• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Dog Thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
krebs303 said:
yip-yap passed away last night. He wouldn't eat yesterday morning and just got worse as the day wore on. He wasn't really my dog but he had been hanging out here before I moved in. I'll miss him waiting on the front porch every morning. The guys working on the house buried him in the front yard for me
382808_10150936584820012_507150011_21493022_374376438_n.jpg

so sorry dude.RIP yip-yap.

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
thanks y'all

These two are hanging together most of the time.
I wonder if Teirra thinks it's one of her puppies returning?
The "little chihuahua dog" likes having a big sister to protect her.

307745_10150938658510012_507150011_21501708_1134393856_n.jpg
The Big-dog/little-dog combination always seems to work. No rivalries emerge and the little one usually turns out to be the Alpha dog

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
She was a much loved, 13 year old Border Collie and didn't suffer only until the final few hours of her life. Thanks for the kind messages, on3m@n@rmy and mewmewmew13.

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
She was a much loved, 13 year old Border Collie and didn't suffer only until the final few hours of her life. Thanks for the kind messages, on3m@n@rmy and mewmewmew13.

Ah, crap. So sorry, ACF.
We almost lost ours (post 39) to liver cancer over the holidays and spent Christmas, our 20th anniversary and New Years nursing him and preparing for what we thought was the inevitable. We have only some amazing surgical work to thank for giving him a new lease on life. Made us realize how much the little critter means to us, and a little of what you're going through.
Again, my sympathies.

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
Awwww shucks. Sorry to hear that dude. They are family, poo-piles, hair everywhere, sloppy tongues and wet noses on the face and all. Hang loose.

These are all the best reasons to take in a dog, whether a pup or an old hound. Had an Aussie that was a little older than yours ACF when he passed away two summers ago. Still can't think of getting another dog even now. But we got a Kid/goat this summer and he's become our family dog. Fully grown and still jumps into your lap to hang out. He's best buds with my sister's Border Collie too. These are just new memories to add to the irreplacable ones that I had formed with my Aussie.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
My dog passed away last night. Surprised how sad I was/am. They do become like family.

:(

Peace for her.
Not only that they are a family member, those dudes would even give their lifes for their pack of familymembers.

That devides them from cats.
Lost many so far, but loss of my dog was a true hit. It's different because they are always by your side.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
funny sprinkler dogs. Ours would do the same thing. Practical choke themselves on it they would.

Children and dogs love sprinklers. I recall the simple pleasure of playing under a sprinkler (many moons ago :D ) on a stinking hot summer's day.

I recon I could still go a sprinkler shower (but for water restrictions ...and self conscious embarrassment of an old man) would need young accomplices to cover for me.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Red Rick said:
We've got a flatcoated retriever, and he's lazy, if i throw a ball in the river4 times, i can get it out:D

I am sure your dog finds that very entertaining and has a smile for you as you clamber up the bank.:)