• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MADRAZO said:
Paddypower now has Meersman at 33/1 and Simon at 66/1 for tomorrows stage 6.

A break might stay away and perhaps the last 4.8/6% climb will be too hard but massive value

Oh how I envy those who can bet there.

Thanks for that mate. Im a very small gambler atm so i only got 40 and 30p but they were still good bets that have since gone way down.

Jakob747 said:
Where do you guys bet? I justed checked a few bookies quick and they all seem to have the same offers. Which really sucks.

Which site is best for variety?

Hi Jakob

It has indeed been a sad development the last couple of years. Many bookies are now copying Bet365 either completely or more or less, but also Sportingbet and Unibet often dares having their own matchups and are must have bookies.

But if I was you living in Columbia where it should be possible, I would first of all go for Paddypower, not so many matchups but still a few, but they often release winnergames first and their compiler is very bad, most of all at analysing raceprofiles, so they often make huge mistakes. Also betvictor makes many huge mistakes but closes your account very quickly, but you might as well win what you can first.

Just joined PaddyPower and for their first free bet match, have lumped £50 on Rodriguez to win stage 7 of Volta Catalunya tomorrow. First bet I've had in years, due to a tax rebate and being drunk :)

p.s. completely agree about strange stage matchups. Tomorrow at Gent Wevelgem - Oss 1.33 v Thomas 2.10. Was almost tempted to take Geraint except for the weather

postmanhat said:
p.s. completely agree about strange stage matchups. Tomorrow at Gent Wevelgem - Oss 1.33 v Thomas 2.10. Was almost tempted to take Geraint except for the weather

Id say its precisely the opposite. GW is a sprint cobbled classic. Oss has a slightly better sprint (though G is not bad). Thomas has a better chance precisely because of the weather which might make it a harder race.

^^Was sort of assuming the sprinters wouldn't figure due to the weather. But looking now at the OPQS team and shorter course, it could be a bunch sprint. Still think Thomas will beat him tomorrow no matter how the race turns out....except motivation comes into it...and team tactics...Just reaffirming out loud my confidence in not betting on it:eek:

Finally put some money back in my Paddy Power account. ;)

Speaking of BMC, I've had a bet on Phinney (81 ew with PP). His climbing ability has already let me down once this year in Oman (was it stage 2? Obviously I haven't learnt my lesson :p), but I figure he's arguably got the best sprint in the team and it's not as if the rest of the team is overflowing in great form. Couple of interest bets on Saramotins (501 ew with PP) and Selvaggi (401 ew with PP) also as they're both in decent nick.

For Catalunya I'm on Captain Uranium (41 ew with PP) for the stage win. It does look like Wiggins doesn't care that much about the GC (losing time with splits in the sprint the past couple of days), so I reckon Uran will be given a chance to go for it.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know what the odds are for a Sky podium lockout come July. I can't think of anything worse so I'm thinking I might as well take advantage of this crazy long shot.

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Just going to put an early bet of $250 on Chris Froome paying $2.80 to win the Tour.

$10 on Porte paying $60 just in case Froome is to crash.

RVV time. :)

Kristoff 101ew
Bozic 101ew
Amador 201ew
Turgot 151ew
Offredo 101ew

and pennies on Vandousselaere 501ew and Le Bon 501ew.

All with PP (bets were a couple of days ago, so Kristoff is slightly shorter now and Turgot and Offredo longer)

TRENDING THREADS