go either way. Petacchi on form the better climber but Greipel should get more bonuses and may have more incentive to fight on Wilunga.

2.00 for Greipel is fair though.

On most occasions bets on cycling can go either way, so for me its more about findings value in odds. When you have 1.85 both sides (like Renshaw vs Sutton) and its a 50/50 bet, there is just no value.
If you look at the results of Greipel at TDU 1th, 1th, 3rd, 7th and 1 DNF i think he has good chances to finishes ahead op Peta. Last year i had a bet on Greipel vs Goss, wich i lost, so he still owes me money :p!!!

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
yes there is that, i find GT btting pretty hard.

Pre-season generally is where i clean up (jan-feb). Bookies tend to base thier odds on 'names' ratehr then form/fitness.

Would you like to share your Jan/Feb bets with us;) I loaded on Andy at last year's TDF w/o AC (still bitter about that one) and I've been loading on AC for this year (no ride money back). But did pretty well last year all in. Sorry, Gilbert did pretty well for me last year I should say:D

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Worth opposing Cav as he looks to be ill. Also worth a punt each-way on Eisel at 50/1 (Ladbrokes and generally available). Sky should do well in TTT and Eisel could be in amongst the sprints.

Omloop (small stakes, mind you)

Marcato E/W @34 5/10

Navardauskas to beat Kuschynski and Gusev to beat Amorison @ 2,86 7,5/10
Cooke to beat Paolini @ 2,20 6,5/10
Hushovd to beat Boonen @ 2,75 5,5/10
Van Avermaet to beat Flecha @ 2,20 5,5/10
Ballan to beat Hayman @ 2,10 5,5/10
Boom to beat Chavanel @ 2,30 5,5/10
Devolder to beat Langeveld @ 2 5,5/10

all bet365

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Paris-Nice and Strade Bianche

Odds available for Paris-Nice and Strade Bianche at BetVictor. I am going for Ballan at 8/1 and Van Summeren at 33/1.
For P-N, Taaramae looks good value at 8/1 and small outside bet on Richie Porte at 33/1. All each-way.

Some good head-to-head options too?

EDIT: just found out Taaramae has been ill, so his price has drifted - now at 10/1 for the podium and 50/1 to win with Sportingbet. So whatever you pick best to shop around.