The DIY thread

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Also got a rod for @$63 bucks..so I hardly went to the middle or high end I hope that the setup will last for the limited use I put it through. I catch most of my fish at the store and I didn't see any for and reel combos that can get beer from the ice chest,which is my specialty. No matter what I buy ,most fish feel secure and little fear from my skills

Reactions: Merckx index
This isn't really a DIY, and thank goodness for that because, having lived in the US the majority of my life I have never seen one of these electric shower heads before. I guess I wouldn't mind using one if ever traveling to where they are common, but trying to fix or replace it is a resounding NO WAY!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as7wp40RhZQ&ab_channel=CarlChristy

Being this is an international forum I'm curious as to whether you guys have ever had to use an electric showerhead. I'm familiar with the shower boxes on walls that are used in Europe for hot water, but I'm just astonished by the mere existence of these electric shower heads. You learn something new every day!

Reactions: jmdirt
I have used one before and I will say that it must have been ok because cold showers are right up there with getting my eyes gouged out. I don't know what the differential is for GFI at voltage above 110vac but I am not fuzzy wondering what happens when and if the thing shorts out..the idea of running electricity into the shower in the first world scares me..third world..electric run into the shower..? Gotta a reason not to many countries do this..?

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
I have used one before and I will say that it must have been ok because cold showers are right up there with getting my eyes gouged out. I don't know what the differential is for GFI at voltage above 110vac but I am not fuzzy wondering what happens when and if the thing shorts out..the idea of running electricity into the shower in the first world scares me..third world..electric run into the shower..? Gotta a reason not to many countries do this..?
Yes, beggars can't be choosers, apparently these electric shower heads are very common in South America and the Philippines.

If you have time to kill and are as fascinated by these things as much as I am here's a whole webpage and posts explaining them and people's experiences having used them.

This is more of an artsy-craftsy type of DIY...

So, my xmas tree topper is a bird, and unfortunately over the years he has kinda lost his arse. So naturally I had to fix this, thankfully we have a whole bunch of wild turkeys running around and they tend to lose their feathers. So I used their lost feathers, plus some spray paint and glitter, in order to fix up my bird. (Crikes, I'll be crapping glitter for the next decade, cause anyone who has ever worked with glitter knows it gets into everything and it's around to stay!)

Before:

After:

Isn't he beautious? :D

Trike you are super duper brave..in our house glitter for a couple of days on anything gives us glimmer for the year..both cats have made it half way up the Christmas tree already..the one cat works low hanging ornaments like Mike Tyson working a speed bag!!
Our cats can look at things all day with zero interest..but when the clock strikes midnight..rubber bands,hair ties, matches hard candy..anything becomes of great fascination to bat around the floor..
Glittered anything is like cat crack..
Very cool tree topper..ours is a run of the mill,star..nothing custom
Merry Christmas..

Trike you are super duper brave..in our house glitter for a couple of days on anything gives us glimmer for the year..both cats have made it half way up the Christmas tree already..the one cat works low hanging ornaments like Mike Tyson working a speed bag!!
Our cats can look at things all day with zero interest..but when the clock strikes midnight..rubber bands,hair ties, matches hard candy..anything becomes of great fascination to bat around the floor..
Glittered anything is like cat crack..
Very cool tree topper..ours is a run of the mill,star..nothing custom
Merry Christmas..
Merry Xmas to you and yours as well, and try to keep those kitties safe and off the tree, you hear!

Ok, this may not seem like much of a DIY to the expert DIYer, but being I'm not quite there yet today I had to learn how to use one of those handheld jigsaw thingies. My project was cutting some bigger pieces of wood I already had into kindling-sized wood for the woodstove (it's gotten pretty cold here recently and woodstoves are always a nice remedy), hilarity ensued!

I'm happy to report I didn't accidentally saw anyone's limbs off, I did break a few blades, though. No biggie, just had to make a trip to my beloved Home Depot for replacements.

Anyhoo, at first using the jigsaw frightened me, but with a little bit of practice (and reading the user's manual) it is possible to get a hang of it without hurting oneself. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BroDeal Non-Cycling Discussions 0
T Non-Cycling Discussions 26

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS