• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It seems to be the year of the Kristoff in betting terms - I've had three or four bets on him already this year. He hasn't won me anything mind, but starting to like him anyway. :)

Interest bet on Team Gadret for tomorrow's stage at Pais Vasco - 151ew with PP.

Can't betting be fun? :)

It doesn't always have to be about value (though I'd argue that an ew bet is no different from a straight winnner bet, just that there's two components that you have to seperately think about - and since I mainly back big prices, I find I get a lot more places than outright winners).

Although I like getting winners, and I try and kid myself that I know something about cycling, mainly my bets are interest bets - just some fun to try and make what can be a dull race into something a bit more exciting. No need to make everything so serious.

Bring on the race!

manafana said:
Guys each way really are not value with size of the field 1/4 or 1/5 odds for 3 places isn't value.

I looked at amstel gold for today
nothing major handful of main bets.

The thing about ew terms -value is that riders are very different. For instance Matthew Goss in a TDF sprintstage can often be up to odds 30/1 in betfair to win and only odds 1/1 to podium, so already if he is just 12/1 with the bookies using ew terms, then you actually get a free bet for him winning and the same podium odds as betfair. So for this type of riders often there can be huge value in ew-terms. It seems though as bookies are starting to react to these situations by sometimes not using the ew terms or changing the 1-3 1/4. Likely the reason many have not used for Amstel is riders like Gerrans that is much more likely to top 3 (with Sagan in the race) than to win.

Ferminal said:
4.50 and 11 now :(

Going a bit of Scarponi overall.

Funny enough Paddypower often dares release odds first, and respect to that, but then when bet365 releases they usually completely forget their own odds and adjust very much to bet365 odds instead. But I guess its better than waiting for them and copying then like many others. But one really has to try checking paddypower early in the market if one can bet there. Some seriously huge mistakes now and then in their winnergames.

TRENDING THREADS