• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The doped bike exists (video of pro version)!

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

hrotha said:
Archibald said:
hrotha said:
You don't even need the UCI to get involved. What if someone steals your bikes and the whole thing is revealed?
"Hi, we're the guys that just stole all of [insert team name here]'s bikes. Thought we'd let you know we found some motors in them when we sold them off..."
Don't think so...
You're right, information is only conveyed through official channels, signed and stamped.
so what? his point is valid.
Who's gonna steal bikes, then check them for tiny motors, and then sing to the CIRC/UCI or a newspaper? And what newspaper would publish a story provided by a burgler? Your scenario seems pretty farfetched.
And in the unlikely case that anything would come out through unofficial channels, what we'd end up with is another rumor, of the Cassani type.
and not even you seem to attach any value to such rumors, let alone the UCI.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
neineinei said:

UCI technical chief Jean Wauthier told the Belgian daily newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws that he didn’t believe Cancellara would use a motor.

“The risk is simply too big. For him, his team and the bike manufacturers. A champion like Cancellara would not take that risk.”
glad we have that settled.
good.
grief.

fabian-cancellara-interview.jpg

Just look at those eyes. Those are clean eyes. Those are a champion's eyes.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
huge article in l'Equipe
very huge

Contador mentioned a lot ....

remember all those very often weird bike changes near the end of the race ?

Re:

SkyTears said:
huge article in l'Equipe
very huge

Contador mentioned a lot ....

remember all those very often weird bike changes near the end of the race ?
Not weird, lighter bike for final climb. And Contador is mentioned twice, once regarding using his own wheels in the 2009 Tour ITT and once stating he is often nervous during bike checks.

It wouldn't make sense to change to a lighter bike when the first one was probably already at the legal limit. A bike with specific gears for a particularly tough climb, maybe. It is something that has definitely raised some eyebrows before, although people probably had weight cheating in mind rather than motors.

Re:

hrotha said:
It wouldn't make sense to change to a lighter bike when the first one was probably already at the legal limit. A bike with specific gears for a particularly tough climb, maybe. It is something that has definitely raised some eyebrows before, although people probably had weight cheating in mind rather than motors.
Hmm I thought maybe a heavier bike for the descents. Could also be a gear thing. I don't know.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
In Cassani's demonstration bike the activation button is precisely there (on the side of the steering wheel) where it c/would have been activated the way Hesjedal's bike fell on the asphalt.
anybody check that Hesjedal footage again (in the l'Equipe link above) and tell me it aint suspect.

p.s. would be grateful for a link to the full l'Equipe article, or a brief summary of the most important bits. LaFlorecita? SkyTears?

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Wheels can make a big difference to the way a bike feels. So a bike switch with climbing wheels could help some riders. Most teams need to add weight to comply with regs so that is not such an issue. Froome was riding with some ax lightness wheels well under a 1000grms "Pina is a heavy frame compered to the rest of the peloton" and Ulrich was famous for using lightweight wheels again well under a 1000grms
Every time I see all that footage of Fabien I just don't see anything else but a doped bike.

Re:

sniper said:
In Cassani's demonstration bike the activation button is precisely there (on the side of the steering wheel) where it c/would have been activated the way Hesjedal's bike fell on the asphalt.
anybody check that Hesjedal footage again (in the l'Equipe link above) and tell me it aint suspect.

p.s. would be grateful for a link to the full l'Equipe article, or a brief summary of the most important bits. LaFlorecita? SkyTears?

Sorry I don't have anything, just bits of info here and there

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
sniper said:

cheers.
do you know who's the source of the statement that Contador is nervous for bike checks?

sniper said:
LaFlorecita said:
sniper said:

cheers.
do you know who's the source of the statement that Contador is nervous for bike checks?
I got it from this guy
https://twitter.com/oufeh/status/583573866561327104
just asked if he knows who the source is.

LaFlorecita said:
sniper said:
LaFlorecita said:
sniper said:

cheers.
I got it from this guy
https://twitter.com/oufeh/status/583573866561327104
just asked if he knows who the source is.
OK. The article literally states Contador appeared very nervous and "attacked" the UCI commissaire who wanted to check the dimensions of his bike, during the 2013 TDF in Chorges. No source mentioned so I assume it's just a fact.

Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
The Hesjedal incident honestly was an eye opener. That video that purports to "prove" that he didn't cheat was hilarious. The guy was holding on to the bars, whereas in the Hesjedal crash, the bike strted moving by itself.
On both occasions the bike rotates around the handlebars with the rear wheel touching the ground, I don't see the difference?

LaFlorecita said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
The Hesjedal incident honestly was an eye opener. That video that purports to "prove" that he didn't cheat was hilarious. The guy was holding on to the bars, whereas in the Hesjedal crash, the bike strted moving by itself.
On both occasions the bike rotates around the handlebars with the rear wheel touching the ground, I don't see the difference?

In the Rasmussen video, he is holding on to the handlebars.

Moose McKnuckles said:
LaFlorecita said:
Moose McKnuckles said:

Yes, I saw that, but I don't think it makes a difference? I might be wrong.

LaFlorecita said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
LaFlorecita said:
Moose McKnuckles said:

Yes, I saw that, but I don't think it makes a difference? I might be wrong.

If it doesn't make a difference why is he holding on to them? Wouldn't it be natural to run the experiment replicating the conditions that originally existed?

If I were trying to prove innocence, I'd run the exact same experiment in the exact same place.

TRENDING THREADS