• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
PP have Cav as favourite for tomorrow's stage, but I just don't see it as a day for Cav or for many of the sprinters. Last 20 km looks too tough. Of course I could be wrong, but I reckon it will a grp sprint of similar size to today (unless a break takes it).

Evans 226ew with PP and there's plenty of other interesting prices there too.

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thought I'd spice up a bet on Cav today, fingers crossed!

08/05/2013 Treble To Win Ribbons @ 5/2 (GP)
Win or E/W
15:30 HANDICAP 1m Win £3.00
Ruler Of The World @ 11/10 (GP)
Win or E/W
14:45 CHESTER VASE 1m 4f 66y Win
M Cavendish @ 8/11
Stage Betting
Stage 6 Mola di Bari - Margherita di Savoia Pending

Nice one with the cycling/horses accy. :)

squarepeg said:
Breschel at 100s looks good value today

I've been disappointed with Matti this year. Had a bet or two on him earlier on in the year - think Qatar was one of them, but he's had nothing results wise. Shame really, but maybe Riis can work some magic on him for later on in the season.

Couple of picks for the TT tomorrow. Both with PP. Can't see them doing anything (espec Dario after his illness), but they're nice prices and maybe they'll get lucky with the weather (they both set off earlyish).

Durbridge 501
Cataldo 501

I think the odds on phinney , between 14 and 17 atm, are quite good. I think he's being ruled out because of the hill but valkenberg had hills. The favorite for the stage maybe injured slightly or not yet on form. Hes at the giro in the first place because of the tt (remember he tweeted aquarone asking if there would be a tt). And he had an easier ride today.

Anyway I put a squid on him 17-1 think it was unibet.

Mountain time in the Giro. :)

Kiserlovski 101ew
Majka 101ew

Both with PP. Not sure what was going on with the Kiserlovski price - was 101 (which I missed initially), came into something in the 20s and has now gone back out to 101 (which I got on this time).

Great positioning (sitting on Cav's wheel) from Belletti for 49 of the last 50 km, but unfortunately poor positioning (Cav on his wheel) entering the last km. :D

On my man Majka again for tomorrow's stage. 46ew with PP seems a bit generous after his performance the other day.